Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

In varying degrees, we all have divers at our clubs, do we not. Seems a bit silly when you start pointing the finger at players at other clubs, unless your team is full of Victorian gents who doff their caps when their opponents score.

Prefer the idea of trying to purge this cheating on a general level, throughout the whole league. Prefer players getting flack from their own supporters when they do this shit.

Leave Nani and Young to us and our manager. We'll leave Bale and Suarez for you guys respectively to put right. Deal? biggrin.png

i don't like the comments in the press about it being a foreign thing and it's foreign players who are to blame for the cheating in the english game. leaves a bad taste in the mouth that when the two worst culprits in the league are bale and young.

but yeah, every club has them. some players have to accentuate genuine fouls on them because they don't get any protection from referees, some are just shithouses.

Yeah i agree with you regarding the foreign thing. I think they did earn that label some time ago, but it's a bit out-of-date now. Guess it stuck in people's minds.

By the way, how did we come to the two worst in the league thing? I think both Bale and Young were guilty of perhaps the most blindly obvious ones, that happened to be quite high profile, but in terms of dirtiest and most frequent offenders, i would say they are surpassed but a good number of others, and that would include Suarez, who towards the end of the season, seemed to really be on a roll, quite literally.

my own opinion mostly - but backed by the stat that the only player to be booked twice in the season for blatant simulation was bale. does it all the time. suarez is a bit histrionic when it suits him but he does usually actually get fouled and just play it up a bit - unlike young who knocks the ball past opponents and then just proper throws himself over. he's not even good at diving so needs to either get better at it or stop altogether, he's pretty embarrassing.

In varying degrees, we all have divers at our clubs, do we not. Seems a bit silly when you start pointing the finger at players at other clubs, unless your team is full of Victorian gents who doff their caps when their opponents score.

Prefer the idea of trying to purge this cheating on a general level, throughout the whole league. Prefer players getting flack from their own supporters when they do this shit.

Leave Nani and Young to us and our manager. We'll leave Bale and Suarez for you guys respectively to put right. Deal? biggrin.png

i don't like the comments in the press about it being a foreign thing and it's foreign players who are to blame for the cheating in the english game. leaves a bad taste in the mouth that when the two worst culprits in the league are bale and young.

but yeah, every club has them. some players have to accentuate genuine fouls on them because they don't get any protection from referees, some are just shithouses.

Yeah i agree with you regarding the foreign thing. I think they did earn that label some time ago, but it's a bit out-of-date now. Guess it stuck in people's minds.

By the way, how did we come to the two worst in the league thing? I think both Bale and Young were guilty of perhaps the most blindly obvious ones, that happened to be quite high profile, but in terms of dirtiest and most frequent offenders, i would say they are surpassed but a good number of others, and that would include Suarez, who towards the end of the season, seemed to really be on a roll, quite literally.

my own opinion mostly - but backed by the stat that the only player to be booked twice in the season for blatant simulation was bale. does it all the time. suarez is a bit histrionic when it suits him but he does usually actually get fouled and just play it up a bit - unlike young who knocks the ball past opponents and then just proper throws himself over. he's not even good at diving so needs to either get better at it or stop altogether, he's pretty embarrassing.

Stevie you have your scouse goggles on again matey...Suarez goes down all to easily and loves to give it the passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif and has been found out on the back of his racist insults to Evra. Like it or not the whole country dislikes him and he will now pay the price for it throughout the coming season...remember he got king Kenny the sack!! and a few other backroom staff also.

Shame really As Uruguay didn't have anyone in the diving competition today and i am sure he would of scored a few 10" tongue.png he could of doubled up at this years games.

Even Brendan Rodgers has told him to sort himself out publicly and start concentrating on his game.

Suarez passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Suarez won't get booed all season, fans will get bored after a while once the 'next big scandal' emerges. Based on how well he played against Gomel id say the boos will only make him stronger and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for diving... no use singling out any one player. The league has been littered with divers for how long now?

stevie, my scouse neighbor, good bloke but poor taste wink.png , says he has it on good accord that the whole Carrol thing to west ham was a set up to source the leak inside the club. Carrol was never going anywhere but the leak was found apparently by planting the story?

yeah i've heard that rumour too james, don't know if it's true or not though. the leak is probably carragher, the massive gobshite. but carroll's definitely for sale if someone stumps up enough.

