Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Watched it this morning, and I'm afraid that's as bad as it gets.

I had a season ticket for 28 years before moving here 10 years ago.

You cannot blame individual players for a bad team performance, everyone must

take some responsibility, but the fact is that Brendan has had enough time to

sort it out, and if anything, we are going backwards.

Four consecutive home games: Norwich, Carlisle, Villa and Sion, and against

3 of them we cannot beat of them over 90 minutes ! Add to that the state Villa

are in at the moment, and we only scraped past them, it is nothing short of a

disgrace !

He has to go now, but with his luck we will probably get an against the odds

result against them on Sunday, and he will declare that we are 'back on course'.

Oh, and by the way, next season we will not have Coutinho. On no account will he

stay once the Spanish offers come in.

StevieH,

The good English players in the EPL are the minority that's why the England team

suffers at every major cup competition.

There just isn't enough English players that are good enough and the problem stems

from grass root development.

Why do you think there are so many foreign international players playing in the EPL?

because it pays really well.

why don't any of the english players go and play abroad and learn different styles and ways of playing in la liga, the bundesliga, serie a? because the premier league pays too well.

grass roots development is absolutely at the centre of the problem yes, but "there just isn't enough english players that are good enough" is too simplistic. the style of football that they're encouraged to play at a young age, and that is sold to the world by sky and the premier league, is kick and rush and physicality first.

How many academy games have you seen to form that opinion ?

Well the academy games i use to go and watch between 1998 and 2003 were never kick and rush, i think your doing the academies an injustice for suggesting that, two of the players i happened to watch at that time were Shelvey and Wilshere, neither of whom were encouraged to play kick and rush and both were on the small side.

The problem aint really with the academies they produce players that are very suitably skilled, matching most other countries. Where the prob lies, and the clubs admit it , is transfering those skilled youth players into first team players. A simple and imo v realistic way to look at it is , clubs fail to turn boys into men and the ans is? Edited by rijit

oh aye, i want danny sturridge to score five goals in ten minutes.

Ian Rush was the last Liverpool player to do that wasn't he Stevie. Don't remember anybody else doing it since and don't know how many minutes he did it in though

rushie scored 4 mate, 1982. we won 5-0 at goodison and mark 'lawro' lawrenson scored the other. rush's 4 were right across the duration of the match though.

• Like 1

oh aye, i want danny sturridge to score five goals in ten minutes.

Ian Rush was the last Liverpool player to do that wasn't he Stevie. Don't remember anybody else doing it since and don't know how many minutes he did it in though

rushie scored 4 mate, 1982. we won 5-0 at goodison and mark 'lawro' lawrenson scored the other. rush's 4 were right across the duration of the match though.

Ah, cheers stevie. I stand corrected. Don't know why but thought Rushy was in the 5 club.

Felt like a proper Derby at times that..some passion shown by the likes of Can, Sakho, Ings more than most, but we ultimately lacked quality and composure at both ends.

Mad season looking at the table right now !

Edited by Devil

Brendan Rodgers has been sacked!

Disappointed with the result and overall performance, but I think

it is a blessing in disguise.

I wish him well for the future but his recent performances, starting

with the latter end of last season, have not been up to standard.

Whoever takes over must insist they scrap the 'transfer committee'.

He should be allowed to choose who he thinks is good enough to play

for the club, because, at the end of the day, the responsibility

lies on his shoulders.

There will be no shortage of applicants, not just for the salary

involved, but they will realise that they cannot do any worse than

Brendan has done.

In my view they already have the replacement lined up, and whoever

it is will be installed before the end of the week.

• Like 1

Klopp for me all the way for me ,descent track record,likes to play high tempo pressing football plus he's nuttier than a squirrel's turd!

That, for me, is the only thing going against him. Yes, he is the man for the job.

However, FSG will look for a 'yes' man who is willing not to upset the apple cart.

They will look for another 'Brendan' who does not have as many cashews in his faeces !

Ironic they sack Rodgers after,arguably,Liverpools best result in about 10 matches !

But you have to say it was on the cards......they have been under performing for quite a while now.

Interesting to see who gets the job......cant see Ancellotti coming myself......Klopp must be the favourite but what if Mourinho walks away from Chelsea and he could have had the managers job at Stamford Bridge instead.

Theres always a safe pair of hands like Neil Warnock,I spose !! wai2.gif

I suppose it was too much to hope that Klopp would still be around when the Prof decided to call it a day.

Still, Martinez should be maturing nicely by then!

BTW, anyone know why Martinez speaks such fluent vernacular English (like no other Spaniard I have heard). Did he get educated in the UK or marry a Brit or something?

Well,Dietmar Hamann is experienced in Conference football having managed Stockport County who are now in the Conference North !

Maybe the American owners are preparing for a worse case scenario when Tranmere Rovers become Merseysides second club ! whistling.gif

I suppose it was too much to hope that Klopp would still be around when the Prof decided to call it a day.

Still, Martinez should be maturing nicely by then!

BTW, anyone know why Martinez speaks such fluent vernacular English (like no other Spaniard I have heard). Did he get educated in the UK or marry a Brit or something?

martinez moved to the UK when he was about 20 to play for wigan and he's married to a scottish lass. so he's been pretty native british for over 20 years. ever heard jan molby or peter schmeichel speak btw?

Well,Dietmar Hamann is experienced in Conference football having managed Stockport County who are now in the Conference North !

Maybe the American owners are preparing for a worse case scenario when Tranmere Rovers become Merseysides second club ! whistling.gif

it's hamann's experience and older head around the players that we need, he was a great talker and mentor when he was a player at the club. he'd be a coach, nothing more.

• Like 1

"it's hamann's experience and older head around the players that we need, he was a great talker and mentor when he was a player at the club."

Lost the plot a bit now tho'......was rabbiting yesterday that Can should have received a Red for attempting an overhead kick at goalsad.png

• Like 1

"it's hamann's experience and older head around the players that we need, he was a great talker and mentor when he was a player at the club."

Lost the plot a bit now tho'......was rabbiting yesterday that Can should have received a Red for attempting an overhead kick at goalsad.png

oh aye didi's rubbish in the media and on twitter and that, but apparently as an actual influence over the players he's still well-respected. i dunno though, he's spent a good few years just drinking and smoking and reading the racing post now. think i wouldn't mind seeing someone like sami hyypia back as a defensive coach or something.

• Like 1