Yaowapa Wins Chiang Mai's By-Election

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This banned for 5 years deal is BS. People should only have one chance in politics!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As I understand, they have a 5 year banning, then a 10 year banning on the 2nd offense, and it's not until the 3rd time, do they receive a permanent banning.

Please note, in the biggest stronghold the shins have, 33% did NOT vote for her. As a Shin family member this is a poor result in view of this area, which is a minefield for non Shin people, the others may I say to be fair on them they did well, please note the rubber vote he had no chance, but got votes.

another win...

in a by-election 10 months ago ... wink.png

Getting close to the bottom of the barrel, perhaps ? whistling.gif

And one were she might be up for ANOTHER ban for breaking election laws!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Or, given she is family, she may be up for Thailand's next Prime Minister.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

another win...

in a by-election 10 months ago ... wink.png

Getting close to the bottom of the barrel, perhaps ? whistling.gif

And one were she might be up for ANOTHER ban for breaking election laws!

Or, given she is family, she may be up for Thailand's next Prime Minister.

True enough. 2nd Thai female PM.. 1st one pretty and vacant ...2nd fugly and ugly .. She looks a little bit like Thaksin but with a dress!

• Like 2

Shows PTP voters are still behind their party!

Maggie Thatcher in her prime would NEVER win her seat if it was in BARNSLEY.

If she only got 100 votes you could say that and it would be true.

But Maggie was MP for Finchley for long time. So at least she was voted in by someone ... no different than Yaowapa... except the breaking election laws off course!

Although this happened last Spring, it is clear that the nepotism continues. Is this what Thailand really wants - family member after family member thrust into power at the beck and call of Thaksin ? Clearly, that image is just peachy for Pheu Thai. But it's also a profoundly distasteful indication that however unsavory it looks to the general public, Thaksin really doesn't care.

Edited by Scamper

Maggie Thatcher in her prime would NEVER win her seat if it was in BARNSLEY.

If she only got 100 votes you could say that and it would be true.

But Maggie was MP for Finchley for long time. So at least she was voted in by someone ... no different than Yaowapa... except the breaking election laws off course!

And from Grantham, hardly near Finchley, oooops but it was a cert place for her to breeze through. bound to get in.

Maggie controlled her diet, set a good example to the Brits but now My GOD I got a shock on my last visit how fat people had got.

How do you pronounce it YEOW WOPPER ?

OK it was a by-election very much on PT turf, but it still shows that large numbers of people support the government. 67,000 is more than Suthep currently has manning his barricades.

And more that come to a Millwall home game as well.

• Like 1

OK it was a by-election very much on PT turf, but it still shows that large numbers of people support the government. 67,000 is more than Suthep currently has manning his barricades.

And more that come to a Millwall home game as well.

Hey Millwall mate--where were the other 33%-------it was a massive family Shin area, something wrong-----1 year ago as well, before the rice/ losses were published---and accounts near gone missing.

Need to edit: not 'by election' it's: BUY election (at least ol' PM is using the leftover money from the rice scheme graft to use....try to keep it alive in the extreme north, as the light flickers out on dreams of an Asian Rothschilds dynasty. Shinawatras aren't that clever.

Too bad central & the south aren't so fond of being pawns in a game of fiefdom.

Or perhaps that they were, ten months ago, in the family's home-constituency ?

If only fuller details were available for Sankampaeng, from the recent part-completed election, what proportion of the electorate bothered to vote & how many 'no' votes were there ?

I suspect that we'll never know.

This banned for 5 years deal is BS. People should only have one chance in politics!

As I understand, they have a 5 year banning, then a 10 year banning on the 2nd offense, and it's not until the 3rd time, do they receive a permanent banning.

So, after the second time they pass the baton to a relative and live off their unusual amount of wealth gained from 'two timing' the country. There should be a severe penalty 1st time, with a message such as "You have abused the trust of the people who voted for you, disgraced your family name and failed to serve anyone but yourself. Go to jail for 10 years without parole."

Fear of public humiliation, and therefore loss of face could be an effective deterrent, plus of course mandatory jail time. People need to know how serious a crime corruption is, the penalty needs to be up there with the most serious crimes, rather than a slap on the wrist and, let's face it, a 5 year holiday.

I hear she got less votes in the by election than her driver, who was put in as her proxy when she was banned, got in the general election.

Now I think it was her son who stood in the Feb 2 election.

Edited by Robby nz

What a headline it would have been if it read " Yaowapa LOSES Chiang Mai by-election " but no chance of that. Big brother made Yingluck head of PTP and 30 days later she was " PM' at least in name so is there a chance Yaowapa is now " puppet PM in Waiting " ?

I hope Thaksin has some heavy duty puppet strings. If that's her 'elated' face.

He's going to need them. Yingluck got the looks. I wonder what this one got..... at a guess the bulldog temperament smile.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Love to see that f

What a headline it would have been if it read " Yaowapa LOSES Chiang Mai by-election " but no chance of that. Big brother made Yingluck head of PTP and 30 days later she was " PM' at least in name so is there a chance Yaowapa is now " puppet PM in Waiting " ?

I hope Thaksin has some heavy duty puppet strings. If that's her 'elated' face.

He's going to need them. Yingluck got the looks. I wonder what this one got..... at a guess the bulldog temperament smile.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I have always subscribed to the view that everyone has the right to be ugly, and I include myself, but she's just abusing it

Is this necessary ?

So, after the second time they pass the baton to a relative and live off their unusual amount of wealth gained from 'two timing' the country. There should be a severe penalty 1st time, with a message such as "You have abused the trust of the people who voted for you, disgraced your family name and failed to serve anyone but yourself. Go to jail for 10 years without parole."

Fear of public humiliation, and therefore loss of face could be an effective deterrent, plus of course mandatory jail time. People need to know how serious a crime corruption is, the penalty needs to be up there with the most serious crimes, rather than a slap on the wrist and, let's face it, a 5 year holiday.

I agree the penalties need to be more severe.

Unsurprisingly, PTP feels the present rules are already too severe and it was one of the areas they were focusing their constitutional amending efforts on.

Yaowapa Wongsawat was baned for five-years for electoral fraud.

Now she is again in business.

She replace Pheu Thai's Chinnicha Wongsawat, whose voting right was revoked for filing a false financial statement.

So an electoral fraudster replaces a financial statement liar.

Husband Somchai Wongsawat runs on PT List Nr. 2.

He was baned for electoral fraud too.

Now he collects taxes for the country.

Electoral fraud and tax fraud seems to be a family attribute

• Like 1

Yaowapa Wongsawat was baned for five-years for electoral fraud.
Now she is again in business.
She replace Pheu Thai's Chinnicha Wongsawat, whose voting right was revoked for filing a false financial statement.
So an electoral fraudster replaces a financial statement liar.
Husband Somchai Wongsawat runs on PT List Nr. 2.
He was baned for electoral fraud too.
Now he collects taxes for the country.
Electoral fraud and tax fraud seems to be a family attribute

Indeed fine upstanding role models for the citizens and children of the country who should be encouraged to aspire to their abysmal level of ethics and service to the Thai people.