Thais And Their Amazing Memory..........

theblether

Just a couple of examples.....I've got dozens and no doubt so do you........

My pal wandered in to the laundry and dropped some clothes on Thursday.......he wandered back in yesterday and was confused and maybe even angered? to be handed two parcels and overcharged.

Rather than cause a scene he went back to his room to open the parcels, and was amazed to see T shirts that he had dropped off in the laundry in October 2010. He'd forgotten about them.....the girl in the laundry clearly hadn't and nursed the T shirts for over two years until he came back. Amazing.

I wandered into the Muay Thai training yesterday, the trainer handed me a kettle-bell and asked me to show one of the other guys how to use it, he didn't know how. He said he remembered me using it the last time I was at the class three years ago. I can't have used it more than three minutes that day, and at that time he wasn't my trainer, he just noticed me throwing the kettle-bell about the place. Three years? Amazing.

Over to you....I bet you've been stunned at the Thais total recall at times biggrin.png

ps. If you feel a mini earthquake between 9.30 - 11.00 any morning in Chiang Mai, don't worry, it's me jumping about like a drunken baby elephant at the training. coffee1.gif

Well some people are not that internet savvy smile.png

That's a great piece of kit though.....I would highly recommend it, it takes up no space in your home and you can exercise with it to fit your schedule, no running down to expensive gyms blah blah.

That's the theory, the reality is it just lies forgotten in the corner cos I'm too effin' lazy to use it coffee1.gif

google steve maxwell.

That's kind of scary that they didn't look it up. Kind of explains why so much stuff is broken in Thailand.

Pretty intuitive to experiment with KB's also.

Also really good are indian club bells. Easy to make with pvc pipe and weighty stuff like sand, small rocks or lead shot etc.

Good tip Cobra......plus I've never seen indian club bells, I'll go youtube them. I'm far from fit ( and I mean far ) but I'm trying smile.png

just checked out the club bells.....I would do myself in with them sad.png

No coordination you see biggrin.png

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

My Mrs remembered 200 bht I borrowed 2 months back. sad.png .........................smile.png

Mine has forgotten the 200 baht she borrowed yesterday. sad.png

Your lucky with 200 baht...when i borrow 200baht...I have to return 2000 baht!....she knows her maths

• Like 1

My Mrs remembered 200 bht I borrowed 2 months back. sad.png .........................smile.png

Your lucky with 200 baht...when i borrow 200baht...I have to return 2000 baht!....she knows her maths

She knows about Thai interest rates. laugh.png

• Like 1

She knows about Thai interest rates. laugh.png

No wonder she is an accountant, certainly knows how to balance the books....her vway!!

I am amazed the amount of Thais that know me by name but I'm not sure if they have good memory's or mine is shot.

And regarding borrowing my money I always understood that borrowing meant that eventually you would get it back.

Silly me.

I am amazed the amount of Thais that know me by name but I'm not sure if they have good memory's or mine is shot.

And regarding borrowing my money I always understood that borrowing meant that eventually you would get it back.

Silly me.

Fair point about the recall of names.......I've been called by name by people I haven't seen for three years, I recognise them but their ain't no way I'm recalling their names. Makes me feel very rude at times. sad.png

Maybe I should start writing things down.

Silly me.

Fair point about the recall of names.......I've been called by name by people I haven't seen for three years, I recognise them but their ain't no way I'm recalling their names. Makes me feel very rude at times.

And the other astounding thing about Thais is there are hundreds that know I am a father.

God knows how

It could be also there is not a lot of stored information in many of the Thai brains.

Would be interesting to test if higher educated Thai's have as good a memory for name recall etc.

A fruit vendors brain is possibly not that crammed with information and when its a clean slate then easier to recall.

Is harder to find something in a packed warehouse or an empty one?

I doubt their brains are different from western ones.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie
  • Like 1

Don't know how to use a kettlebell?

so they have a great memory but don't know how to use youtube or google?

Not a good tradeoff

I dont think that is actually the point of this thread.

Dont you think?

wink.png

Silly me.

Fair point about the recall of names.......I've been called by name by people I haven't seen for three years, I recognise them but their ain't no way I'm recalling their names. Makes me feel very rude at times. sad.png

When I was a schoolteacher, I could hardly remember any of my students names, most of them sounded so similar, Dang, Tang, Fon, Pon etc.

Not a good tradeoff

Dont you think?

wink.png

what are you allergic to kettlebells son?

Please tell us what the point of the thread is?

Not a good tradeoff

Dont you think?

wink.png

The point is about someones memory, not about whether someone actually can use kettlebells, or if they are as internet savvy as you are Daddy.

Not a good tradeoff

Dont you think?

wink.png

The point is about someones memory, not about whether someone actually can use kettlebells, or if they are as internet savvy as you are Daddy.

The point is about someones memory? what does that even mean?

Please drive us back to the point of the thread. Thanks.

I could tell hundreds of stories about the amazing memory of the Thais.

That could be easily done, if i had a good memory coffee1.gif

It seems btw, that internet in huge doses is affecting the memory quite badly...Not that that's a negative in every sense..whistling.gif

Oddly enough I was in Chiang Mai in December and stopped by a Net Cafe to scan a copy of a letter for work. I had been there before a long time ago thats how I knew it was there. But to my supprise the guy knew me by name and asked me if I wanted him to go get me a Leo while I do my invoice. (what I was there for lasttime and he got me a Leo as well) That blew my mind.