White Stainless Steel Covers - For Kid's Teeth

Dorkers

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of any dentists in Patts that do white stainless steel covers for kids teeth.

Silver ones are quite common and do the job, but appearance wise I think there would be benefits in getting a white one for a youngster.

Thanks in advance

I have been around the block on this one. Originally child's chipped front tooth was sort of filled in with a white sort of epoxy I guess. It cost about Baht2000 as I remember, it was replaced twice as it broke off, I was warned,

Next visit I mentioned to the dentist it was becoming tedious to cotinually be getting replacements, not to mention the distress of the child.

She suggested the metal "covers", thinking they might be silver I was concerned I was looking at Baht10,000, bill was Baht800 stainless steel..

Mother's reaction "mai suai", not a word of thanks.

This was at Phyathai near Phyathai BTS, but I believe same near Pattaya.

Really to answer your question, NO white "covers"

Edited by corkythecat

Originally child's chipped front tooth was sort of filled in with a white sort of epoxy I guess. It cost about Baht2000 as I remember, it was replaced twice as it broke off, I was warned,...

Half of one of my side teeth broke off when I bit on a very crusty slice of fresh farmhouse bread. My dentist in Europe rebuilt it with composite and warned me that it may not last. That was over 10 years ago.

Composite should be extremely strong if it's done properly. I suspect that when it fails it often does so because the area hasn't been properly cleaned and dried before applying the composite.

How old is the child? Baby teeth?

Child is 4 and a half, yes, baby teeth. The decayed teeth will fall out and his permanent teeth will not be damaged by the existing decay. According to the dentist.

The Stainless steel 'grill' is an option, but looking online there is the option of white stainless steel. Not sure if they are in Pattaya though. We have been quoted 1500k for the stainless steel cover.

I have two children. When they lost their baby teeth and the adult teeth came through, we paid for 'dental fissure sealant' treatment. http://www.dentalhealth.org/tell-me-about/topic/children-s-teeth/pit-and-fissure-sealants It was quite expensive at the time but definitely worthwhile.

My kids are now 33 and 36 years old. The elder has needed only one small dental filling and the younger has needed none at all. Of course, they have both had regular check-ups and the sealant has been renewed whenever necessary.

My grandchildren will be getting the same treatment when they lose their baby teeth.

I wish this had been available when I was growing up. When I smile it looks like a piano keyboard.

• Like 1

Originally child's chipped front tooth was sort of filled in with a white sort of epoxy I guess. It cost about Baht2000 as I remember, it was replaced twice as it broke off, I was warned,...

Half of one of my side teeth broke off when I bit on a very crusty slice of fresh farmhouse bread. My dentist in Europe rebuilt it with composite and warned me that it may not last. That was over 10 years ago.

Composite should be extremely strong if it's done properly. I suspect that when it fails it often does so because the area hasn't been properly cleaned and dried before applying the composite.

For sure the preparation of the surfaces is paramount, then subsequently it would be desirable to favour the repaired tooth when biting whatever.
However an infant will tear at wrapping with the teeth and not consider any activities that might cause a failure.As an FEA practioner I could prepare a model on bondings/stresses/forces/shear planes et al but ....
In one case I fell out of a chair and rolled on his head pushing his mouth against the tiles.
As for leaving decay, I preferred to have Baht80,000 treatment for the child (4 teeth under anasthesia), was quoted Baht130,000 at one place. Edited by corkythecat