Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

55 minutes ago, wellred said:

I was also surprised at why we didn't get a new LB in. Seems like we spent all summer chasing Chilwell and had no plan B. Personally I would have kept Flano. Moreno is young so lets see if he can change. I remember during the international break last year Origi didn't travel and Klopp spent some time working with him 1 on 1 at Melwood. After that there was a visible difference in his game and was scoring for fun towards the end of the season. 

There will always be sections of the fans calling for the managers head after a bad year, and you can't do anything about those. I think we've bought well, just need to let them gel. Don't forget we've had key people like Can injured so far so I'm sure once we have our full strength side fit we'll be able to push for 4th. We saw im glimpses last year what they could do and we are stronger now so I'm optimistic. 

Also the likes of Subotic, Hummells, Aubamayeng and Rues were not household names when Klopp signed them. Patience is the key.

Crikey two in a day :lol:

2 hours ago, wellred said:

Looks like it's going to be spring rolls all round if today's reports are true.

I've only read that Everbright have increased their evaluation of the club to 1B, not actually bid to take over, but this transfer window seemed a bit like accounts business and Klopp signing a 6 year contract deal must have been to appease outside investment. Then you have the new stand ready. It all smells of readying for a sale.

4 minutes ago, MrRed said:

:cheesy::cheesy:

I just had a chuckle myself at the Balotelli farce....then I remembered Aquillani and spread my beer far and wide.

This Liverpool side though looks half decent....whether they can stay the course is another matter....but then that is true of Man Utd nowadays too! ;)

• Like 1

karius not yet fit for this weekend, klavan out injured too thanks to the stupidly-timed international break. so, team for leicester:

mignolet

clyne, matip, lovren, moreno

lallana, can, wijnaldum

mane, origi, coutinho.

i'm loathe to leave firmino out but think we benefit from a proper striker in the XI in home matches and origi's a good physical presence too. would like to see a bit more from wijnaldum than we have so far, hopefully making late runs into the box to get on the end of stuff. emre can has become vital to this side now, we're light in the midfield without him.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2559 at 5:47 PM, longstebe said:

It's quiet on here........where's all the non Liverpool fans?

Funny you should ask that.

A Norwegian who comes in the bar sometimes was asking why a ticket that costs him ninety quid in Norway can be had for fifty in Liverpool.

I am sure there is a logical and genuine reason, I cannot see any club overcharging their core support.

Another good win, Derby 0-3 Liverpool. 

Only watched highlights of this one. It looked like we were in second gear for most of the game but just enough to be in control and the Brazilians turned it on when needed. Good to see we didn't have any panic moments, we usually make a it hard for ourselves in these games.

Quite a few of the squad who have not featured for a while got some needed game time (Can, Origi, Ings, Karius, Klavan) and even Grujic got his first start. 

• Like 1