Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We're 11th in the league for goals scored if my calculations were correct. The bottom two clubs have scored more than us, but obviously conceded far more.

Obviously our organized play and defense is keeping up where we are but with all the chances we get we just need to start scoring way more goals, and I think it can happen. Need better finishing, better final ball and a bit more luck as well.

5 penalties in all comps this season we've had this season and scored only one! That's got to be the worst percentage of any team in England...

We'll turn it around with the goals. Just incredibly frustrating, though.

Yes. I am sure there is a bit of luck involved - good goal keeping by the opposition, plenty of woodwork etc.

On the other hand if you look at the number of shots on target per game, LFC is firmly in 6th with 5.8 just behind Arsenal and the other top clubs with Spurs leading with 7.1. Seems Suarez in particular is trying to score from impossible angles.

We're 11th in the league for goals scored if my calculations were correct. The bottom two clubs have scored more than us, but obviously conceded far more.

Obviously our organized play and defense is keeping up where we are but with all the chances we get we just need to start scoring way more goals, and I think it can happen. Need better finishing, better final ball and a bit more luck as well.

5 penalties in all comps this season we've had this season and scored only one! That's got to be the worst percentage of any team in England...

We'll turn it around with the goals. Just incredibly frustrating, though.

Yes. I am sure there is a bit of luck involved - good goal keeping by the opposition, plenty of woodwork etc.

On the other hand if you look at the number of shots on target per game, LFC is firmly in 6th with 5.8 just behind Arsenal and the other top clubs with Spurs leading with 7.1. Seems Suarez in particular is trying to score from impossible angles.

You see? We are the most entertaining side in the Premiership....just like we've been telling you all along! smile.png

nelly?

What team do you follow?

Liverpool, that's why I am reading the forum. I was tempted to have a look at the United forum but I was to busy doing anything else.giggle.gif

I thought the article was well written as a view by a Latin American on racism and how it is perceived by people. I agree with it, that if you are going to stamp it out then you have to attack all forms of racism. The thing about the evidence is that Suarez was shown no video by the panel and no witnesses came forward so unless the panel had evidence that was not revealed to Suarez then there was none. But I suppose we are speculating until the full details are released.

Yes you are speculating,i suspected you was a dipper! Nelly welcome to the banter.......jap.gif

Edited by MrRed

nelly?

What team do you follow?

Liverpool, that's why I am reading the forum. I was tempted to have a look at the United forum but I was to busy doing anything else.giggle.gif

I thought the article was well written as a view by a Latin American on racism and how it is perceived by people. I agree with it, that if you are going to stamp it out then you have to attack all forms of racism. The thing about the evidence is that Suarez was shown no video by the panel and no witnesses came forward so unless the panel had evidence that was not revealed to Suarez then there was none. But I suppose we are speculating until the full details are released.

Yes you are speculating,i suspected you was a dipper! Nelly welcome to the banter.......jap.gif

Yep nelly welcome to the forum! You'll find there's plenty of fellow scousers on the forum...although you might have to lift a few rocks to find 'em at the moment....

nelly?

What team do you follow?

Mr jingle bells, and now a dipper. If I dip my jingle bells in some Som Tam is it gonna hurt..ha ha (my smilies ain't working).I'm watching Arsenal at the moment and thinking it was better watching benyooooon in a red shirt,.... ohh...... he is in a red shirt. Just one with a stupid badge on it. I go on rawk a lot and all I see on there are ultra sensible posts, people going on about how many centuries they have supported LFC for and insults. I hope this one is a bit more fun.

Solid defence, creating chances, playing some open attacking football we just need to take a few more chances.

After 18 games last season, we had had 22 points (vs. 31pts to now), we were in 12th place (vs. 6th now ), and 12 pts out of CL contention compared 3 pts now.

Patience...it's gonna come good.

Edited by Devil

Solid defence, creating chances, playing some open attacking football we just need to take a few more chances.

After 18 games last season, we had had 22 points (vs. 31pts to now), we were in 12th place (vs. 6th now ), and 12 pts out of CL contention compared 3 pts now.

Patience...it's gonna come good.

Do me a favour Dev....at this rate you're more likely ending up in a relegation dogfight.

Surely a BIG club is going to be knockin at Newcastle's door for Demba Ba.......he makes the money spent on Carroll shocking!

Agree with this, maybe we should go knocking the door down, or swap carroll back

Surely a BIG club is going to be knockin at Newcastle's door for Demba Ba.......he makes the money spent on Carroll shocking!

Agree with this, maybe we should go knocking the door down, or swap carroll back

Funny football isn't it? if you could swap him now and i mean a straight swap.....it would be a done deal i am sure,as for Carroll he would still look a plonker.

nellyp, I'm a Scouser, but I am from the more thinking, much more depressed half of Merseyside, and only come on this board because it is lonely on the Everton one, as we have a Groundhog Day season, as per usual.

