Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would caution everyone that this is real time data. Second hand, and third hand realtime data at that.

just catch the damn bastards.

PS, I did notice that Boston Police did not hesitate in engaging theses guys

The suspects would have fared better if the FBI had engaged them first.whistling.gif

Apparently not going down without a fight. The dead one had a bomb strapped to himself.

Which was said by me a few pages back.

The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber called on his son today to give up peacefully, but warned the U.S. that if his son is killed "all hell will break loose."

His son is suspected of killing 4 people, maiming scores of others, and he makes this kind of a threat. Well I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. blink.png

• Like 2

Don't attach too much value to being a Muslim from the Caucasus. That's a snake pit far worse than Yugoslavia, with way more different peoples and tribes. Religion is only one of many, and not the most important source of grievances. The hegemony of the Russians is. And if they were not there, they would simply continue to kill each other. I was in Sochi and Suchumi during the first Abkhasian war in 1989, which wasn't about Islam at all. At the same time 1,000 miles further east, war between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Ones of those are Muslims, but their war wasn't about religion either.

Caucasus_ethnic.jpg

Someone mentioned earlier about how social media excels the mainstream media in breaking the news. Well its really easy when FB and Twitter have no checks and balances

Edited by Mosha

The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber called on his son today to give up peacefully, but warned the U.S. that if his son is killed "all hell will break loose."

His son is suspected of killing 4 people, maiming scores of others, and he makes this kind of a threat. Well I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. blink.png

All hell will break loose all right. I still say this will go on for at least ten years, tracking down all who were involved in and their top leaders wherever they are.

If that father wants to be another casualty, there are many who will accommodate him.

UPDATE

Surveillance Video Related to Boston Bombings

Suspects (FBI posters)

-- FBI 2013-04-19

Great work by the Feds. Won't be long before they are taken down, just hope they didn't have a flight out somewhere as they knew they would be on camera.

Identification and apprehension are quite different matters. I'd be willing to bet they will probably catch those guys, but "won't be long"? I'm less sure.

Think Ramzi Yousef (WTC) or Mir Kazi (Langley). The feds knew who they were but it took years (and some international work) to get them.

Or that tall guy SEAL Team 6 drilled in Abbottobad (what was his name again?)....took a while to get him.

Three days in this instance.

As Pres Obama said at the interfaith service, they picked the wrong city. The president spent his three years in law school there, as he said, "across the river" (from the Boston church).

OK. I have a serious question. Is the living suspect a U.S. citizen or not? If he is not a U.S. citizen and he is arrested alive does he get treated Gitmo style as an enemy combatant in the terror war? Obviously if he is a citizen he gets a normal criminal trial.

Anyone arrested on US soil gets all of the rights, regardless of citizenship. This is why bg's captured overseas were taken to Gitmo. Gitmo isn't US soil and they weren't captured on US soil. Under those circumstances they are subject only to the military as prisoners of war.

If all of those detained at Gitmo had be brought to the US, they would immediately have gained all civilian rights, and the massive costs and dangers of US civilian criminal court trials would have come into play.

The US rightly feared terrorist attacks and ugly protests happening around the courthouses.

This is seen by some left wing crybabies as one of the biggest failures of the Obama administration. He had campaigned on a promise to close Gitmo, but when push came to shove, even he couldn't do it.

"It also recalls one of the largest failures of President Obama’s presidency: His unfulfilled promise as a candidate in 2008 to close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay." Link.

Which of course is a matter of opinion. Others believe that those prisoners are prisoners of war and subject to the military. Obama simply saw the light and once he became the Commander In Chief and shouldered the actual responsibility, he rightfully backed off.

Citizen or no, if this second guy is captured on US soil, he has all of the rights a citizen would in the legal system.

• Like 1

UPDATE

Suspects (FBI posters)

-- FBI 2013-04-19

Great work by the Feds. Won't be long before they are taken down, just hope they didn't have a flight out somewhere as they knew they would be on camera.

Identification and apprehension are quite different matters. I'd be willing to bet they will probably catch those guys, but "won't be long"? I'm less sure.

Think Ramzi Yousef (WTC) or Mir Kazi (Langley). The feds knew who they were but it took years (and some international work) to get them.

Or that tall guy SEAL Team 6 drilled in Abbottobad (what was his name again?)....took a while to get him.

As Pres Obama said at the interfaith service, they picked the wrong city. The president spent his three years in law school there, as he said, "across the river" (from the Boston church).

Yes, 3 days in this instance. Earlier in the thread I said I was inclined to think they'd solve the case quickly and in the post you quote I merely pointed out that, knowing what we knew then, it was by no means sure they'd get caught quickly.

And please, don't be ridiculous. It had nothing to do with the city. The speed at which they caught one of them (so far) has to be down to a few things (a certain amount of luck? some incompetence or brazenness on the part of the brothers? the hard and unrelenting work of law enforcement, social media, etc) but none of them having anything to do with where Pres. Obama went to law school. (And if these guys had done things differently and/or had the proper support, it could have taken a lot longer).

Here is another serious question. IF the perp turned himself in now peacefully without murdering anyone new and then claimed some kind of psychological abuse defense blaming it all on the obviously more hard core older brother, is there ANY chance he could avoid being executed?

Turns out now the live guy is a sophomore at my undergrad university. Friends say he never talked Russia or Chechnya.

