Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

this weekend will be interesting, tif the blue <deleted> beat us, then things could start getting a bit ugly regarding Rafa. the forums are split 50/50 if he should stay or go allready.

trust us to be in a slump when we have to go to woodison

youll be calling for c_nts face head. when we knock another 3 past you on saturday (in rafa we trust) typical kopite, red <deleted>. peoples club rule, okay la.

I still can't decipher the waffle you post true blue , I thought the blue sh#te fans were supposed to have a great sense of humour and all that ,

I can't understand him either. Thought it was some sort of Scouse lingo thing going on

Believe me Mr b , the posts from trueblue are NOT scouse lingo :o .

Thats Okay then, because I thought being a backward Cornishman, that I didn't have a proper grasp of the English language North of the border (Tamar). :D

Well that makes 3 of us :D , I can sense a new thread coming on :D ( that's your job mrtoad :bah::o ).

Scouse, the use of the word 'la' on the end of the sentence leads me to suspect that he is Singaporean, or at least attempting to speak Singlish :D

Actually , I have to back trueblue up :bah: on the use of the word la -

la = mate \ friend ( in scouse ).

But he still makes no sense ;) .

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this weekend will be interesting, tif the blue <deleted> beat us, then things could start getting a bit ugly regarding Rafa. the forums are split 50/50 if he should stay or go allready.

youll be calling for c_nts face head. when we knock another 3 past you on saturday (in rafa we trust) typical kopite, red <deleted>. peoples club rule, okay la.

I still can't decipher the waffle you post true blue , I thought the blue sh#te fans were supposed to have a great sense of humour and all that ,

I can't understand him either. Thought it was some sort of Scouse lingo thing going on

Thats Okay then, because I thought being a backward Cornishman, that I didn't have a proper grasp of the English language North of the border (Tamar). :D

Well that makes 3 of us :D , I can sense a new thread coming on :D ( that's your job mrtoad :o;) ).

Scouse, the use of the word 'la' on the end of the sentence leads me to suspect that he is Singaporean, or at least attempting to speak Singlish :D

But he still makes no sense :D .

See my new thread, where all questions can be answered. :bah:

A bit more news and views from the Liverpool camp ahead of the derby :o , and news about footie boots :D :

Reds must step it up for derby

FORM pointers generally go out of the window when it comes to derby day.

Just as well, really, when you consider the recent form from both Liverpool and Everton.

To say it is patchy is an understatement but, as a result, it makes trying to predict the outcome of the Goodison clash on Saturday even trickier.

Some things, though, remain constant: The players won’t need motivating; the incentives are considerable as players look to impress the respective managers; the result is vital.

For Liverpool, in particular, the need to get back to some sort of consistent form is paramount.

Story continues arw_down.gif

ADVERTISEMENTempty.gif http://' target="_blank">

The disappointments of recent weeks has set the team back on their heels and the momentum gained from that promising early start has slowed, with only one Premier victory in the last four games.

However, they remain unbeaten in the league, but will have to produce an inspired performance against opponents who will inevitably be prepared for a battle.

Selection, to some extent at least, will hinge around injuries, particularly in the Reds camp. Fernando Torres has already proved an inspirational front man and Rafa Benitez will be hoping both he and Dirk Kuyt will be fit.

But, more pressing for the boss, is the need to return to their fluent form of early season – and to tighten up in defence after recent lapses.

The Blues will be looking for the aerial threat from the likes of Joleon Lescott, who has proved so dangerous around the box this season, so the marking which was lacking against Spurs must be tighter.

Sami Hyypia came in for criticism in that game but he has been tremendously consistent down the years and I think we can put that Spurs display down to just an ‘off day’.

But the Reds can expect danger from set pieces at Goodison and one who might cause the defence a few headaches is Victor Anichebe. He is certainly a striker of potential and can ruffle a few feathers around the box.

If the title remains a realistic prospect, Liverpool can’t afford to drop points like they have been doing.

It’s to key players like Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Pepe Reina, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Torres, Kuyt and Javier Mascherano, that the fans will look to over the next few months to strengthen the Reds’ position both on home and European fronts.

