Starting Your Own Sme

Quite easy really - think of an idea - invest 2 million - have a Thai partner who will own 51% - apply for business licence - appoint yourself General Manager or Managing Director (if limited partnership) - employ at least 4 Thai people - apply to the labour department - get work permit - register with the tax department - register to pay VAT - apply to the immigration service for a one year visa extension (assuming you already have a non-imm "B" visa)<br />NB Don't forget the many documents you will need such as your education/ experience/ proof of importing money/ tax/VAT registration documents etc etc - or, follow the advise above and get a lawyer or agent!

Based on your previous post you are USA citizen and therefore can start a Treaty of Amity company without all the requirements as stated above. Read any of the lawyer web pages to get an idea of the ToA company and how to proceed. Most lawyers charge a very high fe for this type of company formation, but it may be worth it in the long run. Google has a lot of info about Treaty of Amity also. You are unlikely to get much worthwhile input from TV since most of the posters are not US citizens or have international legal training.

Based on your previous post you are USA citizen and therefore can start a Treaty of Amity company without all the requirements as stated above. Read any of the lawyer web pages to get an idea of the ToA company and how to proceed. Most lawyers charge a very high fe for this type of company formation, but it may be worth it in the long run. Google has a lot of info about Treaty of Amity also. You are unlikely to get much worthwhile input from TV since most of the posters are not US citizens or have international legal training.

Not US citizen though

used to live in the ol US of A for a while though but guess that doesnt count

seems like this will all be harder then i thought

Quite easy really - think of an idea - invest 2 million - have a Thai partner who will own 51% - apply for business licence - appoint yourself General Manager or Managing Director (if limited partnership) - employ at least 4 Thai people - apply to the labour department - get work permit - register with the tax department - register to pay VAT - apply to the immigration service for a one year visa extension (assuming you already have a non-imm "B" visa)<br />NB Don't forget the many documents you will need such as your education/ experience/ proof of importing money/ tax/VAT registration documents etc etc - or, follow the advise above and get a lawyer or agent!

as for the 2 million baht investment I understand that this is not a cash requirement?

so how should I see this?

If I put my house as property of the company I started that would be as shared capital?