Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Not liking that Rijit, but after the Torres saga anything can happen. And let's be honest although we are optimistic with Rodgers as usual, we haven't been in the Champions League for a few years now. A player like Skrtel could get impatient and leave. And it's not only on ESPN but I think Sky and other places as well.

This journalist says Joe Allen has agreed personal terms with LFC already, it's just up to the clubs to complete the transfer. If it happens I think it will take until after the Olympics.

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl

Can't see liverpool paying 20m for him 5.gif and he'll want more than 30 grand a week !

Can't see a final fee being anywhere near that. 15 million, tops, hopefully less.

Well apparently they think he is worth as much as Henderson, so if that is the case your getting him cheap as he is a better player 4.gif i suppose you could always plead insanity and tell them you paid 10m too much for Henderson 21.gif

I don't think I'll have to plead any kind of insanity. I have naught to do with the transfers. They don't ask me how much to pay for any players and though I requested to be the one to negotiate with Swansea I was declined. :)

Saw one story that claimed he had a release clause valued at 15 million. Seen other rumours they may accept around 12 million. All rumours at this point, really.

I never really understood the Henderson fee but I think he's better than what he showed last season.

Why on earth would we want/need him anyway?

Its not as if we dont have enough midfielders.......Dont forget the "new signings" of Aqualani and Lucas as well

What we NEED are (is) wide players with pace, a decent goalscorer, and pehaps a decent CB

(Škrtel is by no means settled, Agger is a sick note and Coates is "one for the future"rolleyes.gif )

Allan would be a waste of 15-20 Mill (or should that be ANOTHER waste of 15-20 Mill?)

Penkoprod

Its not as if we dont have enough midfielders.......Dont forget the "new signings" of Aqualani and Lucas as well

What we NEED are (is) wide players with pace, a decent goalscorer, and pehaps a decent CB

(Škrtel is by no means settled, Agger is a sick note and Coates is "one for the future"rolleyes.gif )

Allan would be a waste of 15-20 Mill (or should that be ANOTHER waste of 15-20 Mill?)

Penkoprod

A Liverpool fan who talks sense thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Penkoprod

All we need now is a Man U fan who talks sense 103.gif

Penkoprod

Or even a spudo fan without a gay avatar tongue.png nice to see you in the comp this season Alfie..it will make me more determined to avoid the friday night on the lash and forgetting to send my diction's in biggrin.png

Penkoprod

Or even a spudo fan without a gay avatar tongue.png nice to see you in the comp this season Alfie..it will make me more determined to avoid the friday night on the lash and forgetting to send my diction's in biggrin.png

Judging by your ( Spurs, lucky to be in the top 10) prediction, can't see you being any competition old chap 30.gif

Penkoprod

I was just thinking that; a refreshing change - how long will he last on here without his "red"-tinted spectacles I wonder.

Penkoprod

Oh, I don't know, he's a fantastic passer and retainer of possession (90% completion rate last season, top 10 in Europe I think), will only get better, in a 4-3-3 we need more central midfielders than if we don't play that system, know's the new boss's methods and philosophy better than anyone, would be a good excuse to get rid of Adam, and he can even score a few goals.

I don't think Aqualani is dead certain to stay, but he could. But if he and Adam left, Allen would be a welcome addition to the squad in my eyes. It's not as if Allen, if added, would be the only other one added to the squad in the window. Rodgers said he's hoping to bring in 2 or 3 more after Borini, and probably in those areas you mentioned.

Again, who said he's going to cost 20 million? All I've seen is 15, max.

Not a bad discussion of pros and cons of Allen to Liverpool, here:

http://www.theliverpoolword.com/2012/07/liverpool-transfer-target-joe-allen-what-would-he-bring-to-lfc/

What do you think Aquilani will bring next season?

He cost King Rafa millions, he was binned by Prince Kenny, and now Squire Rodgers wants to include him in his plans for next season

He desperately wanted to stay in Italy but he was deemed surplus to requirements by Milan, and I wonder how he will fare in a full-blown Premiership campaign (probably get injured, is the real answer).

