Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Great call by the linesman at the bridge yesterday.

There is a plus point to it if it enables you lot to get fifth. You are welcome to the europa and i for one will be delighted if you get it. :)

You'll find we're really not all that bothered about 5th place mate. ;)

Yep lets hope the bindippers beat us in 2 weeks time, as we dont want to be in the Europa cup and they obviously do :o

Yep lets hope the bindippers beat us in 2 weeks time, as we dont want to be in the Europa cup and they obviously do :o

Thats the real ambition here alfredo. Longstebe's made that very obvious. :D I hope we roll over at Anfield. ;) Next season we can put the youngsters in the Carling and go all out for the league and FA cup. Last season due to our CL comittment the FA cup was too much but in different circumstances it would be great to do well in it next season.

Thats the real ambition here alfredo. Longstebe's made that very obvious. :D I hope we roll over at Anfield. ;) Next season we can put the youngsters in the Carling and go all out for the league and FA cup. Last season due to our CL comittment the FA cup was too much but in different circumstances it would be great to do well in it next season.

It's about time that the FA were honest about the Carling Cup and excluded teams that had qualified for European competitions. The fixture list is just way too crowded and the team selections from the top clubs are a farce. In my view that cup is diminished not enhanced by the presence of the currently best-performing sides.

Carmine, the ambition is to win the league, that never changes. After the piss poor start to the season and finding ourselves in a relagation place, 5th place will be just fine.

At least you are still on course to get your 13 points from your last 7 games. :lol:

By the way I was taking the Mick about the decision yesterday.

Ok it is a silly game really.

I do know the difference between knowledge basis judgments and statistical anaylslysis. You cant use stats to pick a team, decide formations judge whether Carroll will end up in jail or gel with Suarez. You do use the them to aid in your decision making process and it would be unwise to jump to any conclusions without all the data. Detailed statistical analysis is part of the decision making process. It is simply strange they arent already. They will never run the teams and they shouldnt really talk the press.

Obviously LFC is not short of soccer knowledge. In fact I am totally happy to defer to Kenny. So if you ask me whether Poulsen is good enough I would say no or Kenny would have picked him.

So just because someone has knowledge it doesnt mean that knowledge is correct. In fact it is fundamental to Henry's investment philosophy that 'conventional wisdom' is often wrong. So lets start with the fact that I can guarantee that FSG would never have sanctioned any one of Cole's, Poulsen's or Konchesky's signings over that length of time at that age. It was a shocking destruction of value and a complete and utter waste of money. 35 year's of experience and he has learnt absolutely nothing. If anyone can justify those signings I would like to know how.

Do you want to know a few signings that the fat spanish waiter made that are comparable?

Do you want to know a few signings that the fat spanish waiter made that are comparable?

Well all 3 players were signed on 3/4 year contracts to play for Liverpool to the age of 33. As none of them were good enough to make the team in the first year of their contract when the team is only going to improve and they are only going to age we can confidently say they are of no worth to Liverpool as they are not good enough and should never have been signed and so were an infinite waste of money. I would also think that if a Liverpool manager signs a 29 year old from Fulham for 1.5m on a 4 year contract he is asking for trouble amongst the team and the support. Only long serving senior players get contracts to 33 and we have youngsters potential to develop in preference to mediocrity.

No - he's an accountant. Takes one to know one :rolleyes:

Thats correct accountants are suppose to save you money so that you can pay your legal bills. rolleyes.gif anyway still waiting on your reply Abrak ?Benitez signed some beasts laugh.gif

But he is such a nice man and has your best interests at heart,lets get him back quick eh,that would be fun!

Thats correct accountants are suppose to save you money so that you can pay your legal bills. rolleyes.gif anyway still waiting on your reply Abrak ?Benitez signed some beasts laugh.gif

But he is such a nice man and has your best interests at heart,lets get him back quick eh,that would be fun!

Non Liverpool fans always think Liverpool fans are bias againt Roy Hodgson dont they? Well they are. And for good reason. He was the worst manager at Liverpool in at least the last 50 years. Since Shankly got LFC promoted to the first division in 1961/62 Liverpool have never finished lower than 8th in the league and when Hodgson was sacked we were 12th. One thing Dalglish has shown is that Hodgson managed Liverpool very badly.

And Mr Red. You missed by point about Hodgson signings they werent 'beasts' in fact they were quite small but it isnt the size that matters quite the opposite. If Liverpool sign 39 year old Joe from Scunthorpe reserves for 150 pounds it is a horrific signing. And that was my point. Hodgsons signings were incompetent because they werent Liverpool signings. A Liverpool signing of a 4 year contract for a 29 year old Fulham player is an oxymoron.

You can discuss Rafa's signings - he had plenty of horrors where he lost the club lots of money. Still at least he was trying to buy decent players. He did also sign Pepe, Xabi and Torres which were some of the clubs most brilliant signings. Oh and he failed to sign Aguero and Christian Ronaldo.

