How Is The Dry Season Looking?

David48

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

W et season is sadly also the start of the pilfering and stealing season in our area.

Warnings have been issued in our villages re stealing from houses while everybody is out preparing paddies for planting, computers ,cameras, cash etc ,one neighbour even had the 10 hp diesel stolen off his :iron buffalo the other night.

Last night was our turn, in the midst of a hum dinger of a storm, the poachers raided our ponds,they were pretty certain nobody would be silly enough to be out in such a storm as they worked their evil very close to the pond perimeter lighting,this morning found dead fish all along the pond walls where they dropped many in their haste.

More cost now as all I can think of is to fit a heap of motion sensing floodlights.

Ah the trials and tribulations of trying to make a buck in the midst of these light fingered p#*@s.

Bad news ozzydom,saw police a few villages away having a meeting with the public today,hopefully not for same reason.

If you have power for lights i would go with rows of electric fence,just turn off when you want to enter.The beauty of electric is you dont need to many posts,just a few droppers inbetween,wish i had of done that instead of 5 rows of barbed wire which they can still climb thru if they want.

Luckily i live in an area that has no passing traffic only a couple of dozen farmers around.

W et season is sadly also the start of the pilfering and stealing season in our area.

Warnings have been issued in our villages re stealing from houses while everybody is out preparing paddies for planting, computers ,cameras, cash etc ,one neighbour even had the 10 hp diesel stolen off his :iron buffalo the other night.

Last night was our turn, in the midst of a hum dinger of a storm, the poachers raided our ponds,they were pretty certain nobody would be silly enough to be out in such a storm as they worked their evil very close to the pond perimeter lighting,this morning found dead fish all along the pond walls where they dropped many in their haste.

More cost now as all I can think of is to fit a heap of motion sensing floodlights.

Ah the trials and tribulations of trying to make a buck in the midst of these light fingered p#*@s.

Bad news ozzydom,saw police a few villages away having a meeting with the public today,hopefully not for same reason.

If you have power for lights i would go with rows of electric fence,just turn off when you want to enter.The beauty of electric is you dont need to many posts,just a few droppers inbetween,wish i had of done that instead of 5 rows of barbed wire which they can still climb thru if they want.

Luckily i live in an area that has no passing traffic only a couple of dozen farmers around.

If I run electric fence ,I will erect it in the pond a metre or so out from the bank,that way the thieving buggars will be well earthed when they get zapped.w00t.gif

• Like 2

If I run electric fence ,I will erect it in the pond a metre or so out from the bank,that way the thieving buggars will be well earthed when they get zapped.w00t.gif

The fish may be a little shocked too!