A few of those players have not been at their best lately but, with big games coming thick and fast – leaders Arsenal are next up in the league at Anfield – their form will determine our long term chances.

For me, the derby is still the big one. You can forget the Manchester United games, the Merseyside crunch between the old enemy is still the most important one.

I don’t expect a hatful of goals on Saturday – we may be lucky to get a couple – but if Torres plays he could prove the match winner.

The Reds’ away league form has been good so far this season. They will need to improve on recent shows and a draw might prove to be a good result.

Boot’s on other foot!

IT seems that at least 50% of injuries these days centre around the foot, and the metatarsal in particular.

Tackling appeared far more vicious in my day, yet you didn’t seem to get anywhere near the injuries, especially foot injuries, that you get now.

It says something for the "Tom Finney" type boots worn yesteryear compared to the "slippers" the stars of today wear.

Even the most innocuous of clashes these days sometimes see players sidelined for at least a month.

Well that makes 3 of us :D , I can sense a new thread coming on :D ( that's your job mrtoad :o;) ).

But he still makes no sense :D .

See my new thread, where all questions can be answered. :bah:

sorry about post, probaly went a bit overboard, had to be the tiger talking "hic" i was making a joke about rafas beard. obviously lead balloons, come to mind on that one. and about kopities post (in rafa we trust) keep that up, and down you will go. should be kopites are gob shites, not red shites (slip of the tonque on that one) blue side of merseyside will be singing on saturday night. 2-0 to the evertonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Well that makes 3 of us , I can sense a new thread coming on :o ( that's your job mrtoad :o ).

But he still makes no sense ;) .

See my new thread, where all questions can be answered. :D

sorry about post, probaly went a bit overboard, had to be the tiger talking "hic" i was making a joke about rafas beard. obviously lead balloons, come to mind on that one. and about kopities post (in rafa we trust) keep that up, and down you will go. should be kopites are gob shites, not red shites (slip of the tonque on that one) blue side of merseyside will be singing on saturday night. 2-0 to the evertonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Well I got about 25 % of that post trueblue , so your getting better :D .

Still though , 3-1 to Liverpool :bah: and hopefully that will put a stop to your waffling for a few weeks :D:D .

Xabi's point of view ahead of the deby ( come onnnnnnnnnn :o:D:D ) :

Xabi Alonso feeling the special derby athmosphere Oct 18 2007

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOL will look to kickstart their campaign with victory in the Goodison derby against Everton on Saturday.

Xabi Alonso retains an outside chance of being available after returning to training following the broken metatarsal that has ruled him out since mid-September.

And the Spain midfielder yesterday hit back at talk that Liverpool’s foreign contingent do not have the same regard for the fixture as the local players.

"I don’t know how you would compare who feels what, but the foreign lads always know it’s a special game," said Alonso.

"You pick up on the atmosphere when you’re out and about, of course. Everyone on both sides can’t wait for kick-off - it’s a really big day for the city. We know how much it means to the people. They have family who might support the other team and they talk about it.

"The excitement is the same among the players. I’m looking forward to it.

"But it’s against the other team from this city, and for the fans it means a lot.

"I don’t know if it means more for the local lads than the foreign players, but I’m pretty sure we’ll be as committed as them."

FOLLOWING our best start to a league campaign for some time, many people got carried away. As disappointing as the fall back down to earth may have been over recent weeks, the reaction has been despicable.

Recent performances have left a lot to be desired and unnecessary points have been dropped, but the criticism that Rafa has endured is simply fickle.

What I am not disputing is the apparent lack of confidence out on the pitch. But with anticipation building by the second ahead of Saturday’s derby, this match could be the definitive moment in our season.

Three points at Goodison will surely see confidence restored ahead of a tough week. A win and we don’t look back, anything less could have a detrimental effect.

We have the fans, we have the players and a manager second to none. Let’s get back on track.

ALL the talk about rotation and the rest of it needs to be dropped.

We’re putting extra pressure on the team when it’s not needed.

Get behind them 110%, starting from the first whistle at Goodison. We are at our best when the chips are down.

