Adorable Things That Thai Girls Do

Phronesis

she must be a real winner, being with a man who is taken.

very adorable and cute, but what can you expect from someone who puts your toothbrush in their hair.

as they say one mans trash can be another mans treasure.

"she must be a real winner, being with a man who is taken."

Where did you get that information?

"very adorable and cute, but what can you expect from someone who puts your toothbrush in their hair."

So putting your toothbrush in her hair is indicative of some sort of flawed character?

"as they say one mans trash can be another mans treasure."

Nasty. Based on this story, the girl is (comparable to) trash or what?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the whole concept of giks.

just stay single and play the field or stay faithful.

You hate the whole concept? You clearly don't even understand the concept.

Playing the field does not preclude having Giks. Indeed, Giks make that all the easier.

I didn't notice in the OP where he mentioned that he was married?

From my understanding, no need to be married to have a gik...

It can just be the equivalent of "friends with benefits" or "F_ _ _ buddies"

Just not reaching the point of girlfriend/boyfriend

Unlike Mia Noi, which would require you to have a Mia Luang

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Not tryin to wind up the guy who likes getting head slapped by his wife, I understand he likes it for the sentimental value as she has done it from the first day they met.

But I have to mention that since I have lived here, one of the things about Thai culture I have heard repeatedly is that hitting the head is a very serious thing, as in "never hit, touch, push, even playfully, a Thai's head" because it is considered the "highest/most respected" part of the body. Doing so is supposedly a big sign of disrespect. Anyone else heard that before?

The only reason I mention it is because Davey said he was told "its a Thai thing" as the reason she does it. Ive seen it done playfully though, so maybe its not as big a deal as i thought. I just know when im on the BTS im always trying to keep my elbows from flailing around and bonking someone on the head.

Not tryin to wind up the guy who likes getting head slapped by his wife, I understand he likes it for the sentimental value as she has done it from the first day they met.

But I have to mention that since I have lived here, one of the things about Thai culture I have heard repeatedly is that hitting the head is a very serious thing, as in "never hit, touch, push, even playfully, a Thai's head" because it is considered the "highest/most respected" part of the body. Doing so is supposedly a big sign of disrespect. Anyone else heard that before?

The only reason I mention it is because Davey said he was told "its a Thai thing" as the reason she does it. Ive seen it done playfully though, so maybe its not as big a deal as i thought. I just know when im on the BTS im always trying to keep my elbows from flailing around and bonking someone on the head.

It largely depends on context but it's typically inappropriate and I can't imagine many Thai women doing it to a man when they first met, if ever.

My wife and I play and always have. She's got a great sense of humor and certainly isn't conservative or stuffy but in 20 years, I don't think she's ever hit my head, nor can I recall any of the Thai girlfriends or friends I had ever doing so (that adds up to quite a few ladies back in the day). That doesn't mean no Thai woman ever would or should but it would indicate at the very least perhaps it's not that common.

Far more typical, and even this maybe not on a first meeting, is a slap to the shoulder or chest.

.Giks are for guys with low self-esteem. There are other, less hurtful ways to fix this.

Why does having a Gik indicate low self-esteem? Guys with enough self-esteem are always in committed relationships?

How is having a Gik inherently hurtful (and to whom)?

its cute the way they get so angry when i forget to flush

your sh*t might not smell like Chanel No.5

Mine's Chanel No. 2.

I also like channel5, heaps better shows than channel 2....:D

You know what I like, how a topics posted, then we manage to read between the lines, change it round a bit and the rest is history!

Edited by krisb

Yes I have heard the head thing before. Also about stamping on a coin that has been dropped (to prevent it spinning away). Both of which makes sense. I wish us Europeans had such etiquette.

who or what is a "gik"?

Exactly!
-

In case you're not taking the piss, it's a person with whom you have a casual sexual relationship.

It does not necessarily imply that you have a more primary partner, as with mia noi, and it doesn't imply financial support, at least not any more than other styles of sexual relationahip do in Thailand.

who or what is a "gik"?

Exactly!
-

In case you're not taking the piss, it's a person with whom you have a casual sexual relationship.

It does not necessarily imply that you have a more primary partner, as with mia noi, and it doesn't imply financial support, at least not any more than other styles of sexual relationahip do in Thailand.

BS, a single man cannot have a Gik, argue that one all day long if you like.

right this second my thai friends are laughing at your post.

who or what is a "gik"?

Exactly!
-

BS, a single man cannot have a Gik, argue that one all day long if you like.

right this second my thai friends are laughing at your post.

So, are you saying that a man cannot have "person with whom you have a casual sexual relationship" if she is Thai?? Is that what you are saying because that is what is being refered to here. Because if you and your Thai mates are saying this I can tell you categorically that you are all full of BS.

thats koo non, a gik is someone who is taken and has a gik on the side, you cannot be single and have a gik, you can have a woman but its not called gik unless you have a woman already.

your refering to koo non.

i got 4 thai guys right here and you are going to say their all wrong, are you serious, perhaps you can give them some thai lessons.

Bogged down in semantics, trying to define what a gik or GIK is...

This threat was meant to congratulate the OP about his achievement and possibly using the opportunity to present some of your own racy embellishments.

Spoil sports!

Edited by Morakot