Pattaya To Swampy Buses And Vans And ...

infinity11

I think the best plan is to get the baht bus to Jomtien halfway down the hill on the left http://www.airportpattayabus.com/2012/ for 134 baht you won't find better value. The other bells bus that goes to the airport costs 250 and they come to your hotel to pick you up and transfer you to the airport,I'm a bit sceptical about their booking system, I was once booked and the driver never turned up. I phoned them and they said you have to phone Bangkok so I did and was put on hold for a long time until I couldn't wait any more. I chartered a baht bus for 150 to take me there. I think the problem was that the hotel I was getting picked up from was being renovated at the time and the driver got confused, TIT, I prefer to go to the bus station the day before and book my ticket if using this bus service.

Edited by stewieg
  • Like 2

I've used Bells bus pickup service quite a few times and never had a problem.

At times the driver will call at a destination and wait for the passengers who do not turn up. The driver cannot wait forever or everyone will be late.

they do advise you to be ready early for the pick-up.

One occasion when I was around the corner, they phoned to ask where I was and I was on the bus in 2 minutes.

Yes, I like the Jomtien bus too. Leaves near the interesection of Thappraya and Theprasit Road, which is easy to get to. (Easier than the North Pattaya bus station actually, as the regular 10 baht Jomtien-bound Songthaews pass it.)

You can buy the ticket ahead of time, and it's punctual.

Nothing wrong with the Bell Travel bus either, I used that one all the time until they switched to pre-paid bookings by credit card. Couldn't use it after that as the details would show up on my credit card statement, which is a show-stopper.

But I'm happy I found the Jomtien bus, so no regrets..

I even used it to go to downtown Bangkok once, I just connected to the Airport Rail link.

I often wonder why they don't do a Bangkok bus service from there as well, would be very popular.

• Like 1

I used the Bell Service just last week. They picked me up right on time at my condo, took me to their bus station, carried my luggage to the correct bus, and the whole trip from pick-up to Swampy was 2 hours for 230 baht. Bell was great!

Bell does not run as often as the jomtien bus and sounds more complicated.

I am leaning towards the easy to get to 134 baht frequent runner, for the first time.

Weird as at the bottom of the web page it says door to door, click and you are at Bell web page.

The Bell pick up is tempting but having more and exact departure times and not locking in are advantages for this trip.

No doubt at all that if Jomtien is convenient for you then the Jomtien bus is the cheapest, best, quickest, safest and most reliable way of getting to/from the airport. Also a very good way of getting to central Bangkok, when combined with the airport train as mentioned.

If Jomtien is a bit hard to get to and if you are going at suitable times then the Bell bus service (which I think is affiliated with the Jomtien bus and on occasions shares the same vehicle for the journey) is a very close second.

If you are alone and arriving/leaving outside of the normal bus working hours it is probably cheaper to get a bus when they are running and spend the night in a hotel near the airport than to take a taxi, and that is what I do.

• Like 1

Good tip, Jomtien to airport bus! The last time, in late September, it was 200 baht to the airport on the Bell buses. Now I see it's 250.

The Bell bus usually takes about hour and a quarter. Can anyone tell me the actual travel time to the airport from Jomtien?

I don't like the Bell departure times. I usually have to pick a departure that gets me to Swampy way too early. And I live a short moto taxi ride to the north bus station, which would hike my total travel expense to 300 baht using a Bell bus. I'd go to Jomtien in a shot for a 134 baht ride, plus baht bus fare.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Good tip, Jomtien to airport bus! The last time, in late September, it was 200 baht to the airport on the Bell buses. Now I see it's 250.

The Bell bus usually takes about hour and a quarter. Can anyone tell me the actual travel time to the airport from Jomtien?

I don't like the Bell departure times. I usually have to pick a departure that gets me to Swampy way too early. And I live a short moto taxi ride to the north bus station, which would hike my total travel expense to 300 baht using a Bell bus. I'd go to Jomtien in a shot for a 134 baht ride, plus baht bus fare.

I'm not a great lover of Bell buses either,you have to go to Bells bus place the day before to book,or go to Jomtien to catch the bus,a long way off if your in north Pattaya.