Excellent article about him here:

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/07/where-next-for-liverpools-alberto-aquilani/

Oh, I don't know, he's a fantastic passer and retainer of possession (90% completion rate last season, top 10 in Europe I think), will only get better, in a 4-3-3 we need more central midfielders than if we don't play that system, know's the new boss's methods and philosophy better than anyone, would be a good excuse to get rid of Adam, and he can even score a few goals.

I don't think Aqualani is dead certain to stay, but he could. But if he and Adam left, Allen would be a welcome addition to the squad in my eyes. It's not as if Allen, if added, would be the only other one added to the squad in the window. Rodgers said he's hoping to bring in 2 or 3 more after Borini, and probably in those areas you mentioned.

Again, who said he's going to cost 20 million? All I've seen is 15, max.

Not a bad discussion of pros and cons of Allen to Liverpool, here:

http://www.theliverp...e-bring-to-lfc/

These players all look great on paper. Watch some of them on Youtube and you can go into raptures watching their skills. Charlie Adam was the "hollwood" passer we all tghought was a snip at £7 Mill, and the provider for Carrol....Another player "full of potential" Different manager, different potential. A case in " in out in out shake it all about"

The point is, we have had this revolving door policy at the club for FAR too long. Players, managers, and even owners.

Seems to be a case of "bring in another 2 or 3 more after <insert name of player here>" all the &lt;deleted&gt; time these days.

Look at all the top clubs and see how many of their players have been at the clubs for any length of time

Then look at us. We have about 3 that have been with us any length of time...Reina Gerrard and Carragher

One of them (Reina) is unsettled...along with a couple of others, Škrtel amongst them. Gerrard is not quite a sick note officially, but he has carried the team for too long and is paying the price, physically. That leaves us with "good old Jamie"

Again, the point being we have nothing to build a team around. They either become unsettled, or they get sold to buy new players and the merry-go-round goes round and round, while we slip further and further behind the pack

Dont matter a jot if he costs 15 mill, 20 mill, or £150,000. We dont NEED him,and its a waste of whatever we pay for him. What we need, is like i said before...wide players with pace, a decent goalscorer, and pehaps a decent CB.

But,. most of all we need......STABILITY. The one thing we havent had in God knows how long

Penkoprod

"We don't need him." But that's your opinion, although it's well thought out. I accept that a new manager will want to bring in a couple players that it appears we "don't need" because he knows they play the kind of football he likes. I accept that he makes those decisions, not me, even if it appears we're already set in that position and that he has a plan for all the players. I don't agree that it's a waste if we get him, especially if the plan is to shift one or two other midfielders out.

It's not like he's the only target. I am sure Rodgers knows exactly what he needs. He knows we need more pace on the wings, without a doubt. It's just a question of will we be able to get a new winger like that?

I agree we need stability. But all teams change over time and go through re-structuring periods like we are right now. Look at how different Arsenal is now from a few years ago, and with Van Persie going out now, too. But obviously with having 4 different managers in such a short amount of time with different ideas about playing personnel, you are going to have a lot of ins and outs regarding players, we just can't get over that.

But it's true the most important players are the ones already at the club. But what could we do when Alonso and Mascherano and Torres all demanded to leave? If we could have kept those three players, I think we'd have been much better off the last few seasons. Lucas appears to be a player committed to being here for a while, and remember he's been here now for I think 5 years? Of course he's only grown into a great player the last couple. What's been frustrating is we don't have more great players like him who will stay for long periods (fingers crossed he won't want to leave for at least a good several years). Also, although he's been injured a lot, Agger has been with us for a long time, just one year less than Reina. And Kuyt was here for a good while as well, though he felt it was time to move and I say, he did his work for us and stayed long enough. Yes we need more players like that that will work hard for the club and stay for five years or more.

I know Bellamy doesn't have too many years left but if he goes, we truly will need another winger! I hope he stays.

