Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yep defo on this one. 

I don’t think Alisson would take Chelsea over LFC for football, and you’d have to wonder would any other team really be willing to pay that much for a keeper. 

Other reports saying Chelsea are considering a bid to bring Cech back. 

No more barking about skinflint FSG BBob ? Has Klopp charmed FSG as well ? What a clever move it was to bring Klopp on. Your lot look set to be a force to be reckoned with for.......

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You'd think it would be easier all round if RM just buy Alisson  ?

They haven't got the cash.  Although that never seems to bother Bank of Madrid!  

Allison for a reported 62m.  Then reports of Courtois for 31m!!  Amongst all the usual b*llocks theres some strange figures being thrown around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Roma and Liverpool agree deal of 66M quid inclusive of add-ons. 

Thats big big money for a keeper but at the end of the day you desperately needed one.  And if i remember right from last season transfers you have a cash reserve left over to reinvest so tying up a world class keeper was a no brainer in my book.

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

No more barking about skinflint FSG BBob ? Has Klopp charmed FSG as well ? What a clever move it was to bring Klopp on. Your lot look set to be a force to be reckoned with for.......

Most expensive goalkeeper and defender ever will be the mantra if I pipe up on the City thread. 

Yeah bang on re.Klopp, remarkable when you look at the side he took over. FSG trust him and then we have Edwards who has become demon dealer. 

No complaints here, we desperately needed a top class defender, no.8 and goalkeeper, looks like we’ve got all 3 now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats big big money for a keeper but at the end of the day you desperately needed one.  And if i remember right from last season transfers you have a cash reserve left over to reinvest so tying up a world class keeper was a no brainer in my book.

Yeah the money is insane, and the guy was relatively unknown 2 seasons back. 

But there was no way we could have gone on to the new season with what we have, that would be the definition of insanity. 

That said you can get value from a keeper as they tend to stay on.

Also, I was listening to an English journalist who covers Serie A and he says the lad is an absolute beast. The same lad that said the same about Salah when we made the deal for him. So that’s encouraging. 

Edited by BangrakBob

28 minutes ago, carmine said:

They haven't got the cash.  Although that never seems to bother Bank of Madrid!  

Allison for a reported 62m.  Then reports of Courtois for 31m!!  Amongst all the usual b*llocks theres some strange figures being thrown around.

Courtois has got a year left on his contract and hes not going to sign a new one , thats why Chelsea are letting him go "cheap"

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Courtois has got a year left on his contract and hes not going to sign a new one , thats why Chelsea are letting him go "cheap"

looking a bit sketchy with players potentially going out over there at the bridge sanemax, or is it all cheap-talk?

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

looking a bit sketchy with players potentially going out over there at the bridge sanemax, or is it all cheap-talk?

Both Hazard and Courtois seem to be courting a move to Real Madrid (as they both have been for the last year) and RM seem to want Courtois on the cheap and Chelsea will sell now rather than see him go for free next year .

Hazard wants to be the next Ronaldo at RM , but RM dont seem to want him , not for the money Chelsea will sell for . Hes got two years left on his contract , Chelsea wouldnt want to make the same mistake with him as we have done with Courtois , so it will either be :Stay and sign a new contract or get sold

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You're darn right. I've already drafted my response ?

?

Klopp's cashing in those Net Spend coupons this year. I think he has couple left too ?

Edited by BangrakBob

It's a good signing. Scousers shaping up well.. I don't think they have the best midfield but much like England they don't really need one due to the way they play. 

Atm I think Chelsea could have the most problems out of the top 6 next season. Especially if Hazard goes. Sarri is a completely unknown quantity in the PL, and hasn't even had that much time to get to know his squad. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's a good signing. Scousers shaping up well.. I don't think they have the best midfield but much like England they don't really need one due to the way they play. 