The bus to Ekamai (sp) North Pattaya bus station 124 baht,takes you virtually to the doorstep of the airport,and it starts at 4.30 am.finishing around midnight.Tell the driver to put you off at the airport stop,there are 4 specified stops it makes if requested,the driver usually shouts out anyway,then taxis are lining up about 120 baht to departures,it fast too,about an hour and a half. Have to take your bag onto the bus though

Edited by pinfold
  • Like 1

The Jomtien bus people will always say 2 hours for the trip, to be on the safe side. In practice it goes from barely an hour late at night to perhaps 100 minutes if there is a lot of traffic.

BTW

Where do you catch this hourly 134 baht bus FROM / AT the airport.

That would be most helpful to know.

Thanks.

Same desk-allmost-as Bell Travel between exit 7 and 8 on level one thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

My experience on Jomtien to Suvarnabumi bus: Markedly superior to all competitors. And only 134 baht! Worth the baht bus ride from Pattaya Klang.

Left exactly as scheduled at 0900 with maybe 60-70% passenger capacity. Seats are high standard, carry-on bag fits comfortably in legroom space, air con strong, ride just fine, head and aisle room more than adequate.

I was so impressed by the bus I checked out manufacturer Sun Long of Shanghai. Only been in business since 2004, but it's clear they've taken the best from many makers and put it all together in one bus (cynics start here . . . :-). I frequently see the Pegas and other Russian tour companies using Sun Longs.

The bus trip took one hour, 30 minutes largely due to all the traffic lights from Thep Phrasit through Pattaya Nua. Leaves almost every hour. Beats Bell, which is 250 baht plus moto taxi.

One small drawback is fact there are no assigned seats. But it wasn't an issue on my arrival as I thought there would be. Most people arrived only minutes before departure.

The buses are good, and have taken Bell many times. But now, I have to be at the airport before 6am, so what is a reliable alternative, I live on the deep dark side. I dont want to take a chance on using several modes, and if one is not on time, then I might miss the flight. I hate the thought of mini buses, but seems like I might have to take a chance. Are there any mini buses that have a regular airport service, and pick up service, at an early hour, (4am)?

• 8 months later...

have not tried the jomtien-swampy bus, but thought would give it a try as traveling alone.

what how are your experiences on travel time and punctuality? Have flight at 1150 and wondering if can take the 9AM Sunday morning bus and still make my flight

with decent probability - or is reality that I'd better take the 8 AM one if dont want miss my flight?

Anybody have experiences that it takes more than 2hr from scheduled departure time as if not, then I should be fine?

thanks

I always use the Jomtien bus, great service and price and i live just by the bus station.

@fakename: About the only option to get you from Pattaya to the airport at that hour is a taxi/limo for ~B1,000 (or more.)

Before I retired, and was traveling to/from Thailand a couple times each month, after a couple no-show taxis at 0300, I resorted to taking an evening (or late afternoon) Bell Travel bus and staying at an airport hotel overnight, and then taking the airport shuttle bus in the early morning.

I used the Silver Gold Garden hotel. Hotel is clean, safe and quiet and a room was usually B690 or B790/night, booked on sawadee.com. They have a free shuttle bus (both ways between airport & hotel) that runs on an hourly schedule to the airport from midnight to noon.

Because my arrivals back to BKK were always too late for last bus to Pattaya, I would also do the reverse. After traveling almost 24 hours I didn't mind going to the hotel for a hot shower and go to bed, and continue to Pattaya on a 1100 or 1200 bus.

have not tried the jomtien-swampy bus, but thought would give it a try as traveling alone.

what how are your experiences on travel time and punctuality? Have flight at 1150 and wondering if can take the 9AM Sunday morning bus and still make my flight

with decent probability - or is reality that I'd better take the 8 AM one if dont want miss my flight?

Anybody have experiences that it takes more than 2hr from scheduled departure time as if not, then I should be fine?

thanks

I always use the Jomtien bus, great service and price and i live just by the bus station.

Have taken the Jomtien-Swampy bus quite a few times now and it has always been punctual. But you just never know what might be going on on Sukhumvit or the tollway due to traffic.

so typically about 1.5 hr - or around 2hr for the trip?

thanks

Have taken the Jomtien-Swampy bus quite a few times now and it has always been punctual. But you just never know what might be going on on Sukhumvit or the tollway due to traffic.

so typically about 1.5 hr - or around 2hr for the trip?

thanks

Consistently 1.5 hours. But your mileage may vary!