-"bangkok-Pattaya Hospital" - Still Terrible In My Experience

Tiger7Moth

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still attending every week and the service is still outstanding. My mother is visiting and needed some treatment last week so I took her to BHP and she said the service was amazing compared to back home, if she wants to go private at home she has to make an appointment to see a regular doc first. Here she was in and out in less than 90 minutes, top level treatment and all for the rip off price of ....... 1, 900 Bt.

Don't get me wrong, the day BHP rip me off I will be on here ranting, but so far I am very impressed.

Surprising no-one from BPH has been on this thread to counteract the slating it's getting. Doesn't look good for them staying silent on this.

Correct.

Any business that wants to survive in the Internet age would be wise to have a public relations person consoling the complainers and correcting bad information.

A zealous unhappy customer can cause havoc with the company reputation.

They don't need to. They have a captive audience. A large chunk of foreigners will go there first when they are in a medical crisis regardless of internet forum chatter. Medical care is NOT a normal consumer item. When you need it, you get it, or often you're dead.

Only time I used Bangkok Pattaya albeit about 7 years ago I couldn't believe how cheap it was for what I had done. Even with a Mercedes quality of crutches only paid 2600 baht

Possibly those thinking BPH is inexpensive are simply used to very high medical costs, as in the US. I have been used to consulting a European gp without using healthcare for a fee equivalent to 500 baht. Compared to that 1900 bath in Thailand seems expensive.

Possibly those thinking BPH is inexpensive are simply used to very high medical costs, as in the US. I have been used to consulting a European gp without using healthcare for a fee equivalent to 500 baht. Compared to that 1900 bath in Thailand seems expensive.

Compared to a UK private hospital of an equivalent standard it is cheap, and a lot less hassle.

Private hospitals have always been a luxury item. I'm talking about using a stock government hospital in mainland Europe (several countries) without being covered by the national healthcare system. (I was a consultant at the time, travelling around a lot in various European countries). Never had to wait more than a few minutes, excellent professional treatment. No problem.

Surprising no-one from BPH has been on this thread to counteract the slating it's getting. Doesn't look good for them staying silent on this.

When was the last time you saw any business owner respond to comments on Thai Visa? Most of them don't bother to read these forums.

• Like 1

When was the last time you saw any business owner respond to comments on Thai Visa? Most of them don't bother to read these forums.

Sunrise Tacos? sick.gif

Quite right,not used to big billing, it comes as an almighty shock Cursed in Thailand for medical care, blessed by India being close ,finest of the finest treatment for a fraction of Thailand's costs and only around £100 return flight away

Sunrise Tacos? sick.gif

Then why does the carnitas taste as sweet as a snickers bar?

• Like 1

Fair point about them replying but I'm pretty sure BPH do have people from their international department that read these forums - though a reply is hardly expected I guess.

On a positive note about the place, I went to have a lesion removed from my shoulder last month. Same treatment I had about 3 years ago and see the cost had increased by only about 100 baht - 6100 to 6200 baht for laser removal biopsy. The doctor was excellent with the information and the treatment was immediate with the results back before time as well. I've rarely had a bad experience in the place and can't really complain about the cost either.

Compare that to another incident last month while near the Burmese border where I had to go to a government hospital due to back muscles seizing up. Requested a relaxant injection and I'm certain all I received was water or something - while the cost was almost zero, the effect was zero.

My wife told me later that it's known that the drugs that are being used by gov hospitals are being watered down so at the end of the day I'm glad I have BPH available....and to have insurance to cover it....

• Like 1