Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I see we got Chealse in the CarlingnCup and of course away !

Yes what the hell is up with this? So I guess it's completely random. Seems quite harsh, and I wish they could do something to make it more fair so if you play two straight on the road and the other team has just played at home then you automatically get the match at home, or something like that.

Crazy! Four straight Carling Cup matches away from home! Utter nonsense, man, and of course we couldn't get Crystal Palace at home, that goes to the team who has a bit more sway over the FA. :)

We could have had Blackburn, Cardiff, Crystal Palace or one of the big boys, and of course we got one of the big boys, and of course not at Anfield. That's just shit, it really is.

Two trips to Stamford Bridge, Man City at home, this is looking like a tough month ahead...but if Chelsea continue to play defense like they did against Arsenal, I'm optimistic! :)

Well that was a happy post! :D

Yes what the hell is up with this? So I guess it's completely random. Seems quite harsh, and I wish they could do something to make it more fair so if you play two straight on the road and the other team has just played at home then you automatically get the match at home, or something like that.

Crazy! Four straight Carling Cup matches away from home! Utter nonsense, man, and of course we couldn't get Crystal Palace at home, that goes to the team who has a bit more sway over the FA. :)

We could have had Blackburn, Cardiff, Crystal Palace or one of the big boys, and of course we got one of the big boys, and of course not at Anfield. That's just shit, it really is.

Two trips to Stamford Bridge, Man City at home, this is looking like a tough month ahead...but if Chelsea continue to play defense like they did against Arsenal, I'm optimistic! :)

Yep, I could just feel the love oozing out of my screen.

Agree with him though ;)

some food for thought. it's pretty disgraceful the way suarez is now labelled despite having done absolutely nothing wrong.

Luis Suarez - Victim of Smear

http://thekop.liverpoolfc.tv/_Luis-Suarez-Victim-of-Smear/blog/5412899/173471.html

On 15th October Liverpool and Manchester United locked horns at Anfield in what Alex Ferguson had billed as ‘the biggest club match in the world’.

No doubt the worldwide television audience for the game ran into many hundreds of millions, justifying the United boss’ assertion.

The game ended in a draw, with the home side wondering just how they had let a victory slip from their grasp. However, it would not be the result of the match, or the effects on the two clubs’ league position that would still be making shockwaves two weeks later.

The immediate aftermatch discussions centred on the only real moment of controversy during the ninety minutes. Did Rio Ferdinand trip Charlie Adam as he bore down on the United goal, leading to the free-kick from which Liverpool opened the scoring? If so, should Ferdinand have seen a second yellow? Or on the other hand, did Adam cheat and dive with no contact?

The final poser was addressed during Ferdinand’s post match Sky interview, in which he confirmed that there was contact. Of course this would not satisfy the United fans. Why let the truth get in the way of a good old bleat?

Ordinarily that short-lived debate would have been a weekend wonder, as there were several more questionable decisions during that week’s Premier League fixtures. As is the norm. Let the fans of both sides have a moan, forget it and move on.

However deep within the corridors beneath Liverpool’s Main Stand a greater storm was brewing. Patrice Evra and his manager had visited the referee’s room to submit accusations of racism against Liverpool’s talisman Luis Suarez.

Evra had suffered a torrid match. He was constantly at the point of Liverpool’s attacks and frankly he coped poorly. In the second half, the two players clashed near the Kop by-line. Suarez tripped Evra, who rolled around in over-exaggerated agony. Of course he was in so much pain that he ensured that he rolled back onto the pitch so that he would interrupt the play. The Frenchman (note- not a racist comment) remonstrated with the referee and his assistant, obviously believing that he had been assaulted by Suarez rather than tripped.

Back to the after match summit in the ref’s room. Evra, backed up by Fergie, claimed that Luis Suarez had aimed racist abuse at him on ‘at least ten occasions’ during the game.

The matter became public, after Evra mentioned it in an interview with French TV station Canal Plus.

I would also hazard a guess that Manchester United’s staff have had a long hard look at all the television images, to no avail.