Carra the source? thought it was in the comms department. 22 million for Agger is worth it IMO although I realize you are a little short of cover at the back. Allen for 15 million? Hmm a bit over the top IMO. I see it happening but for 10 million++.

it's a contract clause. if a big club wants him as swansea expected to happen at some point that's the fee.

LFC has a new comms director now, jen chang. seems a bit smarter and sharper than previous incumbents.

Jen Chang refuted the allegation of that mole thing on twitter. Said it was "total nonsense."

https://twitter.com/JenChang88/status/230049551346708481

Great goal from Sterling...Of the guys like Pacheco, Suso and himself who are young attackers, he seems to be really staking a claim for the first team. To get 90 minutes this late in preseason, that really says something. I really wonder if Pacheco's chance has gone, he'll be 22 in January. I do think Suso has a better shot though and he's still only 18. Think we should try and send him out on loan for part of this season, though. Think he could end up being more an attacking midfielder than a winger.

Wonder if we'll truly send Sterling on loan like Rodgers suggested last month or if he'll be around to play more with our first team rather than someone else's.

Edited by Jimjim

on agger to city, apparently a bid was accepted last week, the transfer was suggested to agger and he told them right out that he didn't want to move. interesting.

Looks like Agger was selected to be the one to fund the latest bout of hokey cokey. Good for him that he isnt playing along.

Charlie Adam looks destined to be a makeweight for the Dempsey, so who will be in the frame next, i wonder

"Martin Škrtel, come on down........the price is right" perhaps?

Penkoprod

Allen was a v good piece of business. Keeping Agger and Skytl (how do you spell it) would be a big bonus and Dempsey is a very effective player and great business making Adam part of the deal if you could.

Shaping up rather well imo.

Looks like Agger was selected to be the one to fund the latest bout of hokey cokey. Good for him that he isnt playing along.

Charlie Adam looks destined to be a makeweight for the Dempsey, so who will be in the frame next, i wonder

it was obviously meant to be andy carroll. suspect we'll end up selling him for a massive loss on august 31st. would prefer not to sell either agger or skrtel, that's one area of the pitch where we're in really good shape.

Allen was a v good piece of business. Keeping Agger and Skytl (how do you spell it) would be a big bonus and Dempsey is a very effective player and great business making Adam part of the deal if you could.

yeah agree about allen. dempsey would be a decent addition and sort of replace bellamy and maxi's goals. we're getting there, but still think we need another wide man and to ship out charlie adam. first XI on paper now is not bad.

it was obviously meant to be andy carroll. suspect we'll end up selling him for a massive loss on august 31st. would prefer not to sell either agger or skrtel, that's one area of the pitch where we're in really good shape.

yeah agree about allen. dempsey would be a decent addition and sort of replace bellamy and maxi's goals. we're getting there, but still think we need another wide man and to ship out charlie adam. first XI on paper now is not bad.

Really don't agree with whoever it is that has seemingly written off carroll. i presume its Rodgers. At the end of the day the owners are not going to take a 20m loss by selling now. secondly he has shown an improvement that warrents oppotunity. He has also shown positive signs of wanting to cut the mustard at anfield and i just don't think its good enough for Rodgers to flatly state that he doesn't fit. If he is the impressive young manager we feel he is then he should have a go at making him fit, atleast until christmas.

From the highlights i have seen of lfc's last two games i have been impressed and think they are good enough to fight for a top 4 finish, imho the more up there fighting the better for the league.

From the highlights i have seen of lfc's last two games i have been impressed and think they are good enough to fight for a top 4 finish, imho the more up there fighting the better for the league.

I was more of the opinion that the personnel were in place but the performances were mixed.