I also hate when fans always think new signings new signings are the answer. What we need are the players we currently have to play better, and stay longer. I agree whole heartedly. But at the same time that you criticize that attitude, you then say we need this, this and this, which I found funny. smile.png

As far as stability, we have a new manager. Let's hope he does well and stays for a while. That's going to be key. But since he just got here, he's obviously going to want to change a few things, and if bringing in Allen is one of them, then I'm all for it. He already got one new striker though he's young. I do hope he doesn't forget about the wings but I'm sure he knows what we need, again. I think if Carroll stays, one thing we need is just the strikers we currently have to play better and in the case of Borini, show us why we got him. If Carroll truly leaves we definitely need another striker or one who can play striker as well as wing, like Dempsey.

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next month but I'll be glad when August is over and we can just get to solely watching matches again, without worrying about this signing or that signing and this player or that player leaving.

Edited by Jimjim

Really what we need is to give what we have a chance to show what they can do

And i include the owners, the manager and players in that (but i can see them all having to raise their game)

Stick or twist? Lets stick for a change, eh?

Twisting hasnt worked

I would rather we keep what budget we have for Jan IF we "really" need it

Can't believe Carroll will go out on loan. Judging from the "friendly" the other day the team is still settling in so i'm suprised Rodgers has been so quick to judge him. I thought his improvement was atleast worthy of a chance until christmas.

Perhaps he will put Adam out to pasture before his very obvious shortfalls as a professional footballer ends someones career.

Well , Carroll to west ham? seems the clubs have agreed terms, but seemingly nothings been agreed with carroll, the speculation on carroll leaving liverpool started almost the minute Rodgers put pen to paper, so it can hardly come as a shock. But 2 west ham ? lets not forget big sam LUV's a big holding centre forward,he built Boltons most successful years around Kevin davies, so, if it happens, still 50 /50 imo, a good move for carroll? for his club career 4 sure, sam will use his strengths and build around them/him. If recent history of dropping from the top 4 /6 clubs down to, no disrespect, the next level repeats itself, he can probably kiss his England spot goodbye or will have to do something pretty special to keep it.

Well, first competitive match of the season. Looks like it won't be live on LFC TV or live on the website. And it won't be on LFC TV until Saturday according to the website schedule. I'm annoyed...

Hopefully we aren't embarrassed by the 3rd placed team of the Belarusian league. Looks like they run their season in a calendar year format so they are in mid-season now, which should at least mean they're more fit. I'm sure this match will be an instant classic! he he

Better than a friendly. I hate friendlies.

Shame about Suarez but i feel he is a marked man now .....the sooner you get rid then the better ...just listening to the reception he gets in every game at the Olympics it clearly shows the public in England do not agree with his actions and his continuous diving, moaning and complaining.

If Carroll goes as well then the Italian will be a lonely man up front but i guess that is how Rodgers likes his team to play

Shame about Suarez but i feel he is a marked man now .....the sooner you get rid then the better ...just listening to the reception he gets in every game at the Olympics it clearly shows the public in England do not agree with his actions and his continuous diving, moaning and complaining.

If Carroll goes as well then the Italian will be a lonely man up front but i guess that is how Rodgers likes his team to play

I think his treatment was disgraceful and is a very poor reflection on those in the crowd that were involved.

If i were Suarez i'd give the finger to the premier league and enjoy the sunshine in the spanish league

Shockingly bad performance last night, players all over the place - back four so exposed on the counter.

Gerrard, Henderson, Enrique were awful!

And yet we won 1-0 and a screamer of a goal by Downing !

yeah i've always rated that downing lad.

we're nowhere near are we? really hope we've at least a couple of other signings coming in before the season starts.

we're nowhere near are we? really hope we've at least a couple of other signings coming in before the season starts.

Haha yeah I don't think Downing could be believe his luck. Never seen us play that bad tbh, we clearly needed 2 or more preseason games before a competitive game like that but at least we are off the mark now and a win no matter how ugly it was too watch.

We have a tricky run of games to the start of the season! And I can't help feel it won't be a good start.

3-4 signing will be coming in from what BR has publicly said a few times now. I am still trying to get use to this very open policy BR has with talking to the press...

I still think the Allen signing will be vital to BR implementing his style early on and Allen would work well with lucas. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 formation along with 4-3-3 at times. Curious to see how Borini and Suarez will play together and who else is coming in and who is going out.