Let us note here that Evra did not make any protestation of racist remarks to referee Andre Mariner during the game. Surely the obvious course of action if you were ‘apoplectic with rage’ would be to alert the official, and ask him to keep an eye on things. Mariner did have a long chat with both players around Kop end penalty spot, but Evra chose not to mention any transgression. After the ref’s ‘chat’ Suarez tapped Evra on the back of the head in an apparent gesture of conciliation, only for the Frenchman (note- still not racism) to petulantly dismiss the gesture. Evra (apoplectic with rage) had also chosen to kiss his badge for the benefit of the Liverpool fans in the corner of the stadium whilst aiming kisses at them. Strange behaviour in the circumstances.

By the next morning, no footage had been unearthed. Twenty four hours later, still nothing. In fact, fifteen days on and there is still no incriminating evidence. However, Evra stands by his story and the FA are ‘investigating’. No official enquiry has been ordered, but still the matter rumbles on.

Alongside all this there has been a disturbing and continuing slurring of Suarez’ name and reputation.

In the days after the Liverpool – Manchester United meeting Sir Alex Ferguson chose his words carefully, as usual, when he stated that “it’s difficult for the referee with Suarez diving all over the place”.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

This is Alex Ferguson speaking, lest we forget. A manager who has overseen such blatant exponents of simulation (or diving) as Nani, Christiano Ronaldo and more recently Ashley Young.

In fact Mr Ferguson ( I refuse to recognise his official title) seems to have missed Young’s dive in the very match he used as his example. See http://i53.tinypic.com/wak9so.gif

However , I suspect that Ferguson was not interested in a balanced comparison. He was on a mission to discredit Liverpool’s best player. Ferguson knew that wherever he treads, his pandering legions in the media will follow.

And so it proved.

Without any justification, Luis Suarez overnight became a racist and the worst diver in English football.

The effects of the United chief’s comments can be seen almost daily. Liverpool’s next match after United was another home fixture against Norwich City. The referee Peter Walton enraged the Kop, as well as Suarez as he waved away ten apparent fouls on the Uruguayan. TEN times the Kop cried foul. TEN times the referee refused. Even when Mark Tierney felled Suarez when he was through on goal, the referee decided against a red card, or even a free kick, and merely turned away.

As the final whistle sounded, Luis Suarez left the pitch having not been awarded a single free-kick.

On to Stoke in the Carling Cup, which was to be a triumphant night for little Luis. Two goals, one of which will surely be in the mix for Goal of The Season, saw his team through the tie. Yet it was obvious that Ferguson’s plot was working as intended. The home supporters jeered Suarez.

In the first half of the Stoke tie, the mercurial Uruguayan waltzed past Jonathan Woodgate who had been shown a yellow card just moments earlier. That Woodgate clipped Luis was not in question, but instead of tumbling and winning a penalty and a certain red card for his opponent, the Liverpool striker stuttered but maintained his balance before dragging his shot wide. A chance had gone,and Stoke’s lead stayed intact as did their back four.

Now this sort of honesty would, you would think, earn universal praise. Not on this occasion. Not public enemy Luis Suarez. BBC TV’s commentator for the game, Guy Mowbray acknowledged that there had been a trip but chose to dam_n Suarez with faint praise.

“He is caught there and manages to keep his feet, which you have to say is most unlike Luis Suarez” he said, following up with “He might wish he hadn’t”

Even after the Uruguayan’s masterpiece goal which brought his team level, Mowbray had a dig. “You get two sides with Luis Suarez. That side is absolutely brilliant.” Another cheap shot.

Late in the match Crouch had legitimate claims for a penalty turned down. Seconds later Huth preposterously threw himself to the turf as the ball flashed around the box. Guess which incident was highlighted by the commentators.

As Liverpool’s players and staff recovered savoured the win at Stoke, still there was no word on the racism allegations which were festering quietly. Elsewhere another case of racism allegations raged, with video evidence, and the Football Association declared an official enquiry.

This forced Kenny Dalglish, who has more dignity and class than any so called knight of the realm, to urge the authorities to conclude the matter one way or another, declaring that the club is “totally and utterly” behind Luis Suarez. He has a point. No new evidence is going to emerge now. If there is sufficient evidence (any evidence) let’s get on with it. If not, let’s move on.

