Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scouse, I hope the England boys have as much luck as your lot did tonight. :D

Bloody penalty at the end, think i needed 2-2 for the prediction league. How he didn't give it, I never know, but maybe Carragher has been watching to much of the other sport. :o

Great derby match ( because Liverpool won :D ).

Credit to Everton for providing some entertainment :o . Seriously though , it was an exciting game and either team could have won. The turning point for Everton was obviously the first red card , after Hibbert got dismissed you looked a bit shaky but credit has to be given to Moyes for sticking with 2 up front and going for the win.

The turning point for Liverpool though was when for some unknown reason Rafa took Steven Gerrard off with 20 minutes left.

He was our best player on the pitch and the reason we were back in the game. I do remember seeing just prior to Gerrard's substitution Rafa screaming Gerrard's name countless times. Now this couldn't have been to tell him he was coming off.

I think maybe he was giving him instructions and Gerrard wasn't listening so he took him off to show him who's boss.

Well Rafa was bailed out in stoppage time so for now I'm just going to enjoy this victory :D:D:D .

Scouse, I hope the England boys have as much luck as your lot did tonight. :D

Bloody penalty at the end, think i needed 2-2 for the prediction league. How he didn't give it, I never know, but maybe Carragher has been watching to much of the other sport. :o

So do I :D ....................... but good teams do create their own luck :D:D .

Everton 1-2 Liverpool

999999.gif

</B>

Dirk Kuyt's injury-time penalty gave Liverpool a crucial Merseyside derby win against nine-man Everton.

Sami Hyypia sliced into his own goal after 37 minutes to give Everton the lead at the interval.

But Kuyt scored from the spot after 54 minutes when Tony Hibbert was sent off for hauling down Steven Gerrard as he raced clear on goal.

And Kuyt struck again in time added on, with Phil Neville also sent off for handling Lucas' goal-bound shot.

Everton were then furious with referee Mark Clattenburg, who ignored strong claims for a spot-kick in the dying seconds when Jamie Carragher clearly dragged down Joleon Lescott.

Liverpool were without groin-injury victim Fernando Torres, while Everton resisted the temptation to recall long-term absentees Tim Cahill, Thomas Gravesen and James Vaughan.

o.gif Benitez's side started better and should have taken the lead in the fourth minute when Andriy Voronin shot straight at Everton keeper Tim Howard after Hibbert's hesitation let in Yossi Benayoun.

Everton, however, quickly came to terms with Liverpool's system and Lescott was a constant threat down the left flank.

John Arne Riise had a long-range free-kick deflected just wide, but Liverpool were in danger of losing their early momentum.

Victor Anichebe had two headers off target before Everton took the lead with a freak goal eight minutes before the interval.

Alan Stubbs retrieved a corner and crossed into the area, where Hyypia inexplicably lashed the ball past his own keeper Pepe Reina with his left foot.

Liverpool needed a break to get back into the game and they got it via a penalty and a red card for Everton's Hibbert.

Gerrard led a Liverpool break with a surge into the area where he was hauled down by Hibbert.

Referee Clattenburg pointed the spot and sent Hibbert off before Kuyt sent Howard the wrong way from the spot for his first league goal of the season.

Liverpool then attempted to make their most of their numerical advantage, with Riise shooting wildly over when unmarked and then Voronin having a shot blocked by Howard from close range.

Yakubu, who had been having a quiet afternoon, almost restored Everton's lead with a stunning 30-yard drive that whistled inched wide with Reina beaten.

Benitez then sprung a surprise with 20 minutes left, sending on Brazilian youngster Lucas for Gerrard - who looked stunned to be called off.

As the game went into injury-time, Liverpool grabbed a lifeline when Neville dived to palm away Lucas' shot. Kuyt scored, but Everton were enraged when Carragher fouled Lescott in front of referee Clattenburg, who waved away their appeals.

Credit to Everton for providing some entertainment :o . Seriously though , it was an exciting game and either team could have won. The turning point for Everton was obviously the first red card , after Hibbert got dismissed you looked a bit shaky but credit has to be given to Moyes for sticking with 2 up front and going for the win.

The turning point for Liverpool though was when for some unknown reason Rafa took Steven Gerrard off with 20 minutes left.

