Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

Police: They've "shot the boat up" lots of blood.

Not true. The police scanner says differently. The updates which have now been deleted on this forum. The reason I was posting was to avoid speculation like this. I've been listening for the past 30 minutes.

Edited by geriatrickid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two Chechen brothers (Radical Islamist - Jihadies) who are strongly believed to have been the Boston Marathon bombers have been subdued. The oldest brother age 26 or so was killed last evening in Watertown in a massive bomb and gun firefight. The youngest brother is wounded is now pinned down inside a parked boat in a residential back yard. He is reported to be moving but surrounded. Robots have been dispatched to check for bombs. After a bomb check the cops will move to capture him ... 7:31 p.m. EST USA.

It is now a strange sort of stand off... The suspect is still in the boat in the back yard of a house in Watertown. He is thought to be wounded - blood had been spotted. It is reported he has refused to surrender. A robot is entering the area now. I can't see how this will go on much longer ... 07:48 P.M. EST (19:48)

New Shots fired 07:51 p.m. EST 19:51 up to 8 shots ... the reports of shots fired have been changed to shorts fired and flash bangs or perhaps the robot set of planted explosives... 19:56 EST

Background reporting ... many explosions earlier - 30 minutes ago - 15 to 20 plus as many shots fired ... Last Night at the FireFight suspect #1 (older brother) was found with an IED strapped to his body... Also the police found another Pressure Cooker Bomb last night in WaterTown... so they are concerned that suspect #2 (younger brother) could have an IED strapped to him as well .... 20:10 hours EST

Not according to the police reports from the scanner.

Police say this is the 2nd suspect.

Given the first suspect was killed earlier - I'm not surprised.

No, I mean they say it isn't another 3rd party, but it is the suspect. He's in a boat in a backyard, maybe dead.

Not dead. Alive and moving according to Police scanner.

If captured alive, how will he be treated?

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested Friday afternoon that Dzhokhar A.
Tsarnaev, the at-large suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing, be held
as an “enemy combatant” and not read his Miranda rights.

That means he won't be able to remain silent. He's wanted alive for information. Not because he's loved.

That means he won't be able to remain silent. He's wanted alive for information. Not because he's loved.

Highly unlikely he is alive. Even ABC is reporting he is likely dead. Boat is described as littered with bullet holes, blood everywhere.

Police chatter is to watch their mics and radios as everything is open. Police are bing told to observe radio silence. The media is swarming the area and

Highly unlikely he is alive. Even ABC is reporting he is likely dead. Boat is described as littered with bullet holes, blood everywhere.

Stop that. The police scanner is very different. The boat is lit up. Suspect has movement

Police chatter is to watch their mics and radios as everything is open. Police are bing told to observe radio silence. The media is swarming the area and

Stop that. The police scanner is very different. The boat is lit up. Suspect has movement

I stopped listening to the scanner because they said they would switching frequencies or downlink due to concerns we were all listening. wink.png

Sen graham has no regard for the US constitution. Disgiusting statement. The alleged suspect is a US citizen. He cannot be stripped of his legal rights. Even if he wasn't. Grahams comments betray and absolute facist sentiment. The man has no place as a sworn guardian of the US constitution.

• Like 1

I stopped listening to the scanner because they said they would switching frequencies or downlink due to concerns we were all listening. wink.png

I have complete access. They merely told the helicopter to stop downloading uncoded info as it was ending up on the internet. Enough info is given to provide a clear picture of activity. The info is very different than the news report feeds I have coming in on my other links.

They want to keep him alive to question him, but he has been a naturalized U.S. citizen for several months and has been in America long enough to know that he does not have to speak. Lawyers will be waiting in line to represent him. What are the chances of getting anything out of him before he lawyers up?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sen graham has no regard for the US constitution. Disgiusting statement. The alleged suspect is a US citizen. He cannot be stripped of his legal rights. Even if he wasn't. Grahams comments betray and absolute facist sentiment. The man has no place as a sworn guardian of the US constitution.

I didn't hear that he was a citizen. Who knows with early reports, but it was said he had permanent residence.

A foreigner launching an attack on US soil is an enemy combatant and Graham would be right.

They want to keep him alive to question him, but he ha been a naturalized U.S. citizen for several months and has been in America long enough to know that he does not have to speak. Lawyers will be waiting in line to represent him. What are the chances of getting anything out of him before he lawyers up?

