Renting Big Bikes In Chiang Mai - 8 Miles From Home

8 Miles from Home Episode 12

My Big brother, some Big Bikes (and a Zoomer) and 2 Days of action packed riding around Chiang Mai

To find out more about us visit 8milesfromhome.com

Video Description:

Renting Big Bikes in Chiang Mai is something we have wanted to do for a while. So when J's older brother said he was coming to North Thailand for 2 days, it was time to go for it.

8 miles from home episode 12 is what happened during those adrenaline fueled days. We took a Honda CBR 500, 3 Honda CRF 250's and a Honda Zoomer and set off to show our guests some of the beauty of Chiang Mai. Visiting the famous Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Singh, Mae Ya Waterfall & the highest point in Thailand on Doi Inthanon. Stopping at Mae Kuang Dam for a photo shoot before heading over the Highway 118 mountain pass to visit 'coffee view cafe' for a sunset dinner.
Omar El-haj, Sam Brignell, Jude Flanders and Amanda Trefry really embraced the biking spirit and as a result had an epic adventure here on Thai soil.
Watch it, Love it, Share it!
NORTH THAILAND RULES!
Follow us on facebook: facebook.com/8milesfromhome
  • Like 2

OP.....what are you up to? Too much posing. sad.png

You should have an epilepsy warning on the vid too, too many rapid cut away shots and the music was grating. You had a chance to make a vid full of content on one of the greatest biking areas in the World and you missed it.

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

• Like 2

You should have an epilepsy warning on the vid too, too many rapid cut away shots and the music was grating. You had a chance to make a vid full of content on one of the greatest biking areas in the World and you missed it.

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

I have been following this couple for a while and I think they put out great stuff and always look forward to their out put. But than again I am no expert like theblether so maybe you can share some of your work with us but than again maybe you are a key board warrior or a troll or maybe just lonely rolleyes.gif . But 8 Miles from home keep up the good work and never mind the juvenile criticism,already looking forward to episode 13.

Edited by blowin

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

I have been following this couple for a while and I think they put out great stuff and always look forward to their out put. But than again I am no expert like theblether so maybe you can share some of your work with us but than again maybe you are a key board warrior or a troll or maybe just lonely rolleyes.gif . But 8 Miles from home keep up the good work and never mind the juvenile criticism,already looking forward to episode 13.

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

Pathetic.

I have also enjoyed a lot of their work, this was not a good effort in my opinion. When I saw the title I was looking forward to the clip, it wasn't up to the standard I expect from 8 mile, the content was poor. My critique stands.

Incidentally, when you make a clown out of yourself, try not to do it on a public forum. It's really embarrassing for you. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

A couple of years ago spent 14/15 days going around the area on bikes, (smallest one was a really nice CB750), with a few mates. Found some really nice little hotels and some really nice biking roads and some really nice Thai people.

I expected to watch the vid and see again some of the places we visited, but all that sticks in my mind from it is the non-stop posing and a few scenes of people sitting on bikes with a 'look at me' expression and some overtaking crossing double lines in the middle of the road.

Maybe 8 miles has made some good vids, but for me , this is not one of them.

Please don't assume that people who post on here are all jaded old gits who haven't been anywhere.

• Like 2

Honda 250 and Honda Zoomer are not big bikes. Furthermore, Thailand is a very dangerous country to drive a motorbike. High deathtoll every year, about 7000 killed in road accidents, nearly 50% motorbike drivers.

Sad negative wan*ker. That's why we come here. Die with your boots on.

• Like 1

Honda 250 and Honda Zoomer are not big bikes. Furthermore, Thailand is a very dangerous country to drive a motorbike. High deathtoll every year, about 7000 killed in road accidents, nearly 50% motorbike drivers.

Sad negative wan*ker. That's why we come here. Die with your boots on.

ouch.

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

Pathetic.

I have also enjoyed a lot of their work, this was not a good effort in my opinion. When I saw the title I was looking forward to the clip, it wasn't up to the standard I expect from 8 mile, the content was poor. My critique stands.

Incidentally, when you make a clown out of yourself, try not to do it on a public forum. It's really embarrassing for you. coffee1.gif

So good that you even quoted me twice thank you. Maybe you are right that I am a clown I do remember a teacher calling me one about 30 + years ago so maybe your onto some thing there but don't worry I am not embarrassed LOL. But I still feel your "critique " as you call it is over the top. These are a young amateur couple who or not being payed sharing their talents with the world and deserve praise but when they start charging for view than maybe your "critique " will be valuable.Peace

I'm disappointed.

Sorry sad.pngsad.png

Pathetic.