I hope Alonso is fit and ready. He gets us moving and plays football that instils confidence in those around him. Gerrard can do it, but it restricts the best part of his game. Gerrard needs freedom in the centre and when Alonso plays he gets more of it.

We have also missed Agger’s influence of late. The young Dane has vastly improved our back line since he established himself in the side.

If we play our football and get at them we will win the game. Believe it and do it. Let’s get our act together, starting Saturday, the players and the supporters alike.

ANTHONY DUNN, Wavertree

OUR shining light so far has undisputedly been Torres. He has an infectious element to his playing style – the more you see him play the more of him you want to see.

He has taken the WOW factor away from Gerrard so far and I wonder if this is the reason for Stevie's lack of recent form?

For me, though, Gerrard is still our main man and we will need him and Torres to be behind an organised frenzy against the auld enemy on Saturday.

It is no secret that Torres is at his most dangerous when he has space in front of him. In recent weeks when paired with Kuyt or Voronin defences have sat deep to kill the space between them and the goal line.

It is for this reason Rafa must pair Crouch with Torres on Saturday. Crouch’s height will confuse Everton as to how they set up their defence.

If they defend deep they run the risk of second balls dropping to a red shirt in the penalty area, if they come up El Nino will destroy them with pace, a la Reading.

PAUL O’LEARY, Allerton

THE derby is the most important league game to me as it allows bragging rights over friends, family and work colleagues.

So taking into account last season’s results it’s vital that we come out on top – I owe a hatful of Blues some stick.

Looking at the game I would expect us to keep an eye on Arteta as he is their catalyst and in fairness a good player. The opposite can be said for Hibbert – if he plays we should be all over him, as he appears to be a weak link.

The age-old cliche is the game will be won and lost in the middle of the park - it will come down to who wants it most.

I expect Gerrard and Mascherano to start, who between them will create and stifle where necessary. Hopefully Torres will be fit as he will cause their backline problems with his pace and directness.

It’s a win or nothing game for me as I get just as much earache for a draw as a defeat. So I am going for a 2-1 win, come on the Reds!

This is the reason why I don't like to go out and watch the derby :o :

There’s many a haughty Red who will tell you it’s just three points at stake, same as any other game; while vexed Evertonians will often criticise their colleagues for placing too much emphasis on the game, accepting mediocrity across the rest of the season as long as they triumph against the old enemy.

While there’s no doubt that the increasingly cosmopolitan make-up of the two sides has lessened the physical intensity of the matches (think Tommy Smith and Mick Lyons), attempts to play down the significance of the event belie the incredible history of this conflict and the emotions it stirs in the hearts and bellies of genuine fans.

Any supporter of a certain age will be able to remember the almighty queues outside Anfield and Goodison when tens of thousands of tickets were put on general sale, an experience repeated at the match itself when turnstiles struggled to cope with the sheer numbers, and standing spectators arrived early to attain their favourite ‘spec’.

The advent of all-seater stadiums and high proportions of season-tickets have done for all that, and that’s probably no bad thing.

empty.gif

http://' target="_blank">

More properly mourned, however, is the loss of camaraderie between the two sets of fans which has seen the more traditional exchange of mischievous insults replaced by harsher and spiteful invective. To be sure, things ain’t what they used to be.

Yet, for this supporter at least, the away derby in particular is one of two fixtures approached with anticipation and trepidation in something like equal measure.

Like the visit to Old Trafford, it’s impossible to contemplate the ecstasy of victory without the corresponding dread of defeat.

There’s even an innate discomfort about entering and inhabiting the ground, akin to watching your wife or girlfriend give birth: you know you’ve got to be there, but you’d rather be somewhere else.

Losing these games is not just about ‘bragging rights’; I’m largely immune to this, being exiled in the south, where Evertonians are almost as rare as Chelsea fans. Yet the pain is just as great, whether you’re skulking down the motorway or surrounded by jeering Bluenoses in your local pub. It’s just the nature of the committed football fan to treat triumph or despair against their closest rivals, be that geographic or in stature, as more important in the scheme of things than against lesser opponents.