Non Liverpool fans always think Liverpool fans are bias againt Roy Hodgson dont they? Well they are. And for good reason. He was the worst manager at Liverpool in at least the last 50 years. Since Shankly got LFC promoted to the first division in 1961/62 Liverpool have never finished lower than 8th in the league and when Hodgson was sacked we were 12th. One thing Dalglish has shown is that Hodgson managed Liverpool very badly.

And Mr Red. You missed by point about Hodgson signings they werent 'beasts' in fact they were quite small but it isnt the size that matters quite the opposite. If Liverpool sign 39 year old Joe from Scunthorpe reserves for 150 pounds it is a horrific signing. And that was my point. Hodgsons signings were incompetent because they werent Liverpool signings. A Liverpool signing of a 4 year contract for a 29 year old Fulham player is an oxymoron.

You can discuss Rafa's signings - he had plenty of horrors where he lost the club lots of money. Still at least he was trying to buy decent players. He did also sign Pepe, Xabi and Torres which were some of the clubs most brilliant signings. Oh and he failed to sign Aguero and Christian Ronaldo.

He did'nt do a good job at Liverpool thats for sure. I was bemused by a number of his decisions but your fans blew the whole thing totally out of proportion because the guy simply was'nt their choice.

Please explain to me though how he manged to do well at Fulham, more sucessful in the europa than your good selves, and why is he doing such a good job at Albion? Do you not think he deservered the home support even if it was just for a few games? Please don't come out with some really crap stereotyped Liverpool fans answer.

Here's a clue. Try starting with him getting little or no support from the fans and then being internally undermined. Incidentally, do you really think he was worse than Souness?

He did'nt do a good job at Liverpool thats for sure. I was bemused by a number of his decisions but your fans blew the whole thing totally out of proportion because the guy simply was'nt their choice.

Please explain to me though how he manged to do well at Fulham, more sucessful in the europa than your good selves, and why is he doing such a good job at Albion? Do you not think he deservered the home support even if it was just for a few games? Please don't come out with some really crap stereotyped Liverpool fans answer.

Here's a clue. Try starting with him getting little or no support from the fans and then being internally undermined. Incidentally, do you really think he was worse than Souness?

he got plenty of support from the fans and he was actually internally backed carmine, so i'm afraid you're talking out of your hoop. where he failed was trying to turn liverpool, a club with massive expectation levels based on previous success, into fulham or west brom. he does well at clubs like fulham and baggies by making the best of meagre resources - it's his level. where he lost the fans was by playing defence-based, long ball football at anfield, employing god-awful tactics and then blaming his predecessor, the fans and just about anyone apart from himself for it. he revealed himself to be quite a bitter man who clearly thought his abilities were better than they actually are.

six months ago we were heading for relegation under hodgson mate. so don't try to tell me liverpool fans 'had him wrong'.

The question is fair. Why can Hodgson do a good job at Fulham or a good job at WBA and not at Liverpool? Your answer is crap and just stupid imho.

The answer is that Hodgson is a one trick pony. Essentially if you put Tony Blair in charge of the conservative party you are not going to win the election. This does not mean Tony Blair is a bad leader. Hodgson arrived at Liverpool recruited players from Fulham, adopted tactics of Fulham in conflict to years of tradition at our club and the result was an unmitigated disaster as you would expect. But I guess he might have done well in holding us up in a relegation fight. It is absolutely fair to say that Liverpool didnt fit Hodgson as a manager. And it is fair to say that if 'all you get from Hodgson is what Hodgson does' then whoever appointed him was a moron. The point about 'good' managers is that they are supposed to adapt to fit the club they are appointed to, not that the club has to adapt to fit the manager.

I remember the press and the other clubs fans saying that 'Hodgson "deserved" after Fulham (and 35 years of experience) to move up to a 'bigger' club'. Deserved? The fact is that he didnt have a clue how to manage a bigger club. He thought that you run a bigger club exactly the same way as you run a smaller club. And given enough time I think Liverpool fans thought he would succeed in turning us into one.

Edited by Abrak

he got plenty of support from the fans and he was actually internally backed carmine, so i'm afraid you're talking out of your hoop. where he failed was trying to turn liverpool, a club with massive expectation levels based on previous success, into fulham or west brom. he does well at clubs like fulham and baggies by making the best of meagre resources - it's his level. where he lost the fans was by playing defence-based, long ball football at anfield, employing god-awful tactics and then blaming his predecessor, the fans and just about anyone apart from himself for it. he revealed himself to be quite a bitter man who clearly thought his abilities were better than they actually are.

six months ago we were heading for relegation under hodgson mate. so don't try to tell me liverpool fans 'had him wrong'.

I think the way you say he 'got plenty of support from the fans' rings a bit hollow to many followers of football, given how quickly the fans turned against him. Essentially the fans were perfectly happy to support him as a 'Liverpool manager' but when he starting making decisions, changing tactics, acting in a manner against the traditions and ethos of the club, they could not accept him. Bringing in Konchesky was an insult to the youngsters who want to get a go, to the top players who want to see top players brought into the team, and to the likes of Carragher and Kuyt who know that contracts to a 33 year old at Liverpool have to be earnt.

