Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The starting eleven looked decent enough on paper and the formation did allow us to play more aggressively by helping the wing backs such as Moreno and Clyne and starting with two forwards at the top of the field was a welcome change also.

We just lack that killer instinct and even though Lovren was dropped - we still have to live in fear that Mignolet is either going to kick it the opposition or as he did, punch it to them instead... that really was the most feeble attempt at a punch away. He's started to flap again isn't he.

Coutinho and Strurridge both had a clear chance to score - absolutely no composure, which really is an indication were the teams mentality is at right now.

Look it was much improved in terms of our possession but its still no near good enough, too slow and timid - I mean Norwich at home !!

Eight points out of a possible eighteen - sackable surely ?

Jason McAteer, who still works around the club on LFCtv and is a regular on bEIN made some good points last night regarding Rodgers and FSG.

If FSG were going to sack Rodgers, they would have done it in the summer instead of giving him a bunch of money to spend. They aren't going to sack him because they are not interested in winning trophies or CL football. FSG want a man who will do as they want in the transfer market, i.e. sell our best players for a profit and buy potential. Meanwhile we hover around the top half of the table while the new stand is being built. The club is now valued at 650M and obviously will be worth more when the main stands is finished. Once the stand is built FSG will sell for a tidy profit on the 300M purchase price.

The only way the owners hand will be forced by the fans if these results continue through Christmas.

There are some staggering stats attached to Rodgers tenure, we have let in 3 goals in a match 24 times and not scored more than 1 goal in a match in the last 18 home matches.

I don't see how Rodgers can turn this around, on the back of last season, that is 15 points from the last 15 matches.

We've been mugged by another pair of yanks, they're just doing it better than the last pair.

That's my impression as well. It'll take a fan rebellion to force the owner's hand.

• Like 1

The starting eleven looked decent enough on paper and the formation did allow us to play more aggressively by helping the wing backs such as Moreno and Clyne and starting with two forwards at the top of the field was a welcome change also.

We just lack that killer instinct and even though Lovren was dropped - we still have to live in fear that Mignolet is either going to kick it the opposition or as he did, punch it to them instead... that really was the most feeble attempt at a punch away. He's started to flap again isn't he.

Coutinho and Strurridge both had a clear chance to score - absolutely no composure, which really is an indication were the teams mentality is at right now.

Look it was much improved in terms of our possession but its still no near good enough, too slow and timid - I mean Norwich at home !!

Eight points out of a possible eighteen - sackable surely ?

Jason McAteer, who still works around the club on LFCtv and is a regular on bEIN made some good points last night regarding Rodgers and FSG.

If FSG were going to sack Rodgers, they would have done it in the summer instead of giving him a bunch of money to spend. They aren't going to sack him because they are not interested in winning trophies or CL football. FSG want a man who will do as they want in the transfer market, i.e. sell our best players for a profit and buy potential. Meanwhile we hover around the top half of the table while the new stand is being built. The club is now valued at 650M and obviously will be worth more when the main stands is finished. Once the stand is built FSG will sell for a tidy profit on the 300M purchase price.

The only way the owners hand will be forced by the fans if these results continue through Christmas.

There are some staggering stats attached to Rodgers tenure, we have let in 3 goals in a match 24 times and not scored more than 1 goal in a match in the last 18 home matches.

I don't see how Rodgers can turn this around, on the back of last season, that is 15 points from the last 15 matches.

We've been mugged by another pair of yanks, they're just doing it better than the last pair.

That's my impression as well. It'll take a fan rebellion to force the owner's hand.

Nah. When the heat turns up on FSG, they'll burn Rodgers first in an attempt to deflect the attention. Well, that's what I'd do tongue.png

• Like 1

Next two games being Carlisle and Villa offer Rodgers a great chance of two straight wins and the opportunity to gain some momentum. However, i really don't think any version of failure is an option this week. You'll probably see whether or not he still has the dressing room too.

Football websites suggest the clamoring for Klopp is becoming rather deafening.

Next two games being Carlisle and Villa offer Rodgers a great chance of two straight wins and the opportunity to gain some momentum. However, i really don't think any version of failure is an option this week. You'll probably see whether or not he still has the dressing room too.

i don't see us going for klopp, he isn't an FSG-type appointment.

these owners are absolutely no interested in success on the pitch.

My reasoning behind this goes with Klopps ability to build a team with little or no budget and replace when top player are sold off. Surely that would appeal to Henry and Werner?

For the fans he would bring enthusiasm, heaps of top level experience and dare i say it, hope for the beginning of a new era.

My reasoning behind this goes with Klopps ability to build a team with little or no budget and replace when top player are sold off. Surely that would appeal to Henry and Werner?

For the fans he would bring enthusiasm, heaps of top level experience and dare i say it, hope for the beginning of a new era.

I agree with Stevie but also think that it still could be Klopp if only for the fact it would add stability, keep value in the club and it keeps GSG on the right path to exit

maybe. but klopp strikes me as the sort to speak his mind towards the owners and apparently they neither like nor want that.

nobody really knows what john henry wants, the guy has made being disengaged into an art form. we know he likes baseball and commercial deals with dunkin' donuts.

i'd love us to get klopp in tomorrow for exactly the reasons you say, but i just don't see it happening with these in charge. we've been steadily managed downwards in quality by them and their mission seems to be to increase the value of the club, get the new stand extension finished so that we're valued at something in the region of £650m or so and then they sell us for a hefty profit on their £300m buy price or whatever it was. they're carpet baggers.

Thought it would have been full of life on here with all this talk of Ancellotti maybe coming on board!!

We're more worried about Carlisle.

correct. strong team hopefully and let's get a morale-boosting win in.

i'd love ancelotti in but i don't see the owners doing it. he's ideal really. knows how to win.

• Like 1

But who would take over stevie? Even as an interim

at this point mate it feels like any change would be a boost. gary mac even given his dubious managerial record. it should have been done in the summer though. and i'd give my grandma's eye teeth for ancelotti right now. it's rotten and we need to stop the rot, we're not going to get any better under brendan.