Do You Consider Bitcoin To Be A Serious Hedging Option?

Just converted mine to real USD in a matter of seconds at www.mtgox.com. donbt understand yur point here.

Why would anyone purchase something that exists in a place you cannot touch and has no real value. Try to convert those bit coins to real money. Sorry just another scam for the dreamers, to give away what little they have..........

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your think of bitcoin as a hedge against extreme global currency crises othen bare this power in mind:

Following the Boston Marathon bombings, news began to spread of a US government cellphone network shutdown. While the claims were quickly shown to be false, a secret federal rule does, in fact, make such a shutdown possible.

While the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has in the past denied the existence of Standard Operating Procedure 303, as Ars Technica recently pointed out, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) challenged the secrecy of such documents in 2012 by filing a Freedom of Information Act request.

What EPIC found via its lawsuit was that a 2007 report stated that the network shutdown policy was adopted in March of 2006. According to that report, the National Coordinating Center, a part of the DHS, was to be the main player in any actions leading up to and following the termination of private wireless network connections, both within a localized area, such as a tunnel or bridge, and within an entire metropolitan area."

There has been particular focus on government possession of any sort of 'kill switch' over cell networks and internet service since the embattled government of Hosni Mubarak shut down both in Egypt at the height of protests in 2011.

-rt

• 4 weeks later...

Like any other relatively new concept, there's opportunity in it. I don't trust it to store any significant value though. point A to point B only. Sometimes to point C.

:-)

Like any other relatively new concept, there's opportunity in it. I don't trust it to store any significant value though. point A to point B only. Sometimes to point C.

Yes, I can see why Bitcoin might appeal to you.

Yes, I can see why Bitcoin might appeal to you.

Hmm? Do we know each other? Is that you, Svetlana? Riko?

The Federal Reserve banking cartel are scared of it though. . . US seizes top Bitcoin exchange as crackdown begins.

This is the reality of bitcoins unfortunately,worldwide govts and central banks do not like any form of currency that they have no control over and because of this it will be targeted by criminals and gangsters who cannot place their ill-gotten gains into the banking system without some very serious contacts at the bank!

Take HSBC for example,being fined recently and apologising for money laundering.They've been laundering the Colombian Drug Cartel's money,tens or hundreds of billions of dollars through Panama for the last 30 years!Google the CBD of Panama and it looks like an Asian mega-city,all glass and steel skyscrapers paid for by drug money.

In fact Panama used to be blacklisted worldwide but it didn't stop them,now they've been brought into the fold and Panama Private Interest Foundations are nearly a thing of the past now.Same with Lichtenstein and Switzerland,blown wide apart by a trader originally with a DVD and thousands of names of Americans,Australians,Germans,British etc all hiding offshore funds from their respective tax authorities.

Bitcoin is just a massive house of cards and all its imitators and one day very soon that house of cards will fall!It won't be long before bitcoin is outlawed and blacklisted and it will happen overnight,would you like to take that risk,I know I wouldn't?

The Federal Reserve banking cartel are scared of it though. . . US seizes top Bitcoin exchange as crackdown begins.

This is the reality of bitcoins unfortunately,worldwide govts and central banks do not like any form of currency that they have no control over and because of this it will be targeted by criminals and gangsters who cannot place their ill-gotten gains into the banking system without some very serious contacts at the bank!

Take HSBC for example,being fined recently and apologising for money laundering.They've been laundering the Colombian Drug Cartel's money,tens or hundreds of billions of dollars through Panama for the last 30 years!Google the CBD of Panama and it looks like an Asian mega-city,all glass and steel skyscrapers paid for by drug money.

In fact Panama used to be blacklisted worldwide but it didn't stop them,now they've been brought into the fold and Panama Private Interest Foundations are nearly a thing of the past now.Same with Lichtenstein and Switzerland,blown wide apart by a trader originally with a DVD and thousands of names of Americans,Australians,Germans,British etc all hiding offshore funds from their respective tax authorities.

Bitcoin is just a massive house of cards and all its imitators and one day very soon that house of cards will fall!It won't be long before bitcoin is outlawed and blacklisted and it will happen overnight,would you like to take that risk,I know I wouldn't?

National governments are some of the biggest criminal gangs out there. They're just not happy that some people don't want to be part of their racket, that's all.

• Like 1

Here let me correct that for you:

Bitcoin US dollars are just a massive house of cards and all its imitators and one day very soon that house of cards will fall!

As for outlawed/blacklisted. Bitcoin cannot be killed by laws. If Bitcoin were outlawed today (ignoring the fact that this legislation would be impossible without inadvertently outlawing thousands of other things), sure the price would pumpet but it would find a new price (maybe $0.25 who knows) and then it would continue to be used as a blackmarket currency at it's new value.