I love reading some of the posts on this board, especially when things don't go Liverpool's way (you know, a disputed throw-in and the like on which the whole of the Premiership has turned, or whatever this week's injustice is).

Some of the non-Scousers might like to know I was back in Liverpool last week and amused to see in the Liverpool One shopping development in the city centre that Everton have opened a merchandise shop called "Everton 2"!

I kid you not.

Funny football isn't it? if you could swap him now and i mean a straight swap.....it would be a done deal i am sure,as for Carroll he would still look a plonker.

It would be a massive shame if carroll became a has been already. I liked him at Newcastle, but he ain't done S*%T since he's been playing in Red. Perhaps he needs those go faster stripes.

It would be a massive shame if carroll became a has been already. I liked him at Newcastle, but he ain't done S*%T since he's been playing in Red. Perhaps he needs those go faster stripes.

This has to be another conspiracy theory....stay tuned folks. violin.gif

Kenny has said that Carroll " is not lacking in confidence" ............ well there goes he's only excuse for playing <deleted> 15.gif

You've forgotten his stargazing through the bottom of a vodka bottle.

I'm sure that's just a rumour however....whistling.gif

Well it seems Suarez is out of the Newcastle match. Time for your £35m to shine against his favourite club?

This is a useful report from the Daily Telegraph, including this great comment:

Although Liverpool accepted the charge, the club appealed against the severity of the financial penalty, despite the figure being agreed and approved prior to the season by the Premier League and League Managers’ Association as the standard punishment for the offence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8981591/Liverpools-Luis-Suarez-given-new-one-match-ban-by-the-FA.html

Well it seems Suarez is out of the Newcastle match. Time for your £35m to shine against his favourite club?

I don't get this old club, or boyhood supporter stuff. If I was playing my brother, who played in a team of my all time heroes I'd still want to win. If you don't want to win, why compete at the top level. It's not like he has nothing to prove, or that he does not have the ability. I just hope the ability comes through, then he will have proved something, and shown commitment to our (and his) cause above all else.

I don't get this old club, or boyhood supporter stuff. If I was playing my brother, who played in a team of my all time heroes I'd still want to win. If you don't want to win, why compete at the top level. It's not like he has nothing to prove, or that he does not have the ability. I just hope the ability comes through, then he will have proved something, and shown commitment to our (and his) cause above all else.

Is his commitment to football...or the betterment of his bank balance? Throw in a few birds for good measure....you tell me....

Is his commitment to football...or the betterment of his bank balance? Throw in a few birds for good measure....you tell me....

What sort of birds are we talking about here. The 'pouting star bird' variety or the 'quite frankly I will take anything' type.

So we have completed the first half of this season (19) and Kenny has now been in charge for almost a full season (37 matches). It is probably a good time to assess how he is doing. First of all we round him up to 38 matches by awarding KD, RH's last loss (which also neatly splits last season in half). While this might seem a little unfair it is worth bearing in mind that Kenny's 38th match is away to City who have dropped 2 points at home in the last calendar year.

So for his first 38 matches under Kenny he has scored 67 points which is a considerable improvement to the 58 points scored in the previous 38 matches (half RH, half Rafa). Obviously the squad has had net investment of 46m but the gentle slide of Rafa, followed by the vertical decline of RH has been reversed.

Unfortunately, there is still a lot to do. If we look at the top six and their last 38 matches, we see....

Utd 84

City 81

Chelsea 71

Spurs 71

Arsenal 68

LFC 67

....we are still in 6th place. And there is certainly a huge gap to the two Manchester teams.

Really the most surprising result in the top 6 is the decline of Chelsea. They have 71 points in the last 38 matches compared to 78 points in the 38 matches before that. I say the decline is a surprise because over the last two windows they have invested net 130m (v. net 46m for LFC) but instead of making any progress they have gone backwards. The only club to have in anyway matched them for spend is City whose net spend is about the same. I cant help but think that AVB's appointment accounts for much of their current form - he has experimented with line up and tactics with a team that isnt of his own choosing.

Interesting comments about Suarez's evidence, compared to Evra's detailed recollection - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16375963.stm

Happy New year everyone. Let's hope for more footy fun in 2012.

Actually from a quick read through of the documentation, the reason that the situation got so out of hand is something like this.

After the match Evra went to Ferguson and said 'Hey boss, Suarez called me a nigger'. Ferguson then asked him whether he wanted to report it to the ref and when he said he did he took him to see the ref. Ferguson first told the ref that 'one of the Liverpool players called Evra a nigger.' So all quite understandable at this point.

Evra and Suarez had a conversation in Spanish on the pitch. The exact words are disputed but at the very least Suarez admits to using the word 'negro' once. At no point does Evra say he used the word 'nigger'. The problem is that Evra is not fluent in Spanish (no reason he should be) and while in Spanish 'negro' basically means 'black' in Italian it is a direct translation of 'nigger'. And this is what he assumed Suarez was calling him. That why he told Ferguson Suarez had called him a nigger and why Ferguson also told that to the ref.