New Business, Work Permit And Non O To Non B!

Hi,

I'm living in Thailand for around 18 months with my wife and kid in Non O visa (Reason is to take care of my son).

Me and my wife (Thai) opened a business in her name last year. But now, I want to change my visa from Non O to Non B by becoming partner of the company that was opened in my wife's name. Is it possible to become partner of the company that was opened in my wife's name and also get Work Permit and Non B Visa on that basis?

Thanks for reply

You do not need to change to a non-b visa or even get another type of extension if you have one based upon marriage.

You can get a work permit for a partnership with your Thai wife. Since you are married to a Thai you only have to have 2 Thai employees and registered capital of one million baht. But you would not qualify for an extension based upon working from immigration that is why having an extension based upon marriage is so important.

If you are on a non-o multiple entry visa you could do the same and later get the extension (or renew existing extension) by showing tax payments on an income of at least 40K baht or annnual income of at least 480K baht to get the extension along with work permit to prove you are working legally.

So I too have an annual multiple entry Cat O visa issued in Singapore. My Thai wife and I have owned a company for 3 years and I am now interested in the route to citizenship. It seems that I need a visa that does not require visa runs/reporting for 3 more years, and to be on a yellow house registration ++ to apply.

My question related to visas is, assuming that all my taxes and salary are in order, are there any reasons why I would not apply for my Cat B visa in Thailand, or am I best off returning to Singapore and applying there?

Thanks in advance.

You simply apply for an extension of stay at immigration either for reason of being married to a Thai or working and after 3 years being on extensions you can apply for Thai citizenship. You do not apply for a special kind of visa, you already have the right visa but need to do extensions of stay at immigration.

• Like 1