That's right, and moreover, teams of lawyers can make a career out of representing a infamous defendant such as this. Messy if he's captured alive. Cleaner if he's dead.

• Like 2

They want to keep him alive to question him, but he ha been a naturalized U.S. citizen for several months and has been in America long enough to know that he does not have to speak. Lawyers will be waiting in line to represent him. What are the chances of getting anything out of him before he lawyers up?

If he is captured alive, this will be a political issue. It is currently legal if debatably unconstitutional not to read such a terrorist his Miranda rights.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I didn't hear that he was a citizen. Who knows with early reports, but it was said he had permanent residence.

A foreigner launching an attack on US soil is an enemy combatant and Graham would be right.

It is confirmed that yes he is a citizen as of September 11, 2012.

If he is captured alive, this will be a political issue. It is currently legal if debatably unconstitutional not to read such a terrorist his Miranda rights.

One thing is for sure. This WILL NOT create a political incident with Russia again. Russia gov't is a happy camper now.

Sorry, apparently you are right. ABC at least says he gained citizenship.

This murderer has only been a U.S. citizen for a few months. If it is legal to try him as an enemy combatant - and it might be - Graham has a point. No one is going to get anything out of him if he is lawyered up and there may be other terrorists that helped him still in place and planning more carnage.

One 19 year-old has closed down an entire city. People told to stay indoors, no taxis, no mass transit, all schools and universities closed, businesses closed. Everybody told to hole up. All done to the backdrop of continuous, non-stop news coverage. What would happen if a handful of these terrorists decided to spread out and pull an attack in several cities at once? Would everybody and everything in America come to a stop? Boston may have just given a new template for a new generation of terrorists. Suicide vests = no coats. Shoe bombers = no shoes. Underwear bomber = no underwear. And now backpack bombers = no backpack. Pretty soon, the entire country will be stripped naked and sit quivering in their houses. It just gets worse and worse.

Better a cloak of silence than face up to the elephant in the room, hence insanity, distant ethnic conflicts, and sundry other red herrings are preferable to considering motivation by a shared ideology.

TO: geriatrickid ...

I'm listening to TV reporters on various channels - sorry scanners don't report everything especially what happened almost 24 hours ago ... The reporters are giving background info - not always second by second as a scanner does. Also - I have heard the report twice now from two different reporters. So - please reconsider correcting other people based upon Scanner Reports which can be very incomplete ...

The purpose of having so many people report on this event using different sources is to get a broad picture of what is going on. Self - Appointed authorities like you are just a pain in the backside... <deleted>.

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 2

They clearly got infected with Al Queda style ideology. Chechen people generally have no beef with the USA, but rather with Russia. I don't see this as any kind of new threat to the USA specifically from Chechen terrorists. They are just the usual terrorists who happen to be Chechen.

• Like 2

They clearly got infected with Al Queda style ideology. Chechen people generally have no beef with the USA, but rather with Russia. I don't see this as any kind of new threat to the USA specifically from Chechen terrorists. They are just the usual terrorists who happen to be Chechen.

Their motivations are that they are Radical Islamist Jihadies ... it is all over their Facebook pages, and their youtube pages, The FBI interviewed the older brother two years ago based on allegations of being radical Islamic terrorists ... they have professed hatred towards Western society... What else do you want?

• Like 1

Their motivations are that they are Radical Islamist Jihadies ... it is all over their Facebook pages, and their youtube pages, The FBI interviewed the older brother two years ago based on allegations of being radical Islamic terrorists ... they have professed hatred towards Western society... What else do you want?

That was at the request of a foreign government

TO: geriatrickid ...

I'm listening to TV reporters on various channels - sorry scanners don't report everything especially what happened almost 24 hours ago ... The reporters are giving background info - not always second by second as a scanner does. Also - I have heard the report twice now from two different reporters. So - please reconsider correcting other people based upon Scanner Reports which can be very incomplete ...

The purpose of having so many people report on this event using different sources is to get a broad picture of what is going on. Self - Appointed authorities like you are just a pain in the backside... <deleted>.

Rubbish. The scanners were providing live up to date activity. The info flow was amazingly detailed right down to coordination and activities. While the news reports were rehashing old outdated info, the event was playing out live on the watertown police radio as instructions were given and detailed info passed back to units. Including I like my facts from the source, not edited down or filtered by news reporters who often sanitize events so as to not offend the audience or worse, allow their own bias to intervene.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1