Bombing suspect attended UMass Dartmouth, prompting school closure; college friend shocked by charge he is Boston Marathon bomber

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/19/bombing-suspect-attended-umass-dartmouth-prompting-school-closure-college-friend-shocked-charge-boston-marathon-bomber/YcEDA5nvNDi0T1jJTNjKiP/story.html

• Like 1

Here is another serious question. IF the perp turned himself in now peacefully without murdering anyone new and then claimed some kind of psychological abuse defense blaming it all on the obviously more hard core older brother, is there ANY chance he could avoid being executed?

In my opinion, in those circumstance or perhaps others, it is possible he would not get the death penalty.

Edited by SteeleJoe

UPDATE

Suspects (FBI posters)

-- FBI 2013-04-19

Yes, 3 days in this instance. Earlier in the thread I said I was inclined to think they'd solve the case quickly and in the post you quote I merely pointed out that, knowing what we knew then, it was by no means sure they'd get caught quickly.

And please, don't be ridiculous. It had nothing to do with the city. The speed at which they caught one of them (so far) has to be down to a few things (a certain amount of luck? some incompetence or brazenness on the part of the brothers? the hard and unrelenting work of law enforcement, social media, etc) but none of them having anything to do with where Pres. Obama went to law school. (And if these guys had done things differently and/or had the proper support, it could have taken a lot longer).

The city and the event had everything to do with it.

In my opinion, in those circumstance or perhaps others, it is possible he would not get the death penalty.

That's interesting. I don't see it though. His actions these past few days are behind any forgiveness. He basically would need some kind of insanity defense. I don't see how that could work.

Edited by Jingthing

It turns out our fugitive became an American citizen on September 11, 2012. coffee1.gif

Younger brother? So he is an American after all.

What about older brother, he wanted to become American too and disliked his Russian citizenship.

That's interesting. I don't see it though. His actions these past few days are behind any forgiveness. He basically would need some kind of insanity defense. I don't see how that could work.

And wonder where he would be tried as it is going to be difficult to find 12 unbiased jurors in the local jurisdiction. I think in many cases like this the trials are moved to another district, 'change of venue' as it is called.

It turns out our fugitive became an American citizen on September 11, 2012. coffee1.gif

What about older brother, he wanted to become American too and disliked his Russian citizenship.

His older brother turned out to be a dedicated Jihadist terrorist. Who cares what he wanted to be? I think the living fugitive probably wasn't as dedicated but it's a bit late for him too.

BTW, these terrorists want U.S. citizenship because it makes it easier for them to travel to their terror training camps abroad.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The insanity defense rarely works. Carried to the extreme, it could be said that every criminal is "insane."

The accused has to prove that he didn't know what he was doing, or that it was illegal and wrong. That kind of insane. It very rarely is ever the case.

Even if he skated with the insanity defense, they can still lock him up for life out of reach of the general population, and in a prison. The verdict in that case would probably be "guilty but insane."

It won't happen. He knew damn well what he was doing, and that it was a crime. He was sneaking to perform the crime, and now running, and having a gun battle. That's not someone who's so insane he doesn't know he did anything wrong.

And wonder where he would be tried as it is going to be difficult to find 12 unbiased jurors in the local jurisdiction. I think in many cases like this the trials are moved to another district, 'change of venue' as it is called.

It would be hard to get an unbiased jury anywhere in the US. I don't actually believe he will ever go to trial, if you get my meaning.

Someone mentioned earlier about how social media excels the mainstream media in breaking the news. Well its really easy when FB and Twitter have no checks and balances

Social media generally now excels other media sources and is followed up but general media. Social media is also a lot more powerful (right or wrong) than the old fashioned press. Just my opinion.

His son is suspected of killing 4 people, maiming scores of others, and he makes this kind of a threat. Well I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

All hell will break loose all right. I still say this will go on for at least ten years, tracking down all who were involved in and their top leaders wherever they are.

If that father wants to be another casualty, there are many who will accommodate him.

The first time you made this assumption I decided not to comment but this is the second time - do you know something I don't? What reason do we have to assume that they are not self-radicalized pair of siblings fumbling with homemade explosives and attempted convenience store robberies but rather have an extended group of accomplices and "top leaders"?

Who's talking about forgiveness?! I just don't assume the death penalty is a foregone conclusion. To not get one wouldn't necessitate anyone forgiving him.

His older brother turned out to be a dedicated Jihadist terrorist. Who cares what he wanted to be? I think the living fugitive probably wasn't as dedicated but it's a bit late for him too.
did he made a Jihadist terror statement or how you know?

did he made a Jihadist terror statement or how you know?

His actions speak volumes.

He was watching Jihadist videos (they know that already). He had become hard core religious. He then became a terrorist. Do the math, brother.

There is some suspicion he traveled abroad for terror training but they don't know yet.

Edited by Jingthing

Because this is widespread news, and affects every American to the core of his soul, it will be almost impossible to find another venue.

The change of venue would almost have to be outside of the US and of course that isn't going to happen.

As an aside, there are some people who don't want this guy captured alive, to put the people and the system through years of legal wrangling. It is common knowledge that the US has changed its policy on terrorists since 9/11, and will now use drones and special ops and other means to hunt down and kill terrorists anywhere, any time they get the chance.

Of course if this guy comes out with his hands up, and will stop and strip to prove he doesn't have a bomb, he will be taken alive. Otherwise he is road kill.

The US has no tolerance for this chit, and rightfully so. There has already been one police officer shot and killed and another person seriously wounded in this hunt, after the bombings.