And as for blocking/destroying it all you have to do is look to filesharing to see how that ends.

Edited by dave111223
  • Like 1

Bitcoin US dollars are just a massive house of cards and all its imitators and one day very soon that house of cards will fall!

As for outlawed/blacklisted. Bitcoin cannot be killed by laws. If Bitcoin were outlawed today (ignoring the fact that this legislation would be impossible without inadvertently outlawing thousands of other things), sure the price would pumpet but it would find a new price (maybe $0.25 who knows) and then it would continue to be used as a blackmarket currency at it's new value.

And as for blocking/destroying it all you have to do is look to filesharing to see how that ends.

Hardly,the US Dollar is backed by the US Govt and Federal Reserve Bank.It's also the world's biggest and favourite reserve currency,comparing it with Bitcoin just makes you look foolish and as if you have no clue what you are talking about.

Which I suspect is the case!

Hardly,the US Dollar is backed by the US Govt and Federal Reserve Bank.It's also the world's biggest and favourite reserve currency,comparing it with Bitcoin just makes you look foolish and as if you have no clue what you are talking about.

US Dollars are backed by this:

http://oddhammer.com/tutorials/debt_clock/US_debt_clock_dynamic.swf

• Like 2

Fiat currencies are by definition backed by absolutely bugger all apart from people's willingness to accept them as tender.

• Like 1

Fiat currencies are by definition backed by absolutely bugger all apart from people's willingness to accept them as tender.

No,they're backed by the US Govt & Federal Reserve,as stated before!rolleyes.gif

Which would you rather have your pension paid in,Bitcoin or US Dollars?whistling.gif

• Like 1

You noticeably ignored this part. No comment?

No,they're backed by the US Govt & Federal Reserve,as stated before!rolleyes.gif

Exactly...meaning the Fed can print (or digitally create) as many of them as they want.

Which would you rather have your pension paid in,Bitcoin or US Dollars?whistling.gif

Do you mean if you were to pay me my "pension" payment now in X bitcoins, or X USD (of current equal value).

Well seeing as 10,000USD will be worth 4,000USD in 30 years

Hm...I'll take some bitcoins please.

Edited by dave111223

Exactly...meaning the Fed can print (or digitally create) as many of them as they want.

>Which would you rather have your pension paid in,Bitcoin or US Dollars?whistling.gif

Do you mean if you were to pay me my "pension" payment now in X bitcoins, or X USD (of current equal value).

Well seeing as 10,000USD will be worth 4,000USD in 30 years

Hm...I'll take some bitcoins please.

So now Bitcoins are immune to inflation are they?Maybe you should be the first to inform Blackrock,George Soros' Soros Fund Management LLC & John Paulson of Paulson & Co.?

Three of the biggest hedge funds on the planet,I'm sure they'd pay you handsomely for your inflation-proof magic beans Bitcoins?Strange that they're not using them already though!whistling.gif

What colour are the moons on your planet by the way?

Backed with what?

I'm sorry but I really can't see the point of repeating myself again,if you think the USA will no longer be here in 10,20,30+ years time then you're a fool!

However,if you think Magic Beans Bitcoins will be,you're probably still wondering when your Sinclair C5 is going to fetch 7 figures at Sotheby's Auction House!rolleyes.gif

Backed with what?

I'm sorry but I really can't see the point of repeating myself again,if you think the USA will no longer be here in 10,20,30+ years time then you're a fool!

However,if you think Magic Beans Bitcoins will be,you're probably still wondering when your Sinclair C5 is going to fetch 7 figures at Sotheby's Auction House!rolleyes.gif

I am simply asking you this : what are the US government and / or the Federal Reserve Bank backing the US Dollar with?

So now Bitcoins are immune to inflation are they?Maybe you should be the first to inform Blackrock,George Soros' Soros Fund Management LLC & John Paulson of Paulson & Co.?

Three of the biggest hedge funds on the planet,I'm sure they'd pay you handsomely for your inflation-proof magic beans Bitcoins?Strange that they're not using them already though!whistling.gif

What colour are the moons on your planet by the way?

If you did even the slightest amount of research you'd see that Bitcoins have a fixed limit (21Million) no more than this can be created ever.

It is a deflationary currency; so yes it is by it's nature "inflation proof", as the money supply can never be inflated.

Backed with what?

I am simply asking you this : what are the US government and / or the Federal Reserve Bank backing the US Dollar with?

perhaps with bitcoins?

Backed with what?

Simple; you bring your Federal Reserve Note to the US government and they give you a bag of full faith.