He was our best player on the pitch and the reason we were back in the game. I do remember seeing just prior to Gerrard's substitution Rafa screaming Gerrard's name countless times. Now this couldn't have been to tell him he was coming off.

I think maybe he was giving him instructions and Gerrard wasn't listening so he took him off to show him who's boss.

Well Rafa was bailed out in stoppage time so for now I'm just going to enjoy this victory :D:D:D .

turning point for the bad though lid. gerrard was starting to open up the bitters. bizarre some of rafa's decisions.

f*** that though, we've just won the derby and im made up. thing is scouse mouse, we have to enjoy these games now. in a few years the away with everton will be the same as wigan away.

just another game in wooly land. but at least the lads can do their shopping on the way out.

again, happy day's

turning point for the bad though lid. gerrard was starting to open up the bitters. bizarre some of rafa's decisions.

f*** that though, we've just won the derby and im made up. thing is scouse mouse, we have to enjoy these games now. in a few years the away with everton will be the same as wigan away.

just another game in wooly land. but at least the lads can do their shopping on the way out.

again, happy day's

I dont mean this in a bad way, or in a way to wind you guys up, but I think its far from happy days. In my opinion RB hasnt got a clue when it comes to the Premiership. Tinkers too much. But the main reason I say it is either his ignorance or ineptitude in substituting Gerard.

1) He was the best player on the pitch,

2) Everton were down to 10 men, Gerard quite simply is the best at breaking defences down

3) Gerard is Liverpool through and through. You just dont take him off in a Derby game.

That to me tells me either RB doesnt understand or doesnt care.

Great result but trouble ahead methinks!!

again, happy day's

I dont mean this in a bad way, or in a way to wind you guys up, but I think its far from happy days. In my opinion RB hasnt got a clue when it comes to the Premiership. Tinkers too much. But the main reason I say it is either his ignorance or ineptitude in substituting Gerard.

2) Everton were down to 10 men, Gerard quite simply is the best at breaking defences down

3) Gerard is Liverpool through and through. You just dont take him off in a Derby game.

This is definetly not the last we've heard on this.

As I said , I saw Rafa screaming Gerrards name minutes before he was sustituted , and it wasnt to tell him he was coming of.

The look on Gerrard's face when his number came up said it all.

again, happy day's

This is definetly not the last we've heard on this.

As I said , I saw Rafa screaming Gerrards name minutes before he was sustituted , and it wasnt to tell him he was coming of.

The look on Gerrard's face when his number came up said it all.

rafa bemuses me sometimes. however, 2 european cup finals in 3 years. he knows what he's doing.

were 5 points better off this season than last at this point and you know we only get stronger. happy days for sure at the moment...no? :bah:

we will be more or less there abouts come may.

but to be honest i dont care tonight. the tesco's bluenose's got beat by the mighty red men today.

im a very happy man. well in lads

FULL TIME: Everton 1, Liverpool 2

TWO sendings-off followed by two Dirk Kuyt penalties wrecked Everton's hopes of taking the 206th Mereyside derby.

An incident-packed match was going the way of the home side at half-time as Everton led through a Sami Hyypia own goal.

But Tony Hibbert was sent off after he brought down Steven Gerrard early in the second half and Phil Neville followed for his injury-time handball that kept out a shot from Brazilian substitute Lucas.

Kuyt sent the ball to Tim Howard's left on both occasions to give Liverpool the three points.

Liverpool ran the show in the first 10 minutes and Yossi Benayoun, who got a bit of early joy on the left, set up the game's first chance for Andriy Voronin, who shot straight at Howard.

But once Everton managed to get a foothold in the game it soon became the tight, tetchy and often frantic affair that characterises so many Merseyside derbies.

Not helping the cause was the lack of creativity from midfield. With Neville and Phil Jagielka facing Momo Sissoko and Javier Mascherano in the centre there was plenty of fight but not much finesse.

But when they did manage to get the ball out wide, this looked like both sides' best outlet for making something happen and Leon Osman almost did when he skinned Hyypia and floated a dangerous chip that Pepe Reina had to desperately claw away.

This led to one of a series of set-pieces that Everton forced at regular intervals during the first half and this always looked their best hope of breaking the deadlock as they gradually began to get into the ascendancy.