I am far more cynical than you about Hodgson. I think that 35 years in the business taught him one thing and that was that he was very close to retirement. I think he knew when he signed for 3 years, 6 months ahead of a sale, the new owners would replace him inevitably with their man. I doubt he really thought he was going to be manager with all those aging footballers he signed to see out those contracts with them. He made 9m in 9 months probably more than the last ten years. I actually think he expected to be kicked straight out of the door as soon as FSG arrived like Purslow so he wouldnt have even had to say I screwed up. If I was the new owner I would be tempted to pull the trigger right away after the contracts he signed. But the club was in such a mess they made him suffer.

I thought you had finished with all this Carmine?

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher wants Europa League place

_52468474_carragher2.jpg

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher has said he is in no doubt about the value of qualifying for the Europa League.

The Reds occupy the final European spot with debate on Merseyside centring on whether a Europa League campaign will help or hinder progress next season.

But the veteran defender told BBC Radio Merseyside:

"There's a lot of talk from other people about wanting fifth place or not but I'm desperate to get it.

"Liverpool and European football is what the club's about."

The Reds have taken 30 league points from a possible 45 since Kenny Dalglish took over as manager from Roy Hodgson in January.

Carragher says he would like their hard work to end with the highest league position possible and the place in Europe that would bring.

The 33-year-old continued: "If we keep winning games, we have a good chance of getting it.

"Tottenham will probably feel the same and I think it will be a great game when they come here. Also, if we get in, it means we keep winning and the feel-good factor continues.

"We haven't had a great 18 months but now we can start enjoying ourselves and actually go into games expecting to win."

After starting in Sunday's 3-0 win over Newcastle, the former England international is now joint second on the club's all-time appearances list on 665 games.

He currently sits alongside club legends Emlyn Hughes and Ray Clemence and if he takes the field against Fulham at the weekend, he will move into clear second, with only Ian Callaghan ahead of him on 857.

"Just to be around all these people is a great honour for me," Carragher continued.

"The people I've gone past like Ian Rush and Tommy Smith - these are all people I look up to and for me they are what Liverpool is about. They are the legends of the club and always will be.

"It's something I can look back on at the end of my career. Now I want to look forward and get more appearances and hopefully the club can still do well and win more trophies before I finish."

Reply to #6563

Yes logstebe, i think you know i don't really care about the Roy situation and i do know that he did a shit job. :D Its low season on Samui, very boring today and this is the only thread with anythong to say at the moment.

However, i'm sorry. but for Stevie to say he had the support of the fans is a load of bull. It was always Dalglish they wanted and they made it very obvious, but then again, who cares really

Reply to #6563

Yes logstebe, i think you know i don't really care about the Roy situation and i do know that he did a shit job. :D Its low season on Samui, very boring today and this is the only thread with anythong to say at the moment.

However, i'm sorry. but for Stevie to say he had the support of the fans is a load of bull. It was always Dalglish they wanted and they made it very obvious, but then again, who cares really

I'm sure there is no love lost on Hodgson's part either. He'll take a special satisfaction in beating them from now on....that's for sure! :)

Edited by smokie36

I think the way you say he 'got plenty of support from the fans' rings a bit hollow to many followers of football, given how quickly the fans turned against him. Essentially the fans were perfectly happy to support him as a 'Liverpool manager' but when he starting making decisions, changing tactics, acting in a manner against the traditions and ethos of the club, they could not accept him. Bringing in Konchesky was an insult to the youngsters who want to get a go, to the top players who want to see top players brought into the team, and to the likes of Carragher and Kuyt who know that contracts to a 33 year old at Liverpool have to be earnt

yes, there's something in that but the fans in general will always back and support a liverpool manager whoever he is. the tactics, signings and home performances got many worrying about him simply not being up to the job but then when he started slagging off rafa benitez in public, effectively telling the fans to stop protesting against hicks and gillett, telling porkies about kenny dalglish and banging on about his 35 years making him by default a top manager who deserved unqualified respect, he just simply lost everybody. he showed no professionalism, no dignity, no class and no respect for the club. if he'd kept his gob shut and just got on with trying to salvage his appalling start to the season people would have given him more leeway.

I am far more cynical than you about Hodgson.

i assure you you're not mate. i think he's one of the typical LMA gobshites whose middling performance and achievements over a career somehow entitles them to priveleged treatment. see allardyce and his england/allardiccio comments etc.

Edited by StevieH

Lets hope for all our sakes that you start performing again next season then we won't have to put up with this <deleted>,:whistling:

From a Manc thats saying summat! ;)

Lets hope for all our sakes that you start performing again next season then we won't have to put up with this <deleted>,:whistling:

it's really not. ;)

i think were going to be pretty unrecognisable next season. expecting a major summer to be honest. owners have been pretty quiet so far but they have big ideas.

Nobody is forcing you to read it are they?

I'm glad we can entertain you.