Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Sorry I will tone that down in future, 1st offence.

Yh I fancy a great comeback and to give it some real spirit I fancy us going 1 down early and klopp putting a bit of grit in his teeth motioning the 12th man to overpower the deficit and a mini memorable night for the taking. 

^ Following from our conversation regarding the last match Stevie;

Lallana has dropped back, and Sturridge starts. I hope Sturridge starts on the flank, Firmino middle, end of.

Can is still in there tonight, and if there ever was evidence of how weak we are look at that bench, not too many game changers there. 

Still think we will batter them tonight, we havta

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Lallana has dropped back, and Sturridge starts. I hope Sturridge starts on the flank, Firmino middle, end of.

Can is still in there tonight, and if there ever was evidence of how weak we are look at that bench, not too many game changers there. 

Happy Burns night Bob! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

All of em were s hit

mr.klop,messers,rush,dalglish and gerard need to sit down and make a shopping list,and not at tesco's.

70% first half,had to be 80% at least second half and only ? on target.

2misses by sturridge were harder to miss than score.

how long will klop put up with this bunch,he didnt look very impressed DID HE.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

it was worryingly rubbish that bob. we're obviously missing mane hugely but there's a bit of a fatigue kicked in in general. players look leggy and we're a yard or two slow, on and off the ball. maybe it is the high intensity of the early season coming home to roost, but if that's the case, again shouldn't we have got 2 or 3 extra bodies in to allow us to rotate more? 

think we're officially in a rut now and it isn't just a blip. manager's got a right job on his hands to sort this out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it was worryingly rubbish that bob. we're obviously missing mane hugely but there's a bit of a fatigue kicked in in general. players look leggy and we're a yard or two slow, on and off the ball. maybe it is the high intensity of the early season coming home to roost, but if that's the case, again shouldn't we have got 2 or 3 extra bodies in to allow us to rotate more? 

think we're officially in a rut now and it isn't just a blip. manager's got a right job on his hands to sort this out.

yes stevie i have never seen klop this quiet.and i used to watch a lot of BVB.

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

sturridge looks finished by the way. he can't run.

Its all gone tits up !

Sturridge is a shadow of himself, He looks in part to be holding back when it involves anything more than a jog, maybe mentally he's done, doesn't seem to trust his body which is not a good sign at this level. Also he keeps pulling out of light tackles or challenges in the air.  Used to be great at playing on the shoulder of defenders, now he only shows when its into feet coming deep.  Right now he's the absolute opposite to Bobby !!   

We desperately need 2-3 more bodies in this squad, ideally if one or two are experienced and not kids, the lack of squad rotation is now showing. 

Don't like the combo of Hendo and Can together, it was working much better when it was Hendo and Gini (of course with Lallana back there also). 

Surprised we have not seen young Ojo being given a go out wide again, we need some pace and directness while Mane is away.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Its all gone tits up !

Sturridge is a shadow of himself, He looks in part to be holding back when it involves anything more than a jog, maybe mentally he's done, doesn't seem to trust his body which is not a good sign at this level. Also he keeps pulling out of light tackles or challenges in the air.  Used to be great at playing on the shoulder of defenders, now he only shows when its into feet coming deep.  Right now he's the absolute opposite to Bobby !!   

We desperately need 2-3 more bodies in this squad, ideally if one or two are experienced and not kids, the lack of squad rotation is now showing. 

Don't like the combo of Hendo and Can together, it was working much better when it was Hendo and Gini (of course with Lallana back there also). 

Surprised we have not seen young Ojo being given a go out wide again, we need some pace and directness while Mane is away.

Put some names forward then. I mean what do you want as impetus right now?

You want to gamble on classy players with no prem experience or are there lads a bit closer to home who might do a job?

We need strikers. Sturridge looks like he filled out a touch to me.

40 minutes ago, Devil said:

Its all gone tits up !

if you can no longer run - which sturridge sadly clearly can't - you're not much use in a jurgen klopp team really. 

and yeah, he does look like he's afraid of the slightest knock putting him out injured again. suspect he'll be moved on this summer now. hopefully west ham will give us £25m or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

if you can no longer run - which sturridge sadly clearly can't - you're not much use in a jurgen klopp team really. 

and yeah, he does look like he's afraid of the slightest knock putting him out injured again. suspect he'll be moved on this summer now. hopefully west ham will give us £25m or something.

Said it before on here: his Dad & his Uncle were both pro footballers with dodgy hamstrings. It's in his genes.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^ManU are 14 points behind Chelsea with 16 games to go, goal difference worse by 20 goals, so even I'll be impressed if ManU win the Premier this season! So I'll answer your question for you: yes it was a mistake to predict ManU as champions this season.

Nothing United can or have done will ever impress you...........you hate them :sleep:

10 hours ago, StevieH said:

Maybe we'd be talking different if Sturridge had put away his chances and some decisions went our way, but <deleted> me Southampton at home in the second leg of the cup. 

It's very worrying Ste, I do not understand why Klopp played Can again, I don't know why he waits so long to change things. Sturridge was terrible.

It's incredible the turn around, from a fortress to, "that's right we remember how to play this lot, sit, absorb and hit them on the break" every team that plays us, beats us with a goal for every shot on target and that's at home!

That new stand is turning the place in to a library.

I really really hope we make top 4 only for the fact that it will put FSG in to a place where they actually have prove their commitment,.

Klopp had a summer to do his business and there was only one player stating on that park that Klopp brought in and he was on a free. 

We've been punching above our weight and the now they are knackered and have no real idea.

Absolutely headless, but I'm enjoying a day on the piss so <deleted> it!

• Like 2

Not sure you guys will like this article but it seems to echo a lot of your recent comments. The paragraph that stood out to me most was this one:
"It feels like Liverpool have been a team in development for six of the last seven years (and the majority of the last 27), the 2014 title challenge a freak campaign inspired by a freakishly talented striker."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/26/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-still-have-fundamental-problem-not/

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure you guys will like this article but it seems to echo a lot of your recent comments. The paragraph that stood out to me most was this one:
"It feels like Liverpool have been a team in development for six of the last seven years (and the majority of the last 27), the 2014 title challenge a freak campaign inspired by a freakishly talented striker."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/26/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-still-have-fundamental-problem-not/

Agree with this 100%

12 hours ago, StevieH said:

25million IS THAT BHT.

16 hours ago, meatboy said:

25million IS THAT BHT.

Fair enough off loading Sturridge but no ideas whatsoever on  replacement/s

We'd be lucky to get 18 m for him.

Seriously lightweight up front. 

Strikers with serious ability are a major shortfall in the prem.

We sold, sorry I mean we gave away MB,  Ings I like but fear the worst for his career given those injuries. I hope I'm wrong on Ings. 

I would have liked to have seen some enquiries on that Bas Dost, Dutch striker. Looks like he has done well too since gping to portugal and they got him for 10 million and claused him in for 60 m - euros.