I like the way Rodgers puts himself across, i like the way his Swansea team played, i also think he's oodles of potential but obviously managing now at a higher level with bigger expectations. if i were a liverpool fan i'd be watching very closely how the owners handle things because regardless of early results Rodgers needs their backing.

I think the same can be said of the situation at Spurs.

Really don't agree with whoever it is that has seemingly written off carroll. i presume its Rodgers. At the end of the day the owners are not going to take a 20m loss by selling now. secondly he has shown an improvement that warrents oppotunity. He has also shown positive signs of wanting to cut the mustard at anfield and i just don't think its good enough for Rodgers to flatly state that he doesn't fit. If he is the impressive young manager we feel he is then he should have a go at making him fit, atleast until christmas.

i presume it's rodgers too, and if it is him then i am glad it's him if you know what i mean. he obviously has a vision for how he wants to play football and doesn't see carroll fitting into that. i don't think that managers can always 'make players fit' - some simply aren't suited and never will be. would be the same if peter crouch were still at liverpool, rodgers would look to move him on and use the money to strengthen another area of the squad.

• Like 1

Not as confident as saying we will challenge for top 4 but there are signs in the last two games that we look to be putting into effect BR plans/style and quicker than expected for me. We showed good movement, high pressure up the pitch and tempo to our passing - key to this was Gerrard further forward and Lucas now in the side back.

Again I was impressed with the second leg with Gomel at home as it gave the first glimpse how we will set up (only needed Allen in for Shelvey ) and that will be our starting eleven against West Brom.

We controlled the game against Bayer Leverkusen but the tempo was a lot slower than the Gomel game as it was a friendly and a lot of changes in personnel for the second half.

I will stop there before being accused of being hilarious and over excited...

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

Refreshingly positive. There's nothing of the sort at WHL right now I'm afraid.

Thats not true is it. Were just a bit frustrated. The cause is Modric and theres little we can do. DSon't expect anything being finalised until the last day!

BTW, grow up Dev! You post like my exciteable 10 year old nephew although even he wouldn't have been happy and satisfied with 8th and a carling! rolleyes.gif

tell me, do you still think Spearings a really good player? giggle.gif

Not as confident as saying we will challenge for top 4 but there are signs in the last two games that we look to be putting into effect BR plans/style and quicker than expected for me. We showed good movement, high pressure up the pitch and tempo to our passing - key to this was Gerrard further forward and Lucas now in the side back.

Again I was impressed with the second leg with Gomel at home as it gave the first glimpse how we will set up (only needed Allen in for Shelvey ) and that will be our starting eleven against West Brom.

We controlled the game against Bayer Leverkusen but the tempo was a lot slower than the Gomel game as it was a friendly and a lot of changes in personnel for the second half.

i'm more optimistic than i was. for much of last season we didn't seem to have a defined plan of any sort, it was more often than not a case of get it to suarez and let's see if he can make something happen. that's not something you can say about rodgers. he looks to have been drilling his way of playing into the players already and we are genuinely pressing high up the park and looking to force mistakes and make chances. again with the caveat that we've only played a couple of qualifiers and a friendly so far.

looking forward to seeing us away to the baggies and hope this is the line-up:

reina

johnson skrtel agger enrique

gerrard lucas allen

suarez borini downing (until we can get a better alternative at least)

i'm more optimistic than i was. for much of last season we didn't seem to have a defined plan of any sort, it was more often than not a case of get it to suarez and let's see if he can make something happen. that's not something you can say about rodgers. he looks to have been drilling his way of playing into the players already and we are genuinely pressing high up the park and looking to force mistakes and make chances. again with the caveat that we've only played a couple of qualifiers and a friendly so far.

reina

gerrard lucas allen

Apparently we are trying to push loan deals through for both Sahin and Tello.

Not sure what is happening with the Dempsey deal ? Guess its Fulham holding out for too much.

Refreshingly positive. There's nothing of the sort at WHL right now I'm afraid.

Thats not true is it. Were just a bit frustrated. The cause is Modric and theres little we can do. DSon't expect anything being finalised until the last day!

