Bangkok School Of Management - Education Question

TehBen

I have been looking at enrolling in an international course and the BSM school caught my eye. What is troubling me, however, is that I have as yet been unable to find any neutral reviews on the school by anyone who has completed a course there.

On their site they claim accreditation from the University of East London Global Examinations Board. However, when I Google'd this examinations board, I am led to a site claiming that the board has ceased trading (http://www.uelglobalexams.com/), though other research suggests that they are a group owned by the University of East London.

They claim to offer a particular course I am interested in in conjunction with Northumbria University in the UK, though on the Northumbria University website, it has no information (that I can find) confirming this; but it sounds like a bold statement to make if it isn't true.

Does anyone know anything about this University or have heard anything in the past?

Depends on your goals, it isn't in the top tier of tertiary international programs here, and believe me that's not saying much.

If you want credibility from the sheepskin within the international job market, then **only** the one you get from the "partner school" will count, not the Thai one - one exception being Chula's Sasin Institute.

Most of these "dual degree" programs require you to put in some time at the sister school overseas, but not all.

The Dept of Export Promotion recently held an International Education expo, see if you can get a hold of the catalog from that and use that as the basis for further research.

Note you won't find any objective reviews online or any other public sources, since speaking honestly about consumer information is illegal in the kingdom, and the education industry is very quick to defends its so-called reputation.

But generally speaking 95% of them are useless and 80%+ outright scams IMO.