Yesterday, Liverpool had another vital match, this time at West Bromwich Albion. Nine minutes into the game Jerome Thomas clumsily tackled Suarez as he moved away from goal. Replays proved that the linesman was perfectly correct to intervene and alert the referee to the indiscretion. More fuel to the Suarez dive allegations. Hardly.

Look at the incident again. Suarez clashes with Thomas and immediately attempts to get back to his feet and chase the defender, before noticing the linesman flagging furiously. At no stage did Luis claim a penalty.

Later in the half Luis Suarez and Jerome Thomas clashed again, this time with the Albion man being on the receiving end. However it was clearly evident that the collision was caused by the Liverpool man slipping and falling into the West Brom defender. As the two players left the pitch at he interval, Suarez was clearly apologising and explaining, and Thomas seemed happy to accept. Did Luis get any credit form the match commentators for seeking out his opponent and apologising? Not likely.

There was another incident worthy of note. In the second period, Suarez again danced around defenders to the left of the Baggies’ six yard box, before losing the ball. Chris Waddle, co-commentating fro ESPN uttered the immortal phrase “Suarez thought about diving there”. Did he? Please, Chris Waddle, let us all into the secret of mind-reading. What you really mean Mr Waddle is “I would expect a notorious cheating Uruguayan to have gone down there”

Luis Suarez must be getting fed up of this smear campaign: as must the club, and his manager. I know I certainly am. Alex Ferguson knows what he has set in motion. As he sits back and enjoys his whisky tonight he probably looks back on a job well done.

Suarez is a talent. He is a threat to Manchester United, make no mistake. If his stint in England can be made unbearable, he will surely be tempted by offers from pastures new.

Today’s Sunday Mirror carried a story quoting Ferguson and his incredulity that racism is creeping back into the game. Did the paper accompany the article with a photo of the other player (captain of England) who is actively under an FA enquiry? No, of course they did not. They used a full page photo of Suarez aiming comments at Evra. When confronted, the Mirror justified this decision by saying that in the article Fergie talks about that incident, so it was right to use that picture. For the record, nowhere in the respective article does Ferguson mention Luis Suarez by name.

May I also remind Ferguson and the FA, of the remarks credited to the Manchester United boss on 22 October ... "The FA interviewed Patrice yesterday and have sent us a directive today saying not to discuss it while the investigation is going on," continuing with "I have got plenty to say on the subject, but I suppose I will have to adhere to what they are saying. I would like to say something about Pat in this particular instance, but let them get on with their investigation."

In Ferguson’s world, he interprets supplying the Sunday Mirror with a double page interview as complying with the FA’s directive.

Ferguson is a law unto himself. This has been proved over many years. He is a clever man. He does not let things slip out, carelessly. His attack on Luis Suarez on two fronts is calculated to damage both Suarez and his employers. He appears to have managed to get some referees and media folk on board already.

I expect Liverpool Football Club to launch a counter offensive in support of their player. They must take the Sunday Mirror to task. The manager and his team-mates will surely use every opportunity to get behind the new darling of the Kop. Ferguson and his cronies may think they have devised a master plan which will ultimately force Luis Suarez to become so disenchanted that he will decide that he would be better off elsewhere.

Sorry chaps. Liverpool FC and it’s army of fans like nothing better than looking after our own. Luis is our hero. He is loved by us. Whatever tripe you throw at him, will strengthen the bond between LFC and Luis Suarez.

Luis Suarez will never walk alone.

All jokes apart, i think Suarez is a terrific player and i just disagree with you and Stevie because i don't think, at times anyway, he does himself justice.

name one instance where suarez has dived, simulated, cheated or feigned to win a foul please carmine.

it's a bullshit media meme this, kicked off by his master's voice after the bloody united match.

I tell you what mate, i'm going to be glued to the tv watching your game tomorrow. Regardless of that, you are saying he's never dived or feigned to win a foul? Are you really saying that? I have to sign off but i'll leave that one with you to maybe have a rethink.

I really would like to think that my opinions arn't swayed by the likes of Ferguson.

i asked you the question carmine. why do i have to prove a negative?

suarez has not, to my knowledge since his time in england, dived or cheated to win a free-kick or get a player booked. he gets the shit kicked out of him every match and gets fouled repeatedly because of the way he gets his body between opponent and ball. he's a driven player who wants to win and his attitude is unerringly positive. a few times he has probably made sure the referee knows he has been fouled, but he has still been fouled. he does not cheat, unlike a number of others i could mention.

if you think he does then yes, i'm afraid you're buying into mister ferguson's latest vindictive campaign.