BTW, grow up Dev! You post like my exciteable 10 year old nephew although even he wouldn't have been happy and satisfied with 8th and a carling! rolleyes.gif

tell me, do you still think Spearings a really good player? giggle.gif

Your arrogance and trolling defies belief! Is it because you hide behind your keyboard Carmine...Would you say this to my face?

• Like 1

Apparently we are trying to push loan deals through for both Sahin and Tello.

Not sure what is happening with the Dempsey deal ? Guess its Fulham holding out for too much.

yeah i reckon you're right. we're not prepared to pay 10m for him so we'll probably push that deal as close to deadline day as possible and try to get fulham to lower their expectations. sahin and tello would be smashing and unexpected additions really.

Your arrogance and trolling defies belief! Is it because you hide behind your keyboard Carmine...Would you say this to my face?

take a deeeeeeep breath dev. carmine's harmless.

• Like 1

reina

gerrard lucas allen

Not that much difference from this time last year Stevie really although Gerrard for me is so important still in that team,great pro and similar to Scholes with us + a few years obviously.

I think Allen is a totally different player than Henderson and Adams and will be improving this year with the players around him....New manager Allen and Borini a fit Gerrard for the start and i can understand yours and Devs enthusiasm for the start of the season.

I think Carrol will go and the season really is a learning curve for the fans of LFC and if they will like the way Rodgers sets his teams to play and if they will give him the time to implement it.

Do you both think that this kid razak(not sure his name came on one game last year)the winger will play more under Rodgers as he likes pace on the wings up and down?

Not that much difference from this time last year Stevie really although Gerrard for me is so important still in that team,great pro and similar to Scholes with us + a few years obviously.

I think Allen is a totally different player than Henderson and Adams and will be improving this year with the players around him....New manager Allen and Borini a fit Gerrard for the start and i can understand yours and Devs enthusiasm for the start of the season.

I think Carrol will go and the season really is a learning curve for the fans of LFC and if they will like the way Rodgers sets his teams to play and if they will give him the time to implement it.

Do you both think that this kid razak(not sure his name came on one game last year)the winger will play more under Rodgers as he likes pace on the wings up and down?

it's the philosophy that's different from last year. plus as you say more of a ballplayer in allen and a more mobile lad in borini. last year it was get it to suarez, if he can't do something magic then lump it at carroll. there wasn't even a plan a, never mind a plan b. in the three matches under rodgers so far the two fullbacks have been operating as wingers, playing far, far higher than previously. all of which contributes to pressing higher up the pitch and looking to force errors from opponents closer to their own goal. it's a tactic i like and i hope it works for us.

do you mean raheem sterling? he's a hell of a talent and given how much he's played in pre-season i think and hope that rodgers is going to keep him around rather than loaning him out. scored a cracker against sami hyypia's bayer leverkusen at the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4ABXoMddM

Reliable source in Spain ( well better than most of the ITK on twitter)

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Morning. Liverpool feel they have done enough to convince Sahin but nothing confirmed yet. Madrid want a resolution this week

Liverpool favourites to get Tello on loan. If they offer enough they could buy him. Atletico Madrid second favourites. One doubt...

Morning. Liverpool feel they have done enough to convince Sahin but nothing confirmed yet. Madrid want a resolution this week

Liverpool favourites to get Tello on loan. If they offer enough they could buy him. Atletico Madrid second favourites. One doubt...

[email protected] When was the last time Balague right?

He got a load of abuse about he was expecting Torres to leave LFC at the end of the window..that turned out right in the end.

He is more reliable about the goings on in the Spanish League but I get your point most of the ITK are way of the mark and just guess work from other media sources, very few are privy to a club or agent leaking info but it does happen.

He got a load of abuse about he was expecting Torres to leave LFC at the end of the window..that turned out right in the end.

He is more reliable about the goings on in the Spanish League but I get your point most of the ITK are way of the mark and just guess work from other media sources, very few are privy to a club or agent leaking info but it does happen.

well I guess we'll find out this week which will be the big one for many clubs in the window.