Just in case this should be read by Evertonians and misinterpreted as an indication of anxiety over the particular match on Saturday, let me say here and now that I fully expect the Reds to emerge victorious and reinvigorate their Premier League campaign, leaving Everton to focus on their UEFA Cup campaign having seen off Metallica Kharkiv.

Good luck in your glamour ties against AZ Iron Maiden and Zenit Black Sabbath boys. (Just being mischievous).

Why changes won’t weaken Red challenge

AS SURE as there will be yellow cards at Goodison Park on Saturday, Rafa Benitez will make changes to his Liverpool team.

But the Reds boss firmly believes that whatever team he sends out to face Everton will be both capable and confident of winning.

That hasn’t always been the case.

It was almost three years ago that clangs could be heard all around Goodison Park when Liverpool’s team sheet landed. It was the sound of supporters’ jaws hitting the floor.

Just three days after a titanic Champions League defeat of Olympiakos, Benitez made five changes to his starting line-up.

empty.gif

http://' target="_blank">

In came Josemi, Florent Sinama Pongolle, Salif Diao and Neil Mellor – and Everton took advantage of a much changed line-up to win 1-0.

The long-term wisdom of Benitez’s thinking showed itself in Istanbul five months later, but at the time there was widespread recrimination.

Three years on and the Reds boss now feels he can chop and change with far greater confidence than he did that December afternoon.

“The squad is much better now,” he declared.

“You can change players and you can see a difference, like Benayoun against Wigan.

“For me it’s much easier now to decide on the changes.”

Benayoun is one player likely to figure on Saturday, after cutting short a spell with the Israeli international squad to return to Melwood on Tuesday.

“Yes, Yossi was back,” confirmed Benitez.

“He knows he needs to be training here if he wants to be part of the team, so he was back training today.

“Everybody was talking about Fernando Torres and maybe Ryan Babel when we spent money in the summer, but Andriy Voronin and Yossi are playing really well and I am pleased with them.”

Benayoun will be one of the few players to benefit from Benitez’s usually meticulous preparations ahead of the derby.

The majority of the Reds squad will have returned to Melwood this afternoon, basically to warm down after their return journeys from international exertions.

Tomorrow morning will see some last minute tactical suggestions, then kick-off at 12.45pm the day after.

“I am very disappointed with the early kick-off, especially because it’s an away match,” added Benitez.

“Okay it’s in Liverpool but it’s still away. You cannot prepare.

“In our last training session, we had a reserve team game scheduled which Lucas Leiva, Charles Itandje and Sebastian Leto were playing in, so I had here just Jamie Carragher to work with.

“You can’t prepare a team in circumstances like that.

“You can improve players physically, but nothing more.”

A physical contest is always likely in a derby match, but off the pitch Benitez is adamant there will be no verbal sparring.

His “small club” jibes hit the target squarely after last season’s Anfield derby, and Blues’ stalwart Alan Stubbs has already stoked the fires with a caustic response this week.

“If they feel they are that much bigger than us, they should have been getting better results,” he barked. “Like winning the League. When you spend that much money, £40-50m, you would expect to be closer than they have been.”

Benitez simply smiled at the suggestion.

“Do I want to have a go back?” he said. “No. You have to be calm and analyse your team. We have enough problems with no players here to prepare with.

“We will see on Saturday.”

‘This is still the biggest of them all’ - Jamie Carragher

JAMIE CARRAGHER has a mental checklist to work through whenever the new season's fixtures are announced every summer.

The first match, obviously. Then the first home game, followed by the clashes with Manchester United. But most of all, the date and venue of the first Merseyside derby.

"I've always said that for me, as soon as the fixtures come out, I look forward to see when the Everton game is," he declared.

"For local lads like myself and Stevie, it's probably the most important game of the season."

The derby match has always meant more to the local players - from the days when Dixie Dean would send a bottle of aspirin to Elisha Scott on the eve of pre-war showdowns, to seventies slugfests when Jimmy Case, Mick Lyons and co. would kick lavatory doors, head ceilings and butt dressing room doors before running out.

But for Carragher, this season's Goodison clash is loaded with even more personal significance.

"Certainly for me, tomorrow's game will be massively important," he declared.

