Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Klopp being on sabbatical might bode well. I may give you the opportunity to replace Rodgers quickly by coaxing Klopp back early. It just looks such a good fit.

This should happen soon than later, what with a difficult set of fixtures to contend with in the near future.

Does Brendon still think Can's a right back?! He'll destroy this lad too!!! You couldn't make it up biggrin.png

think the biggest obstacle to getting klopp is FSG. they don't show the ambition or drive that's needed for liverpool to make the quantum leap back into the top 4 and to competing. i don't think it's a priority for them. their priorities are commercial, about brand-building and eventually selling the club for a profit.

Another question for Brendon Rodgers, the manager appealing season on season for time and patience as his team regresses.

Firmino is a number10 that likes to drift to the left. Coutinho is out. So, in a 433 why on earth does he choose to play Firmino on the right and Ings on the left?

this is just schoolboy.

Rodgers keeps changing formations and moving players out of position, Ings looked more like a defensive midlfielder on Sunday and the more he changes the worse the team gets.

Why play a young inexperienced Gomez as a left back. Why persist with Milner in the middle when he is not effective enough there.

Why have we only got 1 real winger and why did we loan out the only other one. Why do we have Benteke upfront on his own when we are not crossing to him or playing off him. Why have we gone from possession football, to counter attacking football. Why is Lovren even on the park instead of Sakho.

How have we managed to overhaul the squad again this summer and the backroom staff but the same problems that plagued our football last season are still very much apparent.

There is no identity, the team has no confidence in what it is doing on the park, the regression has been going on for the best part of last season and continued in to this season, how much time do we give him? In the modern game he has had more than most, Kenny won a trophy and was given the hook, Moyes got 8 months?

There is no chance this man is going to bring Liverpool success, he doesn't have the bottle, the tactical acumen, nor the experience of a winner and the LFC manager's job weighs too heavy on his shoulders.

I'd rather lose every week under a caretaker manager playing attractive football and having a go than watch that clueless rubbish.

Playing Lovren over Sakho is criminal. Rodgers should be hauled out to explain that one.

Aside of that, aren't you all sick to death of him bleating on about you all identifying with his philosophy of the direction forward and all that other BS he comes out with, whilst constantly promoting himself? He's an idiot that got lucky one season due to a magnificent set of forwards at the very top of their game and it had sweet fa to do with him.

Those pre and post match words were once spoken with real belief and confidence, but the verbatim catch phrases have become hollow, at times baffling and you could see Sunday evening he must barely believe them himself anymore.

Not sure about being an idiot who got lucky, but he has had enough time to prove himself and 2013/14 or not he is regressing. Aside the odd manager like Ferguson or Wenger, other great managers don't last a long time in one job, Pep, Jurgen, Jose, Rafa, Carlos why should this unproven manager be given more time?

Edited by BangrakBob

I'd love Klopp at Arsenal, being saying that for 2 seasons. Not sure our ownership has the motivation to take such a sparky character or the motivating powers to convince him that they (aka he - Stan) want any more than no financial risks, top 4 + an occasional trophy.

You boys do seem a bit upset with Brenda!!!

Stevie G, whom I believe most of you, if not all, have the upmost respect for, speaks glowingly about him in his new book!!

Speaks highly of his man management skills and tactical acumen!!!!

What do you make of that??

genius and legend of a player, very capable of being a gobshite off the pitch. his comments about mourinho and benitez are just a big pile of balls to most liverpool supporters i think.

Stevie G, whom I believe most of you, if not all, have the upmost respect for, speaks glowingly about him in his new book!!

Maybe Stevie thought he was getting a new contract when he wrote it.

• Like 1

Sad to say I have to agree. It is unlikely that adding Sturrige and Henderson will take us back to the top, but it seems that is what we are really hoping for. It is the game plan that is our downfall not the players. I'm sure we have players who can play better football than we are seeing. I found it strange that Benteke was alone for so long,m and thought we would have had Firminiho and Ibe attacking the Utd defense. Just because we didn't have Coutinhio shouldn't have meant that we had to be so defensive. We bought players that I thought would increase our attacking options, so why aren't they doing it? And yeah, Lovren has had long enough to fit in. That is something that is also worrying to me. Why do we buy players who seem great and then self destruct at Liverpool? I would suggest we stop buying players to alter the way they play, and use players for what they are good at.beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 2

genius and legend of a player, very capable of being a gobshite off the pitch. his comments about mourinho and benitez are just a big pile of balls to most liverpool supporters i think.

