Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

stevie, my scouse neighbor, good bloke but poor taste wink.png , says he has it on good accord that the whole Carrol thing to west ham was a set up to source the leak inside the club. Carrol was never going anywhere but the leak was found apparently by planting the story?

yeah i've heard that rumour too james, don't know if it's true or not though. the leak is probably carragher, the massive gobshite. but carroll's definitely for sale if someone stumps up enough.

Carra the source? thought it was in the comms department. 22 million for Agger is worth it IMO although I realize you are a little short of cover at the back. Allen for 15 million? Hmm a bit over the top IMO. I see it happening but for 10 million++.

it's a contract clause. if a big club wants him as swansea expected to happen at some point that's the fee.

LFC has a new comms director now, jen chang. seems a bit smarter and sharper than previous incumbents.

43,000 at Anfield. The Europa League might get to mean something if the big league teams could keep that sort of attendance up throughout.

Yes looked to be a good attendance with voice.Helped by the fact it was our first Homes game of the new season, the Managers first game plus Borinis Home Debut. - Carra made his 701 appearance when he came on as a sub.

I really enjoyed that performance...ok it was only Gomel in a Europa qualifier but we played with confidence, passion and style which was a big surprise based on previous preseason games.

Gerrard was used behind the two strikers of Suarez and Borini (loved the movement) it was a massive factor in why our front play was so dynamic - I think Stevie is going to have a good season but we must keep him fit and we need cover. Let's hope BR uses him in this role this season (please!) Downing had a very good game and looked to take on the full back on each occasion and not just cutting inside - easy opposition though.

Suarez wow, without sounding too biased this guy is a genius on the pitch unbelievable skill and desire! He always looks so angry and frustrated when he doesn't score haha. And it was great to see Lucas back and a good 85 min run out, he looked as though he was never away.

Borini perfect Anfield debut he did what took Carroll forever to do - score...well taken goal, looked lively but snatched a few chances early on maybe nerves.

Allen was sat in the stands watching the game so I am sure he can't wait to get started with his new team mates.A midfield of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard will serve us well.

Looks like everything is rosy at Anfield, Happy days 1.gif ................. Who was they playing again ? 39.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Looks like everything is rosy at Anfield, Happy days 1.gif Who was they playing again ? 39.gif

don't pretend you've never heard of the third best team in belarus, the mighty fc gomel.

Presumably that means there are two teams coming into the Europa Cup from that mighty footballing nation. Jeez - give me a break.

UEFA should cut that cup down to a competition of one club from every nation. If necessary they can feed it by sponsoring an early season 3 team play-off within every nation. Yes - I know that does not favour the likes of England and Spain with their strength in depth, but its the fact that also-ran clubs can play far too long into this competition that ruins it as a spectacle for the neutral. Yes I know it means that teams from the smaller and less developed countries will still be there for the intermediate stages, but I think we must respect FIFA/UEFA's remit to spread the game democratically around the continent.

43,000 at Anfield. The Europa League might get to mean something if the big league teams could keep that sort of attendance up throughout.

Yes looked to be a good attendance with voice.Helped by the fact it was our first Homes game of the new season, the Managers first game plus Borinis Home Debut. - Carra made his 701 appearance when he came on as a sub.

I really enjoyed that performance...ok it was only Gomel in a Europa qualifier but we played with confidence, passion and style which was a big surprise based on previous preseason games.

Gerrard was used behind the two strikers of Suarez and Borini (loved the movement) it was a massive factor in why our front play was so dynamic - I think Stevie is going to have a good season but we must keep him fit and we need cover. Let's hope BR uses him in this role this season (please!) Downing had a very good game and looked to take on the full back on each occasion and not just cutting inside - easy opposition though.

Suarez wow, without sounding too biased this guy is a genius on the pitch unbelievable skill and desire! He always looks so angry and frustrated when he doesn't score haha. And it was great to see Lucas back and a good 85 min run out, he looked as though he was never away.

Borini perfect Anfield debut he did what took Carroll forever to do - score...well taken goal, looked lively but snatched a few chances early on maybe nerves.

Allen was sat in the stands watching the game so I am sure he can't wait to get started with his new team mates.A midfield of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard will serve us well.

biggrin.png Dev, is you get this enthused beating Gomel i think you will need to be sedated if you play well against Man Utd!!

A friendly btw against Gomel is exactly the type of game that Downing will shine. Expect him to hide as usual in the big games.

I would be quite exited at the potential of Borini though.

Just to add mate, Maradona, Pele, Zico and Messi are in the genius mould, Suarez is most certainly not!

All in all with a decent midfielder to pull the strings, referring to Allen, Liverpool could be very decent this season and i very much doubt Adam will last long. He's hopelessly out of his depth. Vital for you Agger stays though. Coates is good but not quite ready yet imo.

I saw a need for us to get more bodies in their 18 yard area

Seemed to be a lot of hanging back by quite a few players and watching what Suarez was doing

Penkoprod

I watched the full game last night and I thought the opposite, as we had many bodies in front of Suarez ( or bodies there to receive a cross ) the movement was great between the front 4. Suarez dropped deep on a number of occasions to receive and that was what stood out from last night.certainly the last 20 mins we took the foot of the gas except for Suarez so I agree it was like that at he end. The commentator referred to his a number of times also.

biggrin.png Dev, is you get this enthused beating Gomel i think you will need to be sedated if you play well against Man Utd!!

A friendly btw against Gomel is exactly the type of game that Downing will shine. Expect him to hide as usual in the big games.

Just to add mate, Maradona, Pele, Zico and Messi are in the genius mould, Suarez is most certainly not!

All in all with a decent midfielder to pull the strings, referring to Allen, Liverpool could be very decent this season and i very much doubt Adam will last long. He's hopelessly out of his depth. Vital for you Agger stays though. Coates is good but not quite ready yet imo.

