New Honda Big Bikes Made In Thailand Next Year!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG!

On which point? What else is made here then? I can't find any info in it beyond the 795 and some rumours that the Diavel will be or is assembled here as well.
diavel is and two more already announced.

Ok, .. two bikes assembled here (especially those two bikes) does not begin to justify the comment "Ducati's are made in Thailand."

Made in Italy:

Hypermotard (2 versions)

Hyperstrada

Monster 696

Monster 796

Monster 1100 (3 versions)

Multistrada (4 versions)

848 Evo (2 versions)

848 Streefighter

1198 Panigale (4 versions)

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Little bit of info for mr know it all its not a 500 cc engine,little question for you too if my wife is driving our car through issan does that make her from issan then?

Please tell us you're not pointing out that it's actually a 471cc engine? And I thought I was pedantic.

WRONG!

On which point? What else is made here then? I can't find any info in it beyond the 795 and some rumours that the Diavel will be or is assembled here as well.
diavel is and two more already announced.

Ok, .. two bikes assembled here (especially those two bikes) does not begin to justify the comment "Ducati's are made in Thailand."

Made in Italy:

Hypermotard (2 versions)

Hyperstrada

Monster 696

Monster 796

Monster 1100 (3 versions)

Multistrada (4 versions)

848 Evo (2 versions)

848 Streefighter

1198 Panigale (4 versions)

Diavel is assembled here (CKD = 30% import tax, before local taxes)

Monster 795 is made here (local taxes only)

Multi and a mini multi special for the Asian market are rumored to be assembled/made here soon. Since the entire Ducati operation in Thailand appears to be rather chaotic it's up in the air when these will come. The dealers are promising them "soon".

Amusing defense mechanism. :whistling:

So there wasn't actually any Isaan truck driver, or any talk of a CBR650 (and it's space-age technology) and it was all just a ruse to get people to post....

Of course of course. ;)

:D

I have edited trollish posts & responses to it.

Antagonizing members is not allowed and against forum rules.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi again after a long time.

i hate to say i told you guys new bikes are coming! where are all these people claiming i was dreaming or lying?

a cbr650 is coming and they said to me that it will be made to compete with kawa 636 and they added, it will be better that 636.

also they said, cbr300r is also coming soon with a new design not cbr250r design.

Edited by bazmlb

Yes Pantip dot com posted a bit about it with this artists rendering.

As for thier new Honda 650 here being a 636 beater?

I had not heard that & doubt it as it has not been spoken of in a RR config

but that would be great if true.

547401_543456252392761_1111843291_n.jpg

well i do not know Mania, this is what i hear from people working on these bikes now.

found this too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=542149569151996&set=a.480924185274535.121712.480890941944526&type=1&theater

That engine looks like it has only one throttle body?

Honda did the same thing with their 500 cc bikes; there's two throttle bodies inside but a single casing.

Considering the direction that Honda has taken recently I also doubt the claims of a 636 killer...I was actually hoping they were going to go with a 750cc triple in a couple of years for my upgrade path.