And this proved to be the case after 38 minutes when Everton took the lead from a corner. It fell to Alan Stubbs on the right side of the box and he did brilliantly to dig out a cross that was flicked on by Joleon Lescott then sliced into his own net via the post by a bemused Hyypia.

With Lescott getting an alarming amount of space down the left, Everton sensed Liverpool were there for the taking and the England defender's cross was dragged narrowly wide by Osman before half-time.

Everton also started the second half piling on the pressure but it was from one of their own corners that the game took a turn for the worse for them as they lost both a player and the lead in the 52nd minute.

Voronin did well to follow up Benayoun's clearance and release Gerrard, who was tugged back by Hibbert as he closed in on goal. Gerrard went flying in the area to seal Hibbert's red card for a professional foul and Everton's misery was compounded when Kuyt tucked away the penalty.

John Arne Riise then blazed over a great chance to give Liverpool the lead as they tried to expose the extra gaps left by Hibbert's dismissal, although the outstanding Phil Neville moved back at right-back to retain the shape of Everton's back four.

And they almost regained the lead at the other end when Yakubu's half-volley from 25 yards almost crept inside the post.

Further sights of goal were wasted by Voronin (twice), Sissoko and Ryan Babel as Liverpool pressed for a late winner - and it arrived in injury time when Neville had no choice but to palm away Lucas's goalbound effort as he followed up Howard's save from Kuyt.

The Dutchman did the rest.

Everton finished the game complaining to Clattenburg that they should have had a last ditch penalty themselves for a foul on Lescott by Jamie Carragher. The official was booed off after being surrounded by home players.

EVERTON: Howard; Hibbert, Stubbs, Yobo, Lescott; Arteta, Jagielka, Neville, Osman; Anichebe (Baines 84), Yakubu (McFadden 78). Subs: Wessels. BOOKED: McFadden. SENT OFF: Hibbert, Neville.

LIVERPOOL: Reina; Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise; Gerrard (Lucas 72), Mascherano, Sissoko (Pennant 88), Benayoun (Babel 69); Kuyt, Voronin. Subs: Crouch, Itandje. BOOKED: Kuyt, Carragher.

REFEREE: Mark Clattenberg

keep saying im going to bed, but no chance, bottles getting done

ohhh, ohhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

weve the got the best midfield in the world,

we've got xabi alonso, momo sissoko, gerrard and mascheranoooooooooooooooooooooo

repeat to fade..........

keep saying im going to bed, but no chance, bottles getting done

weve the got the best midfield in the world,

we've got xabi alonso, momo sissoko, gerrard and mascheranoooooooooooooooooooooo

repeat to fade..........

You've got to stay up and watch the rugby aswell kopite mate , dont fade yet :o .

feeling very bad this morning, but this just helped

poor tesco tommy ha, ha, ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgUEl8YGqQ...ted&search=

You managed to get up in the morning kopite :D:D , for me it was late , late afternoon I woke up :D .

The rugby put a bit of a spoiler on a terrific night but if I had the choice on an England win or derby win then I think we all know what I'd choose :bah: .

I also smashed by own record (13) by drinking 15 big bottles of Leo last night :D , its a god job I'm on holiday :o !!!!!!!.

IMO , if we had Fernando Torres playing last night we would have put 4 or 5 past the bluesh#te.

A lot of Liverpool's chances were completely wasted , with Voronnin being the main culprit.

Rafa got away with some more strange decisions :o .

But for now lets savior the win , and then turn our attentions to the champions league game in turkey on wednesday ( a must win game ) . Plus on suday we play undefeated Arsenal , still a long way to go this week for Liverpool.

Here is Rafa's reason / excuse / call it want ever you want :o / decision for substituting Steven Gerrard in the derby last night :

" In this game , sometimes you need to play with the brain and we were playing with the heart. We needed to keep the ball and pass the ball ".

OUCH !!!!!!!!!.

Here is Rafa's reason / excuse / call it want ever you want :o / decision for substituting Steven Gerrard in the derby last night :

" In this game , sometimes you need to play with the brain and we were playing with the heart. We needed to keep the ball and pass the ball ".

OUCH !!!!!!!!!.

The citys all ours,the citys all ours.................

######in get in,still out...........................

PST.

Archived