"We definitely owe them one after last year. The team, the club and me personally.

"I was very poor in the Goodison derby last year. I did alright in the Anfield one, which made up for it a little bit, but with the first one this year being back at Goodison again it makes it a very big game.

"It's probably as low as I've ever felt in football after that game.

"I've lost in a couple of cup finals and had other ups and downs, but last season against Everton was probably as low as I've ever felt because of the score, because I made a big mistake for one of the goals and because I played poorly."

There were mitigating circumstances surrounding Carragher's part in Everton's crucial second goal last September.

He'd missed three weeks football after collecting an injury on the opening day of the season at Bramall Lane and shouldn't have been any closer to the action at Goodison Park than a place in the stand.

But his burning desire to be involved let his heart rule his head.

"I'd been injured and came back too early," he admitted "but I was desperate to play in the game. I probably let the manager and the players down because I wasn't ready to play in a game of that magnitude.

"Maybe I was a bit selfish because I was that desperate to play in it. I came into it cold and it showed. But it's something I'll never do again."

Certainly this year, Carragher will be far better prepared.

While his international club-mates faced a clash against Estonia last Saturday, then a 3,000 mile round-trip to Moscow for a demoralising European Championship defeat on a plastic pitch, he was left behind at Melwood.

The decision to hang up his international boots was entirely his own, and it meant he has been able to work carefully on his derby preparations all week.

There was even one day, with the reserves playing later that evening, that he was the only senior player left working with boss Rafa Benitez at Melwood.

"I've made my decision regarding the international scene and hopefully that will benefit me in the build-up to this match," he explained.

"Players from Everton and Liverpool have been travelling back from Russia this week. I've been back here, which has helped my preparation and that's one of the reasons I made my decision."

It's a decision which should serve Carragher well over the next nine days - a period which could prove pivotal to Liverpool's entire season.

Following tomorrow's domestic set-to at Goodison, the Reds travel to Turkey for a clash of crucial significance to their European aspirations, before the Premier League's two remaining unbeaten records could go on the line when Arsenal visit Anfield the following Sunday.

Not that Carragher will get ahead of himself.

"The manager's very big on taking each game as it comes," he added. "That's the first one and we have to forget about the Beskitas and Arsenal games until Saturday is over.

"It's a massive game for both clubs and I certainly won't be looking any further ahead than that one.

"Both teams will be looking at this fixture as a game which can really give their season a lift and to go on from there.

"Both sides will be looking at it to kickstart the season.

"But I love it, the atmosphere, the whole build-up, everything. You know you're going to come under pressure and you have to stand up to it."

So is he relieved that last season's Goodison nemesis, Andy Johnson, will miss this season's return through injury?

"I'm not bothered," he added. "If they have players out it might give us an advantage, but we might have players out as well.

"Whoever plays, it will be a difficult game - it always is at Goodison because of the crowd whipping things up.

"We know they always raise their game anyway. But we're ready."

And ready to exact revenge . . .

Those bluenoses take things too seriously , probably because they've won <deleted> all :o

A little bit of banter never hurt anyone

We dish out much worse to our mates both before and after derbies – and it’s an attitude to be cherished.

I still smile at the memory of Roy Evans “Don’t mention the school of science,” barb, and Joe Royle’s memorable “Sounds like a few dummies have come out of the pram,” response.

Even more importantly, the two men at the heart of the spat smiled about it, too.

“How’s the dummy, Roy?” Joe quipped when they next met a few weeks later, before both dissolved into laughter.

Shankly’s “Two teams in this city . . .” has rightly gone down into football folklore, as has the superbly contrived Anfield banner “Come in Agent Johnson, Mission Accomplished.”

We do humour in this city better than most, and apart from the handful who trash city pubs after drinking more than their limited minds can handle, we also take stick in good heart, too.

Whatever tomorrow’s result, hopefully there’ll be even more knockabout banter – dished out and taken in the right spirit.

But which group of fans will be celebrating is anybody’s guess.

That old cliche about formbooks flying out of the window is wholly inaccurate.

