Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Karius is not an improvement on Mignolet.

We need another centre back. 

We were not fluid today and the attitude on the park after going infront by 2 goals, especially at 3-1 was amateur.

you have to give it to that midget Scotsman, he saw the opportunity and took it, 3 times 

some lad called fraser comes on and we make him look like <deleted> messi. bet you he's never heard of ever again like kevin lisbie.

and man you're right, karius really doesn't look like much of an upgrade on mignolet at this point does he? i wish we'd signed an older, experienced, finished article of a 'keeper like cech or something. though admittedly there aren't shedloads of them around.

24 minutes ago, nev said:

We won at Bournemouth 3-1 and all I heard was its only Bournemouth, well at the time I thought it was a good win against a good side at home, proved tone the case.

Apparently, last night was the best game Fellaini has ever played (for Everton).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nev said:

We won at Bournemouth 3-1 and all I heard was its only Bournemouth, well at the time I thought it was a good win against a good side at home, proved tone the case.

they're not a great side. they're alright, relatively organised but they only had 5 shots against us and scored 4 bloody goals. we were 2-0 up and 3-1 up and utterly bossed the first half. with respect to bournemouth we lost that game yesterday, they didn't win it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

they're not a great side. they're alright, relatively organised but they only had 5 shots against us and scored 4 bloody goals. we were 2-0 up and 3-1 up and utterly bossed the first half. with respect to bournemouth we lost that game yesterday, they didn't win it.

Does that mean that they get less point's :wacko:

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

and man you're right, karius really doesn't look like much of an upgrade on mignolet at this point does he? i wish we'd signed an older, experienced, finished article of a 'keeper like cech or something. though admittedly there aren't shedloads of them around.

Joe Harts on the market. Wish we still had him

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Does that mean that they get less point's :wacko:

nope. just means we blew the result rather than them actually 'beating' us. it's a complicated concept i realise alfie and you're not great with abstract thought at the best of times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

some lad called fraser comes on and we make him look like <deleted> messi. bet you he's never heard of ever again like kevin lisbie.

I couldn't believe it, 2 set-ups and goal from just being alert and hungry to win. For sure we not hear of that lad again. Reminded me of wee Burney, Rab C Nesbit's lad. 

images-1.jpeg

We really did drop the ball, hopefully lesson learned. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

nope. just means we blew the result rather than them actually 'beating' us. it's a complicated concept i realise alfie and you're not great with abstract thought at the best of times.

Yeah does seem to be a bit complicated but i see that you haven't put the two goals that the Bournemouth goalkeeper gave you into your abstract thought's :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

Bit wrong on the shot count, they in fact had more shots than you   

12 Shots to your10
Shots on target to your 3
Another one who watches a different game 

Edited by alfieconn

Well anybodys better than that nutjob you have at the moment ....just looked at Torino with Hart i would think its fair to say he has been average. played 13 conceded 15 goals i think they have only won 4 games.

When he comes back to England i am pretty sure he will be farmed out again.

"played 13 conceded 15 goals i think they have only won 4 games"...not sure you can judge a goalkeepers performance like that, he could be Billy the Fish but behind a crap defence he's going to concede.

"When he comes back to England i am pretty sure he will be farmed out again." Understand he will be sold on not farmed out again, at 10M to a foreign club or 20M to an English club. Hopefully Pep will see the error of his ways and include Hart in next seasons squad but I doubt it.

While it seems popular opinion for non-Blues to not rate Hart, there'd be very few Blues who don't rate him and we'd love nothing better than Hart returning tomorrow!

ridiculous. he makes such basic errors and shows no sign of having the tools in his locker to become a top level goalkeeper. we've messed up here, we should have signed a senior, finished article goalkeeper in the summer and it's going to cost us over the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

ridiculous. he makes such basic errors and shows no sign of having the tools in his locker to become a top level goalkeeper. we've messed up here, we should have signed a senior, finished article goalkeeper in the summer and it's going to cost us over the season.