Shame you can read...but don't let that stop you :)

I wrote - "I really enjoyed that performance...ok it was only Gomel in a Europa qualifier but we played with confidence, passion and style which was a big surprise based on previous preseason games."

Oh and

"Downing had a very good game and looked to take on the full back on each occasion and not just cutting inside - easy opposition though"

So your point was?

Shame you can read...but don't let that stop you smile.png

I wrote - "I really enjoyed that performance...ok it was only Gomel in a Europa qualifier but we played with confidence, passion and style which was a big surprise based on previous preseason games."

Oh and

"Downing had a very good game and looked to take on the full back on each occasion and not just cutting inside - easy opposition though"

So your point was?

Agreed you kept saying " it was only Gomel " so why get so excited ? lets face it anyone can play with confidence and style against poor opposition !

i think that "spectacle for the neutral" is one of the most horrid terms in football to be honest. neutrals can bugger off.

I recall having similar thoughts during the Euros after England topped their group to cries of "but it's horrible to watch".

i think that "spectacle for the neutral" is one of the most horrid terms in football to be honest. neutrals can bugger off.

I recall having similar thoughts during the Euros after England topped their group to cries of "but it's horrible to watch".

internationals are different though. i can just watch and enjoy a world cup or euros. find the idea of people not preferring one team to the other in club football just plain weird.

adam and carroll are basically not suited to the way rodgers wants us to play. so we're best off selling them both. still think adam might go to fulham as part of a deal for dempsey.

i worry we're going to end up wasting coates. he's one of the best young CBs in world football and he needs games.

Shame you can read...but don't let that stop you smile.png

Oh and

So your point was?

Whats wrong with you? Why the hostility? Has a school mate just nicked your action man?

All i said was; Downing is only decent generally against crap opposition. True

Suarez is not a genius. True

You need to keep Agger. True

Borini looks like a very good prospect. True

I question you're hilarious over exitement about beating third rate opposition. Don't know that the word true is relevent but hilarious nonetheless.

Really mate, isn't it time to lighten up a bit and stop taking things so personally.

So, who do you think will be the first player to have their leg broken by a Charlie Adam 'tackle?"

Edited by carmine

So, who do you think will be the first player to have their leg broken by a Charlie Adam 'tackle?"

that diving little ponce gareth bale with any luck.

I doubt the refs, even Chris Foy, are likely to give that donkey a third oppotunity.

Admittedly his first attempt at WHL was the best but we were assured by your management that Charlies not that sort of player. At the time i thought that was crap but now i really do believe that he's so out of his depth he simply can't tackle anyone without fouling. Check out the stats!

Surely you mean Ashley Young, stevie

Or Suarez who writhes around like he been chopped down by an AK47. Oh no, he's in the same side. Suppose we'll have to endure his hystrionics again next season when he gets savagely taken out by an overlong blade of grass.

Parkers made a full recovery btw mate from the facial injury incurred by the assault comitted by Suarez in the same game as Charlies attempted leg breaker on Bale. thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

either would do actually boj.

either would do actually boj.

<deleted>!!!! Has everyone forgotten that odious little sh1t NANI!!

I doubt the refs, even Chris Foy, are likely to give that donkey a third oppotunity.

Admittedly his first attempt at WHL was the best but we were assured by your management that Charlies not that sort of player. At the time i thought that was crap but now i really do believe that he's so out of his depth he simply can't tackle anyone without fouling. Check out the stats!

Carms the first and most malicious was this one when he was at Blackpool !!!

<deleted>!!!! Has everyone forgotten that odious little sh1t NANI!!

haha. of course not. just think it's important to remember who the only premier league player booked twice for diving last season was. still he looks slightly less simian now that he's had his ears pinned back.

In varying degrees, we all have divers at our clubs, do we not. Seems a bit silly when you start pointing the finger at players at other clubs, unless your team is full of Victorian gents who doff their caps when their opponents score.

Prefer the idea of trying to purge this cheating on a general level, throughout the whole league. Prefer players getting flack from their own supporters when they do this shit.

Leave Nani and Young to us and our manager. We'll leave Bale and Suarez for you guys respectively to put right. Deal? biggrin.png

In varying degrees, we all have divers at our clubs, do we not. Seems a bit silly when you start pointing the finger at players at other clubs, unless your team is full of Victorian gents who doff their caps when their opponents score.

Prefer the idea of trying to purge this cheating on a general level, throughout the whole league. Prefer players getting flack from their own supporters when they do this shit.

Leave Nani and Young to us and our manager. We'll leave Bale and Suarez for you guys respectively to put right. Deal? biggrin.png

i don't like the comments in the press about it being a foreign thing and it's foreign players who are to blame for the cheating in the english game. leaves a bad taste in the mouth that when the two worst culprits in the league are bale and young.

but yeah, every club has them. some players have to accentuate genuine fouls on them because they don't get any protection from referees, some are just shithouses.

i don't like the comments in the press about it being a foreign thing and it's foreign players who are to blame for the cheating in the english game. leaves a bad taste in the mouth that when the two worst culprits in the league are bale and young.

but yeah, every club has them. some players have to accentuate genuine fouls on them because they don't get any protection from referees, some are just shithouses.

Yeah i agree with you regarding the foreign thing. I think they did earn that label some time ago, but it's a bit out-of-date now. Guess it stuck in people's minds.

By the way, how did we come to the two worst in the league thing? I think both Bale and Young were guilty of perhaps the most blindly obvious ones, that happened to be quite high profile, but in terms of dirtiest and most frequent offenders, i would say they are surpassed but a good number of others, and that would include Suarez, who towards the end of the season, seemed to really be on a roll, quite literally.