Tickets To Philippines Are So Expensive. How Do I Find The Cheap Ones?

Bezpoleznyak

I have to leave Thailand (from Bangkok) for Philippines within about 2-3 weeks starting yesterday. I've been doing search for a ticket to Philippines, probably airport of Clark or Manila, and found that they were too expensive. The most cheapest ones were around 4.000 baht and it was the final price which included all fees. I considered Cebu Pacific, Tiger and AirAsia. Tiger turned to have the cheapest tickets. Cebu Pacific was a little bit expensive.

It turned out that tickets from AirAsia were about 8 000 baht which is terrible! It's a low cost company! Why do they so expensive? Is there any secret to find the cheap tickets? Where are the flights for 500-1000 baht?

For example, it found a few tickets from Philippines to other countries for about 500-700 baht.

Well, there are cheap tickets to Philippines but the flight date is about half year from now on.

Edited by Bezpoleznyak

I think you have answered your own question...

Well, there are cheap tickets to Philippines but the flight date is about half year from now on.

Low Cost Carriers work on selling a few cheap seats, months ahead of the flight, and then jacking up the price in increments as the departure date approaches. If you are trying to get a flight 2 weeks out - chances are the cheaper seats are already booked, and the remaining seats are more expensive.

Seats of 500-1,000 baht? Promotional fares - you have to be lucky.

Problem is that people who don't travel often (or don't use LCC's often) - see these occasional ridiculous promotional fares, and then assume that every seat on every LCC flight must also be ridiculously cheap. Doesn't work like that.,

You mentioned you found a 4000 baht fare (inclusive). All things considered (2 weeks away from now) - that is a pretty good deal. Its what - $135??

$135 for a flight from Thailand to the Philippines, everything included - is still a great deal.

I'd grab it at this late stage - chances are that price will rise if you don't book it soon.

• Like 2

If you think that is expensive try getting a flight from Oz to Phillo. A mate of mine has started going there instead of LOS and direct flights are in the $1200 AUD + price range for Qantas or Phillipines Air. Even Air Asia is about a $1000 AUD but you do get the lack of service and the long waits at KL thrown in for free.

In the time it took you to post & wait for a reply on TV, chances are the 4000 baht seats are already sold. You have to move fast when you see a good price. I don't see why you think that 4000 baht, all inclusive, is too expensive. Seems like a good deal to me.

If you are not trolling, and you legitimately think 4000 Baht is expensive for this ticket according to your budget maybe it is a good time to seriously take-stock in your current financial situation. Traveling into non-developed countries on a shoe-string budget is a potential disaster in the making.

• Like 1

I want to fly from Bangkok to Clark about June for 4 or 5 days, I can be flexible. For cheapest fares, should I go to a travel agent, book online, or book at Don Muang airport? Also should I buy a single each way or return?

I think you have answered your own question...

Low Cost Carriers work on selling a few cheap seats, months ahead of the flight, and then jacking up the price in increments as the departure date approaches. If you are trying to get a flight 2 weeks out - chances are the cheaper seats are already booked, and the remaining seats are more expensive.

Seats of 500-1,000 baht? Promotional fares - you have to be lucky.

Problem is that people who don't travel often (or don't use LCC's often) - see these occasional ridiculous promotional fares, and then assume that every seat on every LCC flight must also be ridiculously cheap. Doesn't work like that.,

You mentioned you found a 4000 baht fare (inclusive). All things considered (2 weeks away from now) - that is a pretty good deal. Its what - $135??

$135 for a flight from Thailand to the Philippines, everything included - is still a great deal.

I'd grab it at this late stage - chances are that price will rise if you don't book it soon.

Agree with Seavisions.....it don't get much cheaper than that. I was paying $350 for BKK/MNL/BKK 10 years ago on Kuwait airlines. Don't wait or the price will go up more.

Bezpoleznyak:

4000 baht is VERY cheap for this route! You should have bought it.

The price that Air Asia quoted is expensive considering who they are. I've flown to Manila on Philippines Airlines (PAL) for 7000 baht round trip.

They are a great airline despite the bad reputation they have. I'll take them over Air Asia any day.

That 8000 baht price that Air Asia is quoting you is the same price as Thai Airways. Anyone in their right mind will take Thai Airways over Air Asia.

Price between Bangkok and Manila usually run about 10,000 baht.

I just checked cebupacific and you can fly BKK Clark with 20 kg of baggage on Saturday 12th May one way for 4000 THB.....cheap as chips. It will take at least 2 hours to get in to Manila by road and you'll be arriving at Clark after midnight so you'll probably have to spend a night there.This will increase your costs as you'll need to get ground transportation to a hotel, probably a taxi...and then you'll need to get to the Manila bus....all little costs.

I think the cheapest fares are generally to be found online; I usually fly cebupacific and keep a regular look out for their promo fares but as has been said you have to move quickly once you've seen a good price.....