It already has Stevie!:sad:

Bloody frustrating isn't it, I expected a better reaction at home after the Bournemouth mess. We played some fluid attacking football at times but we just seems to run out of attacking ideas and steam when teams sit back against us. We also can't control a game to save our lives when its needed especially when we go ahead.  We need to be more clinical and finish chances, right now we look to have two gears only, either full out attack or full out scrambling back... against any sort of a counter, we look naive at times, not sure that will get fixed this season !

Karius has made mistakes in two games in a row, but surely it would be madness to drop him right now? Not sure how it will help to bring in Migs as he also will make his 'inevitbale' blunder creating even grater pressure for the team.

Buying and developing these younger players was always going to result in issues, but watching how Klopp has got us playing at times, has brought reason for optimism, the best is yet too come, perhaps we have all gotten too carried away with how we were scoring for fun which has covered over the cracks. Perhaps we are seeing the growing pains of the development of a young squad made worse by a couple of key injuries and a thin squad.

We've also look unbalanced in our attack the last few games. Firminho needs to be central were he does his best work, not on the left, but its a conundrum with Coutinho out and also Sturridge missing in action. 

Also we don't have that one natural defensive midfielder in the squad that might help in times like this (forgetting Lucas), Henderson has been tasked with the role and its not natural to him. I can't help but think these Dahoud rumours are true and we will be in again for him in the window or a similar player, a controlling defensive midfielder to balance between our attacking play. 

Anyway games will be coming thick and fast, so will be interesting to see if we can get back to our form in time.

Edited by Devil

I love Klopp :smile:

Klopp: Neville struggled with a job judging players, I don't listen to him

The 49-year-old defended under-fire Loris Karius and turned the spotlight on the analysts, who have been "unhelpful" with their constant sniping

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has delivered a charged take down of Gary Neville and the other former players-turned-pundits, who continually dish out criticism that crosses the line. 

Reds’ goalkeeper Loris Karius has been the subject of constant scrutiny from analysts, with the ex-Manchester United captain drawing a response from the 23-year-old last week after he erred in the 4-3 defeat at Bournemouth.

Following another unconvincing outing in the 2-2 draw against West Ham, Neville’s brother, Phil, took exception to the German speaking out, echoing Jamie Carragher’s sentiments that he should “shut up and do his job.”

But Klopp turned the spotlight away from Karius to the pundits, who he feels have been incredibly unhelpful as the summer signing settles at Anfield.

Full story:- http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/12/12/30422152/

23 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The general consensus from the experts is that the wall covers one side of the goal  and the GK takes the other side !

Well he's neither set that wall properly nor positioned himself properly. It wasn't even a decent free kick. 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't think dropping Karius is the right idea, buying a keeper in January would be a good idea and sell Mignolet and keep Karius. But unless it is Joe Hart, I don't know who else we could get. 

Joe Hart is contracted till summer. Even we wouldn't be able to drag him back before then unfortunately

• Like 1

well that was more bloody like it wasn't it? outstanding away performance, lallana was superb, didn't miss matip and klavan played well, and thought mignolet rose to the challenge, fair play to him. and klopp has managed the goalkeeper issue very well i think, including putting the busy c*nt neville brothers back in their box.

the one-touch football for the second goal was a joy to watch, brilliant stuff.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2016 at 7:22 PM, StevieH said:

well that was more bloody like it wasn't it? outstanding away performance, lallana was superb, didn't miss matip and klavan played well, and thought mignolet rose to the challenge, fair play to him. and klopp has managed the goalkeeper issue very well i think, including putting the busy c*nt neville brothers back in their box.

the one-touch football for the second goal was a joy to watch, brilliant stuff.

Yeah good second half that.

Goalkeeper situation, a few posts back I presumed he wouldn't drop Karius as thats a big call. Of course In true Klopp style, he just drops him and makes out its just another day... Migs did well also.

We look like we got back some fluency in out attack (movement, one touch passing) and Origi can't stop scoring.

Bring on the Bitters !

• Like 1