Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

That's OK I can't believe what a cry baby you become after a couple of shandies but at least your not copying and pasting anymore. The owners are complete wa×$ers has lost it's voice too I note.

I thought you'd had a few shandies when you spoke such crap about Klopp, but there you go.

• Like 1

Just now, carmine said:

I thought you'd had a few shandies when you spoke such crap about Klopp, but there you go.

He backed his teams a bit too much at the beginning. Where are those lads now. It's nice to back the lads but he was not kidding anyone. The coutinho transfer turned out to be a master stroke. Forgot who was backing that from the off?

I've put my hands up on this a couple of times TBH.  Klopp turned it round big time and I'm very happy he did but the jury is still out in terms of delivering success and that is what I seek for LFC nothing less.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

He backed his teams a bit too much at the beginning. Where are those lads now. It's nice to back the lads but he was not kidding anyone. The coutinho transfer turned out to be a master stroke. Forgot who was backing that from the off?

I've put my hands up on this a couple of times TBH.  Klopp turned it round big time and I'm very happy he did but the jury is still out in terms of delivering success and that is what I seek for LFC nothing less.

Fair enough, but i also think that if your owners had backed him more earlier on he would in turn have gotten Liverpool a better side earlier.  Now its the strongest looking Liverpool line up i've seen in years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Fair enough, but i also think that if your owners had backed him more earlier on he would in turn have gotten Liverpool a better side earlier.  Now its the strongest looking Liverpool line up i've seen in years.

It is the strongest team I've seen for a very long time and that is why their is expectation from here on. 

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Look what you have gone and done now. You beating Palace has moved United up to 9th ?

Its going to be very interesting if United were to get beaten by Spurs and fail to beat Burnley, especially with the international break offering two weeks to mull over the 450m train wreck.  And of course there are some interesting candidates in the offering!

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Bob,  no mention of the penalty decision!!!!  Salah could have seriously injured himself hitting the deck like that!!!?

haha. there were about three penalties in that incident. but the fact that it annoyed the hell out of roy hodgson pleases me greatly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Its going to be very interesting if United were to get beaten by Spurs and fail to beat Burnley, especially with the international break offering two weeks to mull over the 450m train wreck.  And of course there are some interesting candidates in the offering!

aye.

david moyes is available.

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

aye.

david moyes is available.

Yes he is and we all know he should have been given more time and we all know United believe in stability and change managers a mere once in a generation because they are different and.....no i didn't buy into that deluded b*llshit either!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Last season we might have drawn that match, the difference for me VVD, Becker and Keith. And Mane, is getting even better.

Palace are going to be hard to beat at home this season, good luck fuckerszz

yeah absolutely, van dijk is a magnificent influence on everyone around him and surely our next captain and alisson just exudes confidence too doesn't he. that was a big fat horrible monday night banana skin that and we ground it out with a clean sheet. excellent three points.

we did the hammers 4-0 without really getting out of second gear and won away at palace with a clean sheet without playing particularly 'well'. good stuff.

• Like 1

Virgil van Dijk’s stats vs Crystal Palace: 91 touches Completed 73/79 passes 8 clearances (most in match) 16 aerial duels (most in match) Man of the Match Note: (Liverpool have kept 9 clean sheets in his 16 PL apps)

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Cousin of Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has failed in a £2bn move to buyLiverpool. (Mail)...oh the irony!

It's not necessary we can compete and the victories are that much sweeter.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Why's that? Because you haven't spent any money!!

Exactly. Compared to you lot who start high fiving each other when you get 8 million for an academy starlet and spend 500m every 2 years. There's shrewd and then there is  man city. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Exactly. Compared to you lot who start high fiving each other when you get 8 million for an academy starlet and spend 500m every 2 years. There's shrewd and then there is  man city. 

There's shrewd and NO Premiers and then there is Man City and THREE Premiers.

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Quite a bitter person aren't you. So you don't mind spending the big money it's just because you haven't spent as much as us that you have a problem. Sound like your manager who made a daft statement about never spending and then what did you spend this summer? About £160m

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

There's shrewd and NO Premiers and then there is Man City and THREE Premiers.

Sorry lad but even if you had 10 I still do not have you on par with us. Great expensive squad like but when you play us your put in your place pretty much everytime. I'm not doing this with city again this season anyway. It's below me. Your just like a lottery millionaire.  Lucky. That's it. Did not work for it did not grow belief from history, just handed to you on a plate. A handout. That kind of glory will taste good to anyone who never tasted proper glory like. So that's that chaps. Keep it I'd rather wait and win it our way we do not need the "it could be you" luck.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Quite a bitter person aren't you. So you don't mind spending the big money it's just because you haven't spent as much as us that you have a problem. Sound like your manager who made a daft statement about never spending and then what did you spend this summer? About £160m

No and I never realised why emoticons are required until now I thought some people could read between the lines like.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Keep it I'd rather wait and win it our way we do not need the "it could be you" luck.

I'm not going to search and hunt down facts but I'll hazard a guess that when you were winning things, you were one of the biggest spenders. So what this "Liverpool way" is I don't know. History tells us that it is usually the biggest spenders who win the most.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry lad but even if you had 10 [1] I still do not have you on par with us. Great expensive squad like but [2] when you play us your put in your place pretty much everytime. I'm not doing this with city again this season anyway. It's below me. Your just like a lottery millionaire.  Lucky. That's it. Did not work for it did not grow belief from history, just handed to you on a plate. A handout. That kind of glory will taste good to anyone who never tasted proper glory like. So that's that chaps. Keep it I'd rather wait and win it our way we do not need the "it could be you" luck.

First of all, [1] of course you don't see City being on par with Liverpool, why would you, you are a Liverpool and like any fan you see your club as better - understandable.

[2] Yes you beat us in a couple of games (nearly allowed us to come back in one of them when we were very poor that day) and you lost one game, but be HONEST, would you rather (a) beat City a couple of times in a season and not win the Premier as you did last season or (b) would you rather lose the odd game but win the Premier; say (a) and you'll be confirming to us you're a plonker.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not going to search and hunt down facts but I'll hazard a guess that when you were winning things, you were one of the biggest spenders. So what this "Liverpool way" is I don't know. History tells us that it is usually the biggest spenders who win the most.

I'm pretty sure Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes hell all of em came through their youth team. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm pretty sure Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes hell all of em came through their youth team. ?

Probably best to google first before making statements like that matey:- ?

Keegan was 20 when he went to Liverpool (Scunthorpe prior)

Dalglish was about 26 when he went to Liverpool (Celtic prior)

Rush was 19 when he joined Liverpool (Chester prior)

Barnes was 24 when he joined Liverpool (Watford  prior)

keegan cost buttons when we signed him. kenny was a sizeable amount but still a big chunk less than we sold keegan for the same summer. rush cost pennies from chester and john barnes was an absolute steal at 900k.

12 minutes ago, StevieH said:

keegan cost buttons when we signed him. kenny was a sizeable amount but still a big chunk less than we sold keegan for the same summer. rush cost pennies from chester and john barnes was an absolute steal at 900k.

I was making the point that they didn't come through your youth as Ronnie suggested.

However, 900k wasn't exactly cheap at that time and you also smashed the transfer record between british clubs when you signed Peter Beardsley at about the same time (almost 2m wasn't it).