Speaking of SAF, it'll be 25 years this weekend of annoying people like stevie on the way to 19 titles.

Now Back to the guy who deliberately hand balls on the goal line in the world cup, and falls down easier than stevie 'the wind' gerrard.

Stevie, the article about Suarez that you posted might be food for thought but are you sure it wasn't written by his mum?

It raises some reasonable points but its hardly written from an open perspective.

yeah it's partisan carmine, but then it's up against a defined agenda. fuelled by manipulative bastards like ferguson.

i'll wait for that example of suarez diving blatantly having not been fouled shall i?

meanwhile here's an example of the sort of thing i'm after, performed by one of mister ferguson's own: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbAAx-EYfVI&feature=related

1320050524[/url]' post='4810815']

yeah pretty shocking that isn't it.

though perhaps not as shocking as seeing a football get out of a ford focus.

Yeah gutted and could be month or more according to reports - not heard anything from the offal as yet.

Thought Johnson has looked sharp since his return it's like a new signing.

He will be out for at least a month. IMO it's time to bring in a long term replacement, someone proven too. Thing is if Suarez gets injured we are fuc_ked. We have some good young players in Henderson, Caroll and Coates but they need time to settle. It all really depends on what our target is this season. If it's 4th then I doubt we can get there with the current squad.

Going back to Suarez he probably just called Evra a puta, and let's be fair he is a bit of a gobshite. Evra was just wound up he didn't get Downing booked. Stick yer racism card up your arse taggart.

Just annoyed at the draw the gods have given us, especially with regards to home/away matches...

I can tell you are sensitive, very much like Dev for that matter. This really is The Sensitive Thread. :D

Not really getting all this "sensitive" talk. Am I not allowed to discuss and argue about Liverpool football club in the Liverpool football club forum using actual facts instead of media hype and hyperbole? But anyway...

Talk about sensitive, how about someone who says something and then says I'm over-reaching to suggest that same something when I merely quoted what he said!

ha ha, only a joke, but how true...

How are Spurs doing in the Carling Cup this year? :wai:

I can tell you are sensitive, very much like Dev for that matter. This really is The Sensitive Thread. :D

Not really getting all this "sensitive" talk. Am I not allowed to discuss and argue about Liverpool football club in the Liverpool football club forum using actual facts instead of media hype and hyperbole? But anyway...

Talk about sensitive, how about someone who says something and then says I'm over-reaching to suggest that same something when I merely quoted what he said!

ha ha, only a joke, but how true...

How are Spurs doing in the Carling Cup this year? :wai:

Fortunately we were knocked out of it playing whilst giving our youth academy a run out, because as we have a stronger first team than you, and a stronger squad than you and can afford to set our sights higher.

Oh to be so reliant on one player considering moneyball, sabermetrics all those millions spent. :whistling:

Edited by carmine

"Defined agenda fueled by manipulative bastards like SAF"?

Careful stevie, you are sounding more and more like rafa by the min :)

You can't knock Rafa on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o

Rafa couldn't handle Red Nose in the verbal dept because he's a good bloke and Red Nose is a bully and a thoroughly nasty piece of work.....and ofcourse a great football manager. ;)

Haha carmine, quality material that.

Funny though when the mirror was after giggs for his behaviour, we weren't calling it an agenda propigated by mr. Kenny.

Hmm james, its a bit of a tricky one trying to defend a bloke who's been shagging his brothers missus. "Giggsy" must be a top top bloke! And really, it wasn't just the mirror was it, more like the entire media and are you surprised in the slightest?

Haha carmine, quality material that.

Funny though when the mirror was after giggs for his behaviour, we weren't calling it an agenda propigated by mr. Kenny.

that would be because kenny dalglish made no unrelated reference to giggs shagging his brother's missus in the press james. you're not really that thick are you?

how are those examples of suarez's diving coming carmine? there must be dozens, shouldn't take you too long now should it.

