Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

so now that that international nonsense is out of the way it's back to the proper stuff. and no doubt a MOTM performance from david de gea against us on his return not to mention that porker rooney's tail will be up after his england record thing. i always have zero expectation of getting anything at all from old trafford but in a way i'm glad we've had the long two week break after that west ham debacle.

can see no reason not to go there all guns blazing to be honest. if we go meek and try to sit back we'll invite them on and we're not really very good at that. but this isn't a particularly strong united side so i reckon i'd go out and take it to them, ideally in a 4-4-2 diamond shape, and possibly with moreno coming in for gomez.

bugger of a kickoff time here too what with chiang mai's midnight curfew at the minute.

so now that that international nonsense is out of the way it's back to the proper stuff. and no doubt a MOTM performance from david de gea against us on his return not to mention that porker rooney's tail will be up after his england record thing. i always have zero expectation of getting anything at all from old trafford but in a way i'm glad we've had the long two week break after that west ham debacle.

can see no reason not to go there all guns blazing to be honest. if we go meek and try to sit back we'll invite them on and we're not really very good at that. but this isn't a particularly strong united side so i reckon i'd go out and take it to them, ideally in a 4-4-2 diamond shape, and possibly with moreno coming in for gomez.

bugger of a kickoff time here too what with chiang mai's midnight curfew at the minute.

Theres nothing to fear from van Gaal's United. No pace, no movement, slow tempo, just grind grind grind.

Your center backs must stay alert to the big hoof up to Fellaini, all part of van Gaal's total football at Old Trafford but aside of that root one elbows up stuff, nothing much to concern about from what i can see.

Bit harsh on United maybe but they're just Moyes+260m spent

• Like 1

Theres nothing to fear from van Gaal's United. No pace, no movement, slow tempo, just grind grind grind.

Your center backs must stay alert to the big hoof up to Fellaini, all part of van Gaal's total football at Old Trafford but aside of that root one elbows up stuff, nothing much to concern about from what i can see.

Bit harsh on United maybe but they're just Moyes+260m spent

yeah a mate yesterday described van gaal's united as 'blunt', which i think isn't a bad description really. used to be you were frightened of their pace, movement and goal threats, they don't have them like they used to. our two CBs will need to have a good game like you say and we'll need to play lucas in front of them but there's no reason we can't actually take the game to them.

that said though it's united at old trafford and anything can happen. coutinho being out is obviously a blow for us but hopefully henderson is fit enough to come back in. michael oliver is referee and he loves dishing out the yellow cards.

Bit brave that stevie, even with United''s current weaknesses, to go to OT to take them on is an all or nothing strategy. Who would be at the front of the diamond?

Bit brave that stevie, even with United''s current weaknesses, to go to OT to take them on is an all or nothing strategy. Who would be at the front of the diamond?

i don't think we've anything to lose really boj. if we sit back and invite them on it's risking being penned into our own half. front of the diamond is probably lallana if he's fit - i'm not sure firmino is quite ready for this match yet.

i don't think we've anything to lose really boj. if we sit back and invite them on it's risking being penned into our own half. front of the diamond is probably lallana if he's fit - i'm not sure firmino is quite ready for this match yet.

Yeah it's a dilemma alright. Still think I'd be a tad more cautious at the start and pack the midfield, get the OT crowd nervous and on the players backs. Then second half, switch it, we know LVG can't handle an opposition who switches it around biggrin.png

Yeah it's a dilemma alright. Still think I'd be a tad more cautious at the start and pack the midfield, get the OT crowd nervous and on the players backs. Then second half, switch it, we know LVG can't handle an opposition who switches it around biggrin.png

we could take a lot from how swansea beat them recently actually. they switched to a 4-4-2 diamond in the second half and united didn't seem to know who was supposed to be picking up who.

Firmino for me....Ings up front as well. He scared them at the toilet for BFC last year.

'Please don't try and get round the profanity filter by attaching a jpeg thumbsup.gif

Eh? Leave the Chang alone Mr BJbiggrin.png

I removed the post but the person knows what I was referring to.

I'm in Saudi again. No Chang's here wilai sad.png Not that that's my tipple anyway

Stay off the sid :-)

• Like 1

'Please don't try and get round the profanity filter by attaching a jpeg thumbsup.gif

Eh? Leave the Chang alone Mr BJbiggrin.png

I removed the post but the person knows what I was referring to.

I'm in Saudi again. No Chang's here wilai sad.png Not that that's my tipple anyway

I do & I apologise.

No surprise there then.

What a load o' <deleted> against a <deleted> average United.

The whole team looks tentative, clueless, passionless, no movement, no forward outlet or creativity.. Mignolet, Skrtel and Lovren look like they started playing football last week. Danny Ings was the only lad worth w mention, aside Benteke's goal.

What was the point in playing in our own half for 45 minutes when United were there for the taking, why not change it after 20 minutes and go at them. Why, because the manager hasn't a <deleted> clue.

<deleted> dross, we never had a chance with those tactics today. After watching United the last few weeks, there was no better time to play United at Old Trafford than today but our boss didn't think so.

Best get on the horn to Klopp chop chop.

• Like 1