Multiple Entry From Multiple Countries Question

Hello, I am a 29 year old, US citizen. I'm wondering if I will have to get a 60 day visa before arrival or if the visas I get at customs through air and land entry will be enough. I arrive in Bangkok on May 30th and plan to get the 30 day tourist visa. I plan to leave for Myanmar around July 17th and return after the visa has expired. I'll fly back into Bangkok and spend one night and then fly to Vietnam and re-enter Thailand from Cambodia about 2 weeks later. When I land in Bangkok for the night from Myanmar, will I be issued another 30 day visa, and if so, will everything be alright when I re-enter two weeks later from Cambodia? Or will it be better to get a 60 day visa?

Thank you

Your first stint in Thailand (May30th - July 17th) is more than 30 days, you need a visa, a single entry Tourist Visa should do.

Without a visa air arrivals get a 30 day visa exemption, land arrivals 15 days. There is currently no restriction on how many visa exemptions you can get.

As said your first entry should be with a tourist visa or you may have to buy an exit ticket within 30 days or entry to be allowed to board aircraft. If you can not do that arrive with enough extra time to obtain a refundable or throw-away ticket. The requirement for the 30 day visa exempt entry is officially onward ticket before that time expires and airlines can be strict on that.

bullduram52, if you haven't already, you will need to get a visa in advance, online to enter Vietnam. Or as a Canadian I had too.

If travelling by air (coming back from Myanmar and Cambodia) you will receive a 30 day stamp each time. Did a similar trip, but went to Laos rather than Myanmar, so not sure what you need to enter there. You should have no issues, as long as you don't overstay more then 30 days between entering and departing.

Thank you. So if I show the customs officer when I first arrive in Bangkok that airline tickets to other countries, I can be issued a 30 day exemption that I can renew later, even though my Bangkok airline ticket shows that I will not depart for 50 days?

Also, can I do multiple entries with the 30 day exemption?

Thank you. So if I show the customs officer when I first arrive in Bangkok that airline tickets to other countries, I can be issued a 30 day exemption that I can renew later, even though my Bangkok airline ticket shows that I will not depart for 50 days?

Also, can I do multiple entries with the 30 day exemption?

You will not have to show the customs officer your ticket, nor will you have to show it to immigration.

Immigration will leave it up to the airline to check, so at check-in with the airline you show the ticket out of Thailand within 30 days of arrival if questioned.