The team in form is the team which generally triumphs. Everton ran out at Goodison last season with seven points from nine; Liverpool had drawn at Bramall Lane and had come from behind to beat West Ham. No-one needs reminding of the outcome.

The season before Liverpool won 5-1, 3-1 and 7-0 before they faced Everton at Anfield; they won 3-1.

But neither side is in particularly vibrant form at present, so I’ll sit on the fence and predict a scoring draw.

Off the pitch, I predict an even more imaginative battle.

RAFA BENITEZ called Everton a “small club”. Alan Stubbs responded with an equally caustic comeback.

And it cranked up the derby match build-up quite nicely thank you.

A bit of pre-match banter always used to be part of the derby experience, until it fell victim to the politically correct brigade who feared it was fuelling the deteriorating derby day atmosphere.

If so, that’s desperately sad.

Surely no-one takes offence at this kind of banter, do they?

Those bluenoses take things too seriously , probably because they've won <deleted> all :o

A little bit of banter never hurt anyone

We dish out much worse to our mates both before and after derbies – and it's an attitude to be cherished.

I still smile at the memory of Roy Evans "Don't mention the school of science," barb, and Joe Royle's memorable "Sounds like a few dummies have come out of the pram," response.

Even more importantly, the two men at the heart of the spat smiled about it, too.

"How's the dummy, Roy?" Joe quipped when they next met a few weeks later, before both dissolved into laughter.

Shankly's "Two teams in this city . . ." has rightly gone down into football folklore, as has the superbly contrived Anfield banner "Come in Agent Johnson, Mission Accomplished."

We do humour in this city better than most, and apart from the handful who trash city pubs after drinking more than their limited minds can handle, we also take stick in good heart, too.

Whatever tomorrow's result, hopefully there'll be even more knockabout banter – dished out and taken in the right spirit.

But which group of fans will be celebrating is anybody's guess.

That old cliche about formbooks flying out of the window is wholly inaccurate.

The team in form is the team which generally triumphs. Everton ran out at Goodison last season with seven points from nine; Liverpool had drawn at Bramall Lane and had come from behind to beat West Ham. No-one needs reminding of the outcome.

The season before Liverpool won 5-1, 3-1 and 7-0 before they faced Everton at Anfield; they won 3-1.

But neither side is in particularly vibrant form at present, so I'll sit on the fence and predict a scoring draw.

Off the pitch, I predict an even more imaginative battle.

RAFA BENITEZ called Everton a "small club". Alan Stubbs responded with an equally caustic comeback.

And it cranked up the derby match build-up quite nicely thank you.

A bit of pre-match banter always used to be part of the derby experience, until it fell victim to the politically correct brigade who feared it was fuelling the deteriorating derby day atmosphere.

If so, that's desperately sad.

Surely no-one takes offence at this kind of banter, do they?

Our Derby is still the most friendly derby in the world. regardless of the (cue true blue) vile murderers and hillborough songs about us, and the very offending songs we sing about tesco's.

but honestly, its still a great day out and the week before a derby game is sound/ loads of build up etc...

wheres that report come from scouse mouse? sounds like bits of a Prentice report!!!

on a side note, tony barrett has got bascombes job at the Echo. made up. a true kopite

and just for true blue. taken from a libpool website;

"Best midfield in the world" / "Everton are the team to follow"

Follow Follow Follow

Will you follow the <deleted> to Tesco

Kenwright said lets go

And move in with Tesco

And it's out of the city you go....

"Dirty Old Town"

There's a team, down on Country Road (but for how long)

A team that plays, in blue and white

The People's Club, what a load of <deleted>

Dirty Blueshite, Dirty Blueshite...

"We are the scousers, the cock of the north..."

Our bins are all purple, and their's are quite red

They're building a ground and it looks like a shed

There's one thing thats gonna get put right to bed,

THE CITY OF LIVERPOOL'S RED

la la la la, la la la la

In response to their "39 Italians can't be wrong"

Singing 59% can't be wrong....

In response to their "Murderers" ditty

Sock robbers, sock robbers...