Well its like this. I see him making a meal of it everytime i see him play. Yes, thats been everytime i've seen him play. Includes the world cup aswell. Why should i isolate an instance that you are going to contradict me on saying it was a blatent foul when in others opinions, and mine, and the referees he went down like the titanic. You are also contending that he has never even feigned a foul which is a statement i really can't take that seriously. Sorry, but thats how i see it. Just for the record, i don't agree with Ferguson that the ref even needs to say anything to Suarez or keep an eye on him. He just looks for the free kicks the same way footballers do. Your contending that he's never feigned, dived or anything else which is simply ridiculous.

Edited by carmine

how are those examples of suarez's diving coming carmine? there must be dozens, shouldn't take you too long now should it.

Well its like this. I see him making a meal of it everytime i see him play. Yes, thats been everytime i've seen him play. Includes the world cup aswell. Why should i isolate an instance that you are going to contradict me on saying it was a blatent foul when in others opinions, and mine, and the referees he went down like the titanic. You are also contending that he has never even feigned a foul which is a statement i really can't take that seriously. Sorry, but thats how i see it. Just for the record, i don't agree with Ferguson that the ref even needs to say anything to Suarez or keep an eye on him. He just looks for the free kicks the same way footballers do. Your contending that he's never feigned, dived or anything else which is simply ridiculous.

Good post Carmine exactly the way any non Liverpool fan see's it,he is a sneaky play actor who reminds me of a girl how he goes about his business,trying to bite people and pulling hair snide bastard who is also accused of racism,doesn't surprise me really!

passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif Luis Suarez

edit sp

Edited by MrRed

so that's no examples then? not even mentions of specific instances? so you're saying he's guilty until proven innocent because that's your perception despite the total and utter lack of evidence?

see i've watched him play every minute since he arrived at liverpool and while i've seen him make sure that the referee knows he has been fouled when - and get this - he HAS BEEN FOULED - i have never once seen him dishonestly fake a dive to try and get a free-kick or get a player booked / sent off. it's total and utter horseshit and a smear campaign based on a one-off handball in a world cup.

so i'm afraid you're as guilty of buying into mister ferguson's machinations as every other clown who believes the tabloids is. guilty until proven innocent apparently. how sad that a truly wonderful player is having his reputation unjustly tarnished this way.

so that's no examples then? not even mentions of specific instances? so you're saying he's guilty until proven innocent because that's your perception despite the total and utter lack of evidence?

see i've watched him play every minute since he arrived at liverpool and while i've seen him make sure that the referee knows he has been fouled when - and get this - he HAS BEEN FOULED - i have never once seen him dishonestly fake a dive to try and get a free-kick or get a player booked / sent off. it's total and utter horseshit and a smear campaign based on a one-off handball in a world cup.

so i'm afraid you're as guilty of buying into mister ferguson's machinations as every other clown who believes the tabloids is. guilty until proven innocent apparently. how sad that a truly wonderful player is having his reputation unjustly tarnished this way.

You know full well how annoyed i was Redknapp f_cked up the deal to sign him, and whilst i've been a big fan since the world cup he's not whiter than white, the same as any other footballer. Quite how Ferguson has created an exception of him baffles me but i just can't take this ridiculous arguement that he has never feigned, for example. I do see you've conceded he makes sure the ref knows he's been fouled, whatever thats supposed to mean. My definition would be "makes a meal of it" which would wind me up well and truely if i were the opposition. Makes sure the ref knows tells me he's play acting too and i contend theres little difference between feigning and play acting.....unless you are a Liverpool fan sticking for the best player, the teams gameplan.

I don't read tabloids and i don't need to listen the Ferguson rants to see what i see. No major incidents, just the same everyday stuff. i don't pick out a particular incident because there isn't a major one for me to single out its simply run of the mill stuff. Carragher for example would be the one to single out but he's crap and Suarez is your gameplan every weekend and most important player. I'm not saying Suarez is an serial offender worthy of being singled out and i don't think most others do either but we certainly (bar Liverpool fans) won't be buying into the idea thats he's unique in modern day football because he's not. He's looking for the free kicks and the penalties like everyone else.

(And yes dev, i'm well aware he stayed on his feet at Stoke and if he hadn't you would have gotten a penalty blah blah blah but arguements arn't won are they on the basis of a singled out incidence)

Edited by carmine