Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

But who would take over stevie? Even as an interim

at this point mate it feels like any change would be a boost. gary mac even given his dubious managerial record. it should have been done in the summer though. and i'd give my grandma's eye teeth for ancelotti right now. it's rotten and we need to stop the rot, we're not going to get any better under brendan.

The appointment has to be Ancelotti or Klopp, surely?

But who would take over stevie? Even as an interim

at this point mate it feels like any change would be a boost. gary mac even given his dubious managerial record. it should have been done in the summer though. and i'd give my grandma's eye teeth for ancelotti right now. it's rotten and we need to stop the rot, we're not going to get any better under brendan.

The appointment has to be Ancelotti or Klopp, surely?

common sense would say go all out to get one of those two, yes. i don't particularly trust these owners to do so though.

Rodgers presser highlights:

Firmino might have broken bone in his back

Lovren has a broken ankle

No timeline on Benteke return

Rodgers up for the fight but knows he's not safe, will always respect the owners come what may, asks fans to keep faith in the team

^It could just be that I don't like seeing a man on the floor take a kicking.!

He's not. He's paid a huge salary and is being judged on results and performance. Just like anyone is.

After four years he's still asking for patience. He's still talking about his philosophy. Can you or anyone for that matter explain what his philosophy is? i think it was "pass the ball to Suarez' until the guy was sold.

• Like 1

he'll also get a payoff of millions of pounds for failing at his job. if i get sacked from mine i'm lucky to get away with a few paperclips and a stapler.

i don't like seeing liverpool 'fans' throw abuse at him kurt, he doesn't deserve that, he's not roy hodgson. but he is finished, if we aren't getting new owners we absolutely have to get a new manager at this point. club is dying the death of a thousand cuts at the moment.

• Like 1

phew... manager, players and fans needed that win !

We made it hard for ourselves at times, still looked nervy and playing with slow tempo in that first half.

Sturridge just shows what a difference a top quality striker can make.

• Like 2

So that's Advocaat favourite for the chop, esp. if the barcodes turn over Chelski. Brendan's bought himself some time.

We play Everton away on Sunday, that will be the game that buys him more time if we win it well.

Edited by BangrakBob

So that's Advocaat favourite for the chop, esp. if the barcodes turn over Chelski. Brendan's bought himself some time.

We play Everton away on Sunday, that will be the game that buys him more time if we win it well.

we're not going to beat everton away mate. they'll be up for it and we can't defend. sturridge was a lovely bright light today but we'll still concede 2 or 3 at woodison.

we're not going to beat everton away mate. they'll be up for it and we can't defend. sturridge was a lovely bright light today but we'll still concede 2 or 3 at woodison.

They were 2 ordinary goals conceded today, fortunate for the bit of Sturridge brilliance at the end of the day.

They were 2 ordinary goals conceded today, fortunate for the bit of Sturridge brilliance at the end of the day.

thought they were both avoidable mate really. skrtel's shit scared of big physical forwards like gestede. but we're still so fragile. 13/14 it was ok to concede because we knew suarez, sterling and sturridge would score more. danny was boss today though. great to have him back.

• Like 1

^ Yup.....wish I hadn't bothered. Was the same old same old!!!!coffee1.gif Players played out of position, losing confidence as a result. Especially Ibe who was shocking, having started as LWB then switched to RWB at half time. Origi wasn't bad (apart from the fact he kept aiming at the keeper's legs, as did Lallana). Defence was all over the shop due to changes in personnel/positioning.

Booed off the park against a mid table Swiss team...who (I think) lost to a Liechtenstein outfit at the weekend!!!!

For the first time in my memory, I think the trickies will be favourites at the weekend. Doesn't get any worse than thatbah.gif Rodgers has to go otherwise we are screwed!

• Like 1

It's all a Spanish conspiracy to incontrovertibly establish La Liga as the premier world league. It probably has been for a couple of years now - much more strength in depth than previously, though they still have a few guaranteed 6 pointers at the bottom which we have rarely had.

Prem will still sell well world wide - it's that natural language advantage we have outside South America and Iberia.

With no team gripping the Prem this year and most top 6 stuttering I'm sure Scuddamore must be banking on the Palaces and Leicesters of this world to keep on putting a bit of pizazz into the game. Plus possibly Spurs renascence?

Back to normal if the likes of Sanchez, Hazard, Aguero, Rooney, Sturridge get/keep fit and recover their mojos. It's all about the forwards when it comes to popular response to the game, though I would argue that in reality it is all about defence and there lies the real problem for the Prem. You can count the decent defences in the Prem on .... err, no you can't!

• Like 1

It's all a Spanish conspiracy to incontrovertibly establish La Liga as the premier world league. It probably has been for a couple of years now - much more strength in depth than previously, though they still have a few guaranteed 6 pointers at the bottom which we have rarely had.

Prem will still sell well world wide - it's that natural language advantage we have outside South America and Iberia.

With no team gripping the Prem this year and most top 6 stuttering I'm sure Scuddamore must be banking on the Palaces and Leicesters of this world to keep on putting a bit of pizazz into the game. Plus possibly Spurs renascence?

Back to normal if the likes of Sanchez, Hazard, Aguero, Rooney, Sturridge get/keep fit and recover their mojos. It's all about the forwards when it comes to popular response to the game, though I would argue that in reality it is all about defence and there lies the real problem for the Prem. You can count the decent defences in the Prem on .... err, no you can't!

That's my take as the main weakness.

That's my take as the main weakness.

and the premier league sells itself on being the "most exciting league in the world". for "most exciting", read most error-strewn. 100mph kick and rush football in which physicality is still, even today, prized over technique. and then each time a world cup comes around there's the usual debate about why the overpaid england players aren't able to get out of the group stages and why they can't keep possession of the football. it's because you reap what you sow.

• Like 1

StevieH,

The good English players in the EPL are the minority that's why the England team

suffers at every major cup competition.

There just isn't enough English players that are good enough and the problem stems

from grass root development.

Why do you think there are so many foreign international players playing in the EPL?

StevieH,

The good English players in the EPL are the minority that's why the England team

There just isn't enough English players that are good enough and the problem stems

Why do you think there are so many foreign international players playing in the EPL?

Natural ability is what it is all about and we don't have enough players with enough of it, nothing you can do about it i'm afraid, your either born with it or you ain't sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

StevieH,

because it pays really well.

why don't any of the english players go and play abroad and learn different styles and ways of playing in la liga, the bundesliga, serie a? because the premier league pays too well.

grass roots development is absolutely at the centre of the problem yes, but "there just isn't enough english players that are good enough" is too simplistic. the style of football that they're encouraged to play at a young age, and that is sold to the world by sky and the premier league, is kick and rush and physicality first.

StevieH,

because it pays really well.

why don't any of the english players go and play abroad and learn different styles and ways of playing in la liga, the bundesliga, serie a? because the premier league pays too well.

grass roots development is absolutely at the centre of the problem yes, but "there just isn't enough english players that are good enough" is too simplistic. the style of football that they're encouraged to play at a young age, and that is sold to the world by sky and the premier league, is kick and rush and physicality first.

How many academy games have you seen to form that opinion ?

Well the academy games i use to go and watch between 1998 and 2003 were never kick and rush, i think your doing the academies an injustice for suggesting that, two of the players i happened to watch at that time were Shelvey and Wilshere, neither of whom were encouraged to play kick and rush and both were on the small side.

• Like 1