"Blue and white <deleted> ello ello"

Blue and white stripes, ello ello...

i prefer - purple bins la la la, purple bins la la la

i know - kopites are gobshites :o

and just for true blue. taken from a libpool website;

"Best midfield in the world" / "Everton are the team to follow"

Follow Follow Follow

Will you follow the <deleted> to Tesco

Kenwright said lets go

And move in with Tesco

And it's out of the city you go....

"Dirty Old Town"

There's a team, down on Country Road (but for how long)

A team that plays, in blue and white

The People's Club, what a load of <deleted>

Dirty Blueshite, Dirty Blueshite...

"We are the scousers, the cock of the north..."

Our bins are all purple, and their's are quite red

They're building a ground and it looks like a shed

There's one thing thats gonna get put right to bed,

THE CITY OF LIVERPOOL'S RED

la la la la, la la la la

In response to their "39 Italians can't be wrong"

Singing 59% can't be wrong....

In response to their "Murderers" ditty

Sock robbers, sock robbers...

"Blue and white <deleted> ello ello"

Blue and white stripes, ello ello...

i prefer - purple bins la la la, purple bins la la la

i know - kopites are gobshites :o

Read that earlier on RTK,quality,lets <deleted> these sock robbin' blueshite <deleted>.

PST.

I'm currently watching Kop 10 derby wins on true sport 61 ( LFC Tv ) and it's bringing back sh"te loads of good memories :D:D .

God I hope we win tonight ............... C'MON LIVERPOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW , number 1 in the list was the derby at goodison from 2001 whn super Gary McCalister scored a 40 yard free kick in the 4th minute of injury time to give Liverpool a 3-2 win :D .

That win gave the players a huge boost and was a big reason for us winning the treble that year ( F.A cup , UEFA cup and League cup ) , lets hope tonight's victory over the blue sh#te will give us the same kind of boost :D:o .

Guess whp's going to be man of the match tonight :o :

‘This is still the biggest of them all’ - Jamie Carragher

JAMIE CARRAGHER has a mental checklist to work through whenever the new season's fixtures are announced every summer.

The first match, obviously. Then the first home game, followed by the clashes with Manchester United. But most of all, the date and venue of the first Merseyside derby.

"I've always said that for me, as soon as the fixtures come out, I look forward to see when the Everton game is," he declared.

"For local lads like myself and Stevie, it's probably the most important game of the season."

The derby match has always meant more to the local players - from the days when Dixie Dean would send a bottle of aspirin to Elisha Scott on the eve of pre-war showdowns, to seventies slugfests when Jimmy Case, Mick Lyons and co. would kick lavatory doors, head ceilings and butt dressing room doors before running out.

empty.gif

But for Carragher, this season's Goodison clash is loaded with even more personal significance.

"Certainly for me, tomorrow's game will be massively important," he declared.

"We definitely owe them one after last year. The team, the club and me personally.

"I was very poor in the Goodison derby last year. I did alright in the Anfield one, which made up for it a little bit, but with the first one this year being back at Goodison again it makes it a very big game.

"It's probably as low as I've ever felt in football after that game.

"I've lost in a couple of cup finals and had other ups and downs, but last season against Everton was probably as low as I've ever felt because of the score, because I made a big mistake for one of the goals and because I played poorly."

There were mitigating circumstances surrounding Carragher's part in Everton's crucial second goal last September.

He'd missed three weeks football after collecting an injury on the opening day of the season at Bramall Lane and shouldn't have been any closer to the action at Goodison Park than a place in the stand.

But his burning desire to be involved let his heart rule his head.

"I'd been injured and came back too early," he admitted "but I was desperate to play in the game. I probably let the manager and the players down because I wasn't ready to play in a game of that magnitude.

"Maybe I was a bit selfish because I was that desperate to play in it. I came into it cold and it showed. But it's something I'll never do again."

Certainly this year, Carragher will be far better prepared.

While his international club-mates faced a clash against Estonia last Saturday, then a 3,000 mile round-trip to Moscow for a demoralising European Championship defeat on a plastic pitch, he was left behind at Melwood.

The decision to hang up his international boots was entirely his own, and it meant he has been able to work carefully on his derby preparations all week.