That Swansea midfield Allen might be the missing link you are looking for. i know they want a lot for him but he might just be the type of player worth splashing out for

It would probably also be beneficial for Rodgers and the team if Suarez moved on from the Evra thing or moved on.

I think we have to take into account how early it is in the season for us. Johnson and Gerrard are still a bit rusty and not fully fit yet. We know all of them are far better than they played. I didn't expect much but it was a bit worse than I expected. Let's see how we perform this week on Thursday. I think it should be better. It was also a difficult place to play and they squad had far to travel. Let's see how Gomel performs when they have to face Anfield. Hopefully a much different story...

Interesting to see Sterling get his longest run out yet. He showed flashes and looks a great talent and hopefully he can continue to improve.

I think we have to take into account how early it is in the season for us. Johnson and Gerrard are still a bit rusty and not fully fit yet. We know all of them are far better than they played. I didn't expect much but it was a bit worse than I expected. Let's see how we perform this week on Thursday. I think it should be better. It was also a difficult place to play and they squad had far to travel. Let's see how Gomel performs when they have to face Anfield. Hopefully a much different story...

Interesting to see Sterling get his longest run out yet. He showed flashes and looks a great talent and hopefully he can continue to improve.

You have to keep him first. wink.png

• Like 1

For sure Jim, it's early days and Gomel are half way through their respective season - sharpness and fitness was always against us .

Note Sterling only got a long run out because cole went off after 25 mins if I remember rightly with a hamstring niggle.

The Europa is the best competition to give the young ones a run out so lets see what are BR priorities in all the the cups this season.

We just played a game behind closed doors against Rochdale... Agger, Johnson, Adam, Carroll all got games but I was very happy to hear that Kelly played as CB! Was always in the opinion Kelly would be very good as a CB in the Carragher mould ( who also started out as a RB in his early seasons)

- Rumour just going around yesterday is that we are actually in for as much as x4 extra signings plus x1 loan International Star...Certainly leaving it all late though.

You have to keep him first. wink.png

As if I'm gonna believe some BS tabloid that says he's going to Spurs. Dream on....

Could see him going out on loan though.

- Rumour just going around yesterday is that we are actually in for as much as x4 extra signings plus x1 loan International Star...Certainly leaving it all late though.

Who would you like the 5 to be?...

I would be happy with 3... Ramirez, Allen and Sinclair

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Loan footballer is the worst thing ever !!!! we have loaned out player's on condition that they would be bought by the club a year on the likes of C to Carson to Villa and the Aquaman and what happens they get sent back " services no longer required " Spurs under Arry were the worst for loaning players from the bigger clubs such as City. EPL should say yes you can loan out players but only to the Championship or overseas and I also believe the window should close the week before the season begins rather than a month afterI have never understood the reasoning behind it !!!!!!!!!

For sure Jim, it's early days and Gomel are half way through their respective season - sharpness and fitness was always against us .

Note Sterling only got a long run out because cole went off after 25 mins if I remember rightly with a hamstring niggle.

The Europa is the best competition to give the young ones a run out so lets see what are BR priorities in all the the cups this season.

We just played a game behind closed doors against Rochdale... Agger, Johnson, Adam, Carroll all got games but I was very happy to hear that Kelly played as CB! Was always in the opinion Kelly would be very good as a CB in the Carragher mould ( who also started out as a RB in his early seasons)

Yes, rumours from the "reliable Macca" on the Liverpool Rumours site right? ha ha

Evidently he gets a lot of stuff right in the end though he certainly posts on a site with tons of BS rumours.

Even if he does truly have more access to what is actually going on compared to us average fans in the dark and we are really sorting out all those transfers, doesn't mean they will actually happen...

I'm hating these reports of Agger leaving. If it happens once again we'll be giving away one of our best players. From some rumours I hear he doesn't want to go so we'll see.

Ahh, I both hate and love the transfer window. We've really been very quiet accept getting rid of several players and only bringing in one so far it seems.

Really looks like Bellamy will leave which would be a shame. He can't play ever match but I just love seeing him in red and watching all his interviews he's really turned into quite an upstanding guy.

It really seems like Allen will come to us but while I think 10 million would be ok I think 15 million is just too much.