Atm I think Chelsea could have the most problems out of the top 6 next season. Especially if Hazard goes. Sarri is a completely unknown quantity in the PL, and hasn't even had that much time to get to know his squad. 

have you seen much of fabinho and naby keita? i haven't. but they're both very highly-rated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

I know.  It was purely a rhetorical comment,  i was just amused at the price difference that can develop due to a contractual situation even though one keeper is really no better than the other.

42 minutes ago, StevieH said:

have you seen much of fabinho and naby keita? i haven't. but they're both very highly-rated.

Saw a bit of Fabinho for Monaco and he's good. Still if you're putting him and Keita in from the start it might take a while to gel.

Pogba-Matic-Fred has the potential to be best midfield in the PL, but looking like we might not see it til into September ?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You're darn right. I've already drafted my response ?

Imagine the (feigned) outrage on TV forum if it was City breaking defender and goalkeeper transfer records..."you're ruining the game", "your buying success"...blah! blah! blah! Instead it's a lot of backslapping going on from non-Liverpool fans on here..."f*cking amazing TV forum!"

Anyway he looks like a decent goalkeeper, you need a decent goalkeeper and I'm expecting to see a goalkeeper twice as good as Ederson for that fee ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

To be fair, Liverpool generated a large sum from the sale of Coutinho and if they overpay for Allisson they have surely underpaid for Shaquiri. Swings and roundabouts.

How the money is generated is irrelevant. The net effect on the market is the same and trying to justify it by saying the money came from previous player sales is just giving yourself (not you champs) an imaginary comfort blanket. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

How the money is generated is irrelevant. The net effect on the market is the same and trying to justify it by saying the money came from previous player sales is just giving yourself (not you champs) an imaginary comfort blanket. 

City spent £50M on Kyle Walker and John Stones, so I would say they inflated the market for defenders. City don't generate much revenue; by comparison; in sales.

27 minutes ago, champers said:

City spent £50M on Kyle Walker and John Stones, so I would say they inflated the market for defenders. 

Nah. I'd say Man U started that with Ferdinand. People have short memories and try laying blame on City whenever possible and we still haven't broken any Prem transfer records

42 minutes ago, champers said:

City don't generate much revenue; by comparison; in sales.

Sales of what?

Liverpool Accounts for the year to 31 May 2017 Turnover £364m (5th highest in the league)

Man City Accounts for 13 months to 30 June 2017 Turnover £473m (2nd highest in league)

What do you mean "City don't generate much revenue; by comparison; in sales."? City have the 5th highest revenue!

BBC 23 jan 2018

DELOITTE FOOTBALL MONEY LEAGUE

•1. Manchester United: €676.3m

•2. Real Madrid: €674.6m

•3. Barcelona: €648.3m

•4. Bayern Munich; €587.8m

•5. Manchester City: €527.7m

•6. Arsenal: €487.6m

•7. Paris Saint Germain: €486.2m

•8. Chelsea: €428m

•9. Liverpool: €424.2m

•10. Juventus: €405.7m

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah. I'd say Man U started that with Ferdinand. People have short memories and try laying blame on City whenever possible and we still haven't broken any Prem transfer records

For those with a short memory:

Wio joined Manchester United in July 2002 for around £30 million!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

You sure about that? Ederson, Walker, Mendy and de Bruyne all currently hold the records in their respective positions. Laporte and Stones also broke the records and so would VVD had he not turned you down!:biggrin:.

Do us a favour Mr Organ Grinder. Can you and your monkey get back to your own thread and stop whinging on here....Cheers:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Sales of what?

Liverpool Accounts for the year to 31 May 2017 Turnover £364m (5th highest in the league)

Man City Accounts for 13 months to 30 June 2017 Turnover £473m (2nd highest in league)

Sales of players, are you two the only ones who didn't know what Champers meant ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Sales of players, are you two the only ones who didn't know what Champers meant ?

I did mean player sales, not total revenue inclusive of humungous sponsorships from the home country.

• Like 1