There was even one day, with the reserves playing later that evening, that he was the only senior player left working with boss Rafa Benitez at Melwood.

"I've made my decision regarding the international scene and hopefully that will benefit me in the build-up to this match," he explained.

"Players from Everton and Liverpool have been travelling back from Russia this week. I've been back here, which has helped my preparation and that's one of the reasons I made my decision."

It's a decision which should serve Carragher well over the next nine days - a period which could prove pivotal to Liverpool's entire season.

Following tomorrow's domestic set-to at Goodison, the Reds travel to Turkey for a clash of crucial significance to their European aspirations, before the Premier League's two remaining unbeaten records could go on the line when Arsenal visit Anfield the following Sunday.

Not that Carragher will get ahead of himself.

"The manager's very big on taking each game as it comes," he added. "That's the first one and we have to forget about the Beskitas and Arsenal games until Saturday is over.

"It's a massive game for both clubs and I certainly won't be looking any further ahead than that one.

"Both teams will be looking at this fixture as a game which can really give their season a lift and to go on from there.

"Both sides will be looking at it to kickstart the season.

<A href="http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=8216-this-is-still-the-biggest-of-them-all-8217-jamie-carragher%26method=full%26objectid=19977967%26page=2%26siteid=50061-name_page.html#story_continue">Story continues arw_down.gif

ADVERTISEMENTempty.gif http://' target="_blank">

"But I love it, the atmosphere, the whole build-up, everything. You know you're going to come under pressure and you have to stand up to it."

So is he relieved that last season's Goodison nemesis, Andy Johnson, will miss this season's return through injury?

"I'm not bothered," he added. "If they have players out it might give us an advantage, but we might have players out as well.

"Whoever plays, it will be a difficult game - it always is at Goodison because of the crowd whipping things up.

"We know they always raise their game anyway. But we're ready."

And ready to exact revenge . . .

knots in my stomach, about to crack open a beer, god i feel nervous. must be derby day :D

I'm already onto my 6th bottle of Leo and we havent even kicked off yet :D . must be derby day :D .

I will take it easy after the game though because I've got to be up untill 2 in the morning for the rugby , and the F1 qualifying is on at 11 , busy day at home for scousemouse :o .

Another Liverpool player with a point to prove :o , plus a possible return for Sammy Lee at Liverpool :

Rafa Benitez: ‘Steven Gerrard is strong character’

LIVERPOOL skipper Steven Gerrard goes into tomorrow's 206th Merseyside derby with his own personal demons to exorcise.

The Reds skipper blamed himself for a chance which went begging during England's 2-1 defeat in Moscow on Wednesday.

But boss Rafa Benitez says his skipper will bounce back tomorrow.

"He is a player with character and a very good mentality – and he will try to score," he said. "Steven has experience and while the players need help at times, I think that Steven has enough character.

"For sure, I will speak with him and we will talk about this and I will see how his mentality is, but I think he will be okay."

empty.gifhttp://' target="_blank">

Benitez will make a late decision on his team selection, but admits that Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso are champing at the bit to be included.

"Torres is really close. He wants to play," said Benitez. "He was training with the ball yesterday. It could be a small risk, but it's not a very dangerous injury.

"Now, with him and the other players, Fabio Aurelio, Harry Kewell, Dirk Kuyt and Xabi Alonso, all training they are very close.

"Xabi is 50-50 but every day could make a big difference. If we want to take a risk with one or two or all five, that'll be the decision I am facing."

Benitez, meanwhile, insisted he had not discussed taking Sammy Lee back on Liverpool's staff following his sacking by Bolton.

Frank McParland, who left Benitez to join Lee in the summer, lost his job, too.

Benitez admitted he had met with Lee recently, but explained: "I have a good relationship with Sammy Lee but I wasn't talking with him about anything to do with a job; just about the Everton game.

"I said to both him and Frank McParland that I was sorry, and that it's too soon for them to be sacked.”

Half time .............................

blue sh#te 1-0 Liverpool ......................

............................ &lt;deleted&gt; :o

............ roll on the second half and take off Hyppia and bring on Pennant , that Lescott is getting far too much room.

Archived