Non-B Multiple Docs From Siam Legal And Sunbelt

Sunbelt is 10k for the docs, and Siam Legal is 15k, are there any other legals firms that sponsor for these docs?

Just received an email back from Siam Legal, they said Brisbane will issue the visa (225AUS) in one hour (in person). Any trip advisers on this?

(I also have an email from the Royal Thai Consulate General - Melbourne, they say "It takes 1-2 full business days with a decision ready application.")

Thanks.

You don't need to spend money on Sunbelt or Siam Legal.

You can apply for a Non Imm B at Brissy on the basis that you are coming to Thailand to explore for investment opportunities.

1. Have your accountant draft a letter saying that you have x amount in cash in at call bank accounts.

2. If you have a company make copy of your deed.

3. Draft a letter explaining that you wish to visit Thailand to carry out due diligence on property and other investment opportunities. State that you require a 12 month multi entry NON IMM B.

If you don't have any cash at call you may alternatively refer to your super balance and the fact that you want to diversify your super into investments in Thailand because of the strong out look for its economy blah blah...

You will then receive a 12 month multi entry B from Brissy that is good for 15 months. Just duck out on a visa run just before the 12 month expires and you will get another 90 days.

DO NOT waste your money on Sunbelt or Siam...you can do it all yourself and only pay the $225 at Brissy...

Thanks Phronesis. I'm in Bkk, saving are here, I dont use an accountant, thus the inquiry into alternative legal firms that can provide that service (cheaper than the aforementioned if possible). Does seem like a waste, but I believe I am stuck otherwise?

I have used Sunbelt a long time ago for this service, never had to pay anything other than the 10K for the docs. Not sure why siam legal charges 5K more, there must be other legal services that can provide for less.

I had my non-Imm B visa arranged through Sunbelt back some years prior to becoming age-eligible for a retirement extension.

Each year, I paid their pre-arranged fee for processing the new visa. But there were no other fees involved other than at renewal time.

AFAIR, their role was similar to what Phronesis mentioned above -- an invitation from a Thai company to explore investment opportunities in Thailand. It wasn't in any way to be employed by any Thai company. That way, there weren't any external accountants or banks involved or required.

Overall, I think a lot depends on in which country one is applying for a Non Imm B visa... There may still be some places where that can be obtained simply thru the applicant's statement that they want to explore investment opportunities. But I suspect in more places, the consulate will want something documented from a company in Thailand inviting or endorsing.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Used Siam Legal for a WP once thinking it would be quite complicated and hard to do by myself. They put an ignorant unqualified clerk on to my case who refused to listen to me when I told him what documents were required which resulted in a needless delay. Then they billed me for some hidden charges that were not mentioned in their ad. Finally I had to wait a long time at the Labour Ministry for as their messenger showed up an hour late with the receipt I needed to pick up the WP. I did it myself after that.

I have had Sunbelt do some legal stuff to do with land transfer and they did a decent job with no hidden charges.

You don't need to spend money on Sunbelt or Siam Legal.

You can apply for a Non Imm B at Brissy on the basis that you are coming to Thailand to explore for investment opportunities.

1. Have your accountant draft a letter saying that you have x amount in cash in at call bank accounts.

2. If you have a company make copy of your deed.

3. Draft a letter explaining that you wish to visit Thailand to carry out due diligence on property and other investment opportunities. State that you require a 12 month multi entry NON IMM B.

If you don't have any cash at call you may alternatively refer to your super balance and the fact that you want to diversify your super into investments in Thailand because of the strong out look for its economy blah blah...

You will then receive a 12 month multi entry B from Brissy that is good for 15 months. Just duck out on a visa run just before the 12 month expires and you will get another 90 days.

DO NOT waste your money on Sunbelt or Siam...you can do it all yourself and only pay the $225 at Brissy...

What is "Brissy" ?

Edited by metisdead
Font: Arial, Size 14

• 2 weeks later...

This is the letter of invitation from my company (also have
company registration with stamp and copy of ID of the owner), I am planning to go to either
Perth or Brisbane for a 1 year B multiple:

"This letter is issued to support the request for a Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa 1 year, category
"B" (Business), for (me), Canadian citizen, passport number... We are
employing (me) as General Manager, subject to approval of this visa and
subsequent application for a work permit. During his stay in Thailand our
company agrees to pay all expenses related to our business."

Does that look like enough to obtain the 1 year non-imm B multiple entry visa?