So good that you even quoted me twice thank you. Maybe you are right that I am a clown I do remember a teacher calling me one about 30 + years ago so maybe your onto some thing there but don't worry I am not embarrassed LOL. But I still feel your "critique " as you call it is over the top. These are a young amateur couple who or not being payed sharing their talents with the world and deserve praise but when they start charging for view than maybe your "critique " will be valuable.Peace

They'll only get better by constructive criticism. It's how most of us got better in life. They went on one of the best bike rides in the World and delivered this, a serious disappointment.

ps....re being a clown, at least your consistent. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Ok, I'll bite.

Firstly the CBR 500 rang alarm bells?? That's news to me there is even such a bike. 250 yes, 400 yes, 600 yes etc

Looks like you got the wool pulled over your eyes if you paid more than what a 250CBR would of costed to rent. Yes I can see it has the decal CBR 500 but that engine sound is no way more than 250 wink.png

Overall my impression of it was 'Liberal Hipsters posing on Tour and acting like SQUIDS' (you can google that).

No long-sleeved gear, no decent helmets (those things you had on would of shattered like eggshells in an accident).

Music was ok but the jerky camera moves weren't.

Try a REAL tour all the way down to Bangkok from Chiang Mai on a motorbike then you can start bragging about it. A little day-trip to a nearby temple is barely a drop in the ocean.

Edited by JimsKnight
  • Like 1

Ok, I'll bite.

Firstly the CBR 500 rang alarm bells?? That's news to me there is even such a bike. 250 yes, 400 yes, 600 yes etc

Looks like you got the wool pulled over your eyes if you paid more than what a 250CBR would of costed to rent. Yes I can see it has the decal CBR 500 but that engine sound is no way more than 250 wink.png

Overall my impression of it was 'Liberal Hipsters posing on Tour and acting like SQUIDS' (you can google that).

No long-sleeved gear, no decent helmets (those things you had on would of shattered like eggshells in an accident).

Try a REAL tour all the way down to Bangkok from Chiang Mai on a motorbike then you can start bragging about it. A little day-trip to a nearby temple is barely a drop in the ocean.

Wot, No posing or look at me photossmile.png Some nice photographs and at least with that you get a good idea of the different views of Thailand. Biggest problem is forgetting you're in Thailand and trying to keep it slow on some of those roads.biggrin.png

• Like 1

I wouldn't say you've done a lot up here? Do you really think that?

Sensational video and production and great that you and you brother had a blast. CM riding is certainly fantastic. How did you find the cbr500.

Dont worry about negative comments you get on this forum.. generally allot of armchair experts and 'In my day, when I was a lad" folks lurk here....

Ive done allot of riding up that way and allot of the spots you visited are just great to get too... the coffee shop on the 118 serves great iced coffees doesnt it.

You might like to post your work on www.gt-rider.com. Great site, I have no affiliation with it other than its a real resource for anyone interested in Northern Thailand biking.....by far the best site for this type of work and story

Great job once again and thansk for sharing

Ok, I'll bite.

Your joking right?

The CBR500 & the F & the X has been around awhile now

Yeah nothing to write home about but it is more than a decal.

Maybe you have not noticed as they are only sold at Big wings not small dealers that sell

all the others, Clicks, Waves,CRF,CBR250 etc.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the video, taking it for what it is -- documenting 2 brothers & their friends having a good time tooling around Northern Thailand. Ok, big bikes is way off but if you can forget the title, the video was well-edited & engaging.

As far as Jim's video, sure the trip (CM to BKK) is great but the video is amateur. It's basically a PowerPoint slide show. I think the point here is not comparing road trips, but comparing production values. A CM overnight trip will never win any Great Adventure awards but the vid was cool. Anyway, you get what you paid for. I welcome Blether to post his best editing effort & then we'll compare.

Ok, I'll bite.

You bite but make sure you can swallow. CBR 500 series have been around, i think you need some help pulling those wool off your eyes. whistling.gif

Google CBR 500 .

Ok, I'll bite.

Wot, No posing or look at me photossmile.png Some nice photographs and at least with that you get a good idea of the different views of Thailand. Biggest problem is forgetting you're in Thailand and trying to keep it slow on some of those roads.biggrin.png

These guys are hoping one day to maybe land a photogrophy I think, or possibly even production or something media related, as I remember. They use these videos as a tool to learn there craft whilst also recording the adventures here, hence all the angles and trickery. I can only say that I watched there video, and thought it was great... I then watched yours and almost fell asleep.

Whenever I watch there videos I always have an urge to visit the place they are recording so they are definatley doing something right.