It's Started Already

CRUNCHER

And the ones thinking this is the most exciting thing ever, is probably whiteskinned guys, weighing 120-150 kgs. Tattooed all over. And peasized brains!! As long as their teerak (longterm rent) is laughing, then it must be funny!! cheesy.gif

+ 1, thank god there are fewer morons every year....with the pound down they have to stay home.....good so....PF.

• Like 1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been from Khao Talo to BigC Pattaya Klang via Sukhumvit road and onto Makro and it is so quiet on the roads it is incredible.

BigC was quiet. Makro too.

Has everyone escaped Pattaya? laugh.png

I noticed the same last evening. Even at Pattaya Klang the coppers didn't succeed in creating a traffic jam between 5 and 7 pm, and that says something.

There is indeed a lot less traffic in Pattaya in the past 2 days, buses specifically.

That is the reason why I "ran away" to Malaysia on the 9th, too many crazy farangs in town just to cause havoc.

Every country has a festival of some kind but this is sheer madness.

"The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin"

"Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot.

He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Robin!

He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!

He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,

Or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken;

To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away;

And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin!

His head smashed in and his heart cut out

And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged

And his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off

And his pen..."

"Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away, away!

When danger reared its ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about

And gallantly he chickened out.

Bravely taking to his feet

He beat a very brave retreat,

Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!..."

"He is packing it in and packing it up

And sneaking away and buggering up

And chickening out and pissing off home,

Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge..."

Far too many words to read but I admire you for bothering to type it.

• Like 1

So that means Beach Road and probably soi 6 - 7 - 8 are water splashing area for the next week or so.

Thanks for the warning, time to get the cheap mobile phone out from storage and keep the expensive one at home.

What's so difficult about putting your phone in a ziplock bag if you're going into the water spraying zone?

So that means Beach Road and probably soi 6 - 7 - 8 are water splashing area for the next week or so.

Thanks for the warning, time to get the cheap mobile phone out from storage and keep the expensive one at home.

What's so difficult about putting your phone in a ziplock bag if you're going into the water spraying zone?

As someone said the other day, 7/11 are selling those waterproof bags you hang around your neck. I saw some, not sure if they are 59 or 69 Baht each.

Plenty of street sellers had them for sale on Beach road on Thursday night too.

We already have a pinned topic for this here - please continue the discussion there.

EDIT: The mod team have decided to reopen this topic, so that we have two topics running, in order to have the 2013 Pattaya Songkran FAQ for "formal" discussions, and leave this topic for general banter. Please keep Songkran discussions to these two topics. Your cooperation is as always appreciated.

• Like 1

quick update for Jomtien . Well, it's started but so far very low key and not so aggresive.

Mostly Thai kids doing the shooting from strategic locations by bars near beach Rd.

So it's not the "idiot Farangs" in Jomtien?

Well my missus just left and in her words 'go play water'. I said it's a bit early for that isn't it, why not wait until the 19th. She said and I quote 'why you not go buy vest, big leo and sit in bar and moan all day old man'

Should I...

A: Dump her.

B: Stop being so damn miserable and go and join in?

• Like 1

Well my missus just left and in her words 'go play water'. I said it's a bit early for that isn't it, why not wait until the 19th. She said and I quote 'why you not go buy vest, big leo and sit in bar and moan all day old man'

Should I...

C: Stop making up stories.

• Like 2

Should I...

C: Stop making up stories.

D. Buy vest, big leo and sit in bar and moan all day old man :)

• Like 1

Sukhumvit this afternoon, one black Toyota pick-up throwing water about as they drove along.

Pattaya Nua had a couple of farang adults children throwing water about at traffic..

Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Thai, Khao Talo all clear of early birds idiots throwing water.

Should I...

Wait until the 19th when it is all over?

I agree with C

And the ones thinking this is the most exciting thing ever, is probably whiteskinned guys, weighing 120-150 kgs. Tattooed all over. And peasized brains!! As long as their teerak (longterm rent) is laughing, then it must be funny!! cheesy.gif

you mean like thissmile.png

post-140396-0-12572900-1365847588_thumb.

• Like 1

Forget about it ending after dark. Tonight on a baht bus from Jomtien got hit four times. Between 9:30 and 10:00 ... P.M.

Was that in the area near Walking Street (lower Pratumnak Road)?

Forget about it ending after dark. Tonight on a baht bus from Jomtien got hit four times. Between 9:30 and 10:00 ... P.M.

Started about 3rd road and happened as far as Central Mall.

Started about 3rd road and happened as far as Central Mall.

OK, thanks for the update. 2nd Road is out then. I was thinking of taking a ride to Central earlier this evening - lucky I didn't.

10 ò clock tonight,walked down in Soi 15 from Avenu Shopping Centre,turned in to Second Road and walked down Soi Yamoto,made a pit stop and walked into WS.

Except from 1 guy pointing the water gun at me it was no activities.......nice thumbsup.gif !!!

SAWASDEE PEE MAI !!!!!! It's so nice to see the Thai's so happy. After all it is their traditional New Years and they are on Holiday.

I understand people not liking the Pattaya Clown Farangs being crazy and neither do I however to the people who come on here bashing it all please just stay out of it and let the Thai's enjoy their new years. After all you are in Thailand.

SSCC, just a few kids with squirt guns so far. Nothing to avoid really.