Stevie G seems to be a man of principle. Could have left Liverpool over the years, but decided to stay. Fair play to him.Turned down millions to go play in Qatar, again turned it down, because he felt it was better for his family in America.

So, it seems to me as if his head is not easily turned by money.

I think he has had a healthy respect for Mourinho for years. I have read several comments from him over the years saying the same.

Surprised me about Rafa, but I see no reason why he would lie about it.

I think you are being a bit hard on someone who is the opposite of the plastic millionaire playboys gracing our premiership now, by calling him 'a gobshite off the pitch'

IMHO, he is Liverpool through and through and speaks from the heart.

Stevie G seems to be a man of principle. Could have left Liverpool over the years, but decided to stay. Fair play to him.Turned down millions to go play in Qatar, again turned it down, because he felt it was better for his family in America.

So, it seems to me as if his head is not easily turned by money.

I think he has had a healthy respect for Mourinho for years. I have read several comments from him over the years saying the same.

Surprised me about Rafa, but I see no reason why he would lie about it.

I think you are being a bit hard on someone who is the opposite of the plastic millionaire playboys gracing our premiership now, by calling him 'a gobshite off the pitch'

IMHO, he is Liverpool through and through and speaks from the heart.

Oh don't get me wrong jack, I love Stevie unconditionally. It just seems odd to me that someone like him who like the fans is LFC through and through could ever under-appreciate Benitez. maybe they didn't have the closest relationship but Benitez was still responsible for Istanbul and making Gerrard the best player in the world for a spell. Not to mention what the man was having to do off the pitch against Hicks and Gillett.

Carragher did similar after he retired. It's disappointing to read from guys you respect. And I just disagree with them.

• Like 1

supposed team tonight is 3 at the back again.

Mignolet Gomez, Toure, Sakho Ibe (wing back), Rossiter, Emre Can, Moreno (wing back) Lallana, Coutinho Origi

big night for brendan this. don't want to be going into norwich on sunday having lost 3 on the bounce or the atmosphere will be poisonous.

supposed team tonight is 3 at the back again.

Mignolet Gomez, Toure, Sakho Ibe (wing back), Rossiter, Emre Can, Moreno (wing back) Lallana, Coutinho Origi

big night for brendan this. don't want to be going into norwich on sunday having lost 3 on the bounce or the atmosphere will be poisonous.

Well that looks positive for this match, I'll leave it at that and see what happens tonight.

• Like 1

Love this ,now let's allow him to fight...

#‎LFC‬ are delighted to confirm Mamadou Sakho has put pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the club.

The Frenchman said: “I am a Liverpool soldier and when Liverpool need me, I try to give my best. I am happy to stay as a Scouser!"

For more details on Sakho committing his future to the Reds, head here: http://bit.ly/1iCh0u7

• Like 1

#‎LFC‬ are delighted to confirm Mamadou Sakho has put pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the club.

The Frenchman said: “I am a Liverpool soldier and when Liverpool need me, I try to give my best. I am happy to stay as a Scouser!"

For more details on Sakho committing his future to the Reds, head here: http://bit.ly/1iCh0u7

Well thats all very well and good news i suppose but you need a manager that has a football brain that will tell him to play the guy.

Benches Sakho and starts with Lovren!! whistling.gif

Edited by carmine

Well thats all very well and good news i suppose but you need a manager that has a football brain that will tell him to play the guy.

Benches Sakho and starts with Lovren!! whistling.gif

and out of sheer stubbornness too. sakho's clearly a better player and we defend better with him in the team. who 'signed' him shouldn't bloody matter.

christ. will dissect that properly tomorrow. but <deleted> me we are just terrified of everyone aren't we. we're so, so scared and opponents smell it and know they'll get something off it.

Thats what i saw too and the loss of Henderson is a cruel blow because whats clearly needed is a player that can take the midfield by the scruff of the neck.

The starting eleven looked decent enough on paper and the formation did allow us to play more aggressively by helping the wing backs such as Moreno and Clyne and starting with two forwards at the top of the field was a welcome change also.

We just lack that killer instinct and even though Lovren was dropped - we still have to live in fear that Mignolet is either going to kick it the opposition or as he did, punch it to them instead... that really was the most feeble attempt at a punch away. He's started to flap again isn't he.

Coutinho and Strurridge both had a clear chance to score - absolutely no composure, which really is an indication were the teams mentality is at right now.

Look it was much improved in terms of our possession but its still no near good enough, too slow and timid - I mean Norwich at home !!

Eight points out of a possible eighteen - sackable surely ?

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1