Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just listening to a football show over here and they have just shown a stat that with Suarez in the team you win 42.7% of your games. However, when he doesn't play you win 60.9% of your games. Interesting stat I thought. Should you get rid and cash in?

If Henry and Werner read those stats they'll be sticking a for sale sign around Suarez's neck. Thats a huge difference in win percentage!

Impressive performance too last night. I think Coutinho is going to prove a very good signing.

Impressive Coutinho. I didn't think much of the signing initially, but for 20 he has a great eye and composure.
I mentioned before he was cut from the same cloth as Neymar which I think a few on here thought I was somehow exaggerating his ability....I was saying this more so based on that both he and Neymar had played together right throught the brazil youth set ups for the under 15 and 17 national teams. Both singled out as future stars and in some ways the media compare them in a sort of unfair rivalry - hence why I said cut from the same cloth.

Physical development has been the major difference between both players and two very different carer paths, Neymar is now the big Star of course and has obviously developed better physically with that needed pace and power which is now part of the modern game.

Coutinho still looks physically the same at 20 as he did when he was 17...and is naturally slight of build which is probably why he didn't make a impact when first moving to European football. Rafa obviously saw something tin him to bring him to Inter at such a young age. And I am sure Liverpool will work on improving his strength, toughness, stamina as they have done so far with Sterling.

What he does have is that creativity, touch and willingness to run at people and look like he might have goals in him which I haven't seen in a Liverpool player since when the likes of Mcmanaman, Beardsley were playing. He is probably more like a Juninho if comparing to to a Basilian of yesteryear and at 10m he is looking like a real steal for 20 year old with this much promise.

Edited by Devil

Just listening to a football show over here and they have just shown a stat that with Suarez in the team you win 42.7% of your games. However, when he doesn't play you win 60.9% of your games. Interesting stat I thought. Should you get rid and cash in?

If Henry and Werner read those stats they'll be sticking a for sale sign around Suarez's neck. Thats a huge difference in win percentage!

Impressive performance too last night. I think Coutinho is going to prove a very good signing.

Impressive Coutinho. I didn't think much of the signing initially, but for 20 he has a great eye and composure.
I mentioned before he was cut from the same cloth as Neymar which I think a few on here thought I was somehow exaggerating his ability....I was saying this more so based on that both he and Neymar had played together right throught the brazil youth set ups for the under 15 and 17 national teams. Both singled out as future stars and in some ways the media compare them in a sort of unfair rivalry - hence why I said cut from the same cloth.

Physical development has been the major difference between both players and two very different carer paths, Neymar is now the big Star of course and has obviously developed better physically with that needed pace and power which is now part of the modern game.

Coutinho still looks physically the same at 20 as he did when he was 17...and is naturally slight of build which is probably why he didn't make a impact when first moving to European football. Rafa obviously saw something tin him to bring him to Inter at such a young age. And I am sure Liverpool will work on improving his strength, toughness, stamina as they have done so far with Sterling.

What he does have is that creativity, touch and willingness to run at people and look like he might have goals in him which I haven't seen in a Liverpool player since when the likes of Mcmanaman, Beardsley were playing. He is probably more like a Juninho if comparing to to a Basilian of yesteryear and at 10m he is looking like a real steal for 20 year old with this much promise.

He put a stiff shoulder on someone yesterday for the 4th or 5th goal, can't remember who it was but I was waiting for the ref to blow for a foul he hit him that well.

• Like 1

He put a stiff shoulder on someone yesterday for the 4th or 5th goal, can't remember who it was but I was waiting for the ref to blow for a foul he hit him that well.

Yeah I saw that too. I like a bit of physical and was quite impressed with his strength for a small chap. Was it against that Debuchy (sp) guy who later got sent off?

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that too. I like a bit of physical and was quite impressed with his strength for a small chap. Was it against that Debuchy (sp) guy who later got sent off?

yes that was it for the 3rd goal. A few more bacon sarnies and iron brews and he will get stronger.

They blow up too readily on good old fashion 50-50 balls. It used to be fine to send someone flying with a shoulder barge if the ball was 50-50.

"THIS IS OOREDOO"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316191/Liverpool-linked-sponsorship-Qatari-firm-Ooredoo.html

Somehow it doesn't have quite the same ring does it and I suspect when coming out onto the pitch touching the "THIS IS OOREDOO" badge on the way won't have the same meaning either.whistling.gif...................although it does have red through the middle so you won't have to change the colour of your shirtsthumbsup.gif

Edited by sumrit

And for something completely dfifferent and worthwhile - and some amusing blindfold penalty action, I just came across this:

Nice to have a smile while reading the forum. I need to do it more. My life ain't that difficult, sometimes a chill pill is needed.

• Like 1

"THIS IS OOREDOO"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316191/Liverpool-linked-sponsorship-Qatari-firm-Ooredoo.html

Somehow it doesn't have quite the same ring does it and I suspect when coming out onto the pitch touching the "THIS IS OOREDOO" badge on the way won't have the same meaning either.whistling.gif...................although it does have red through the middle so you won't have to change the colour of your shirtsthumbsup.gif

I wonder if they fancy building a stadium for us, they certainly have enough money.

Anyway, ooRedoo I'd be fine with that if it helps us compete on the park ooRedoo stadium it is.

Erm but we'll be keeping "This is Anfield" that will always be.

Edited by BangrakBob

It would be interesting if they were serious about investing in our club, or if they wanted to buy out NESV.

I don't think it will happen though and I don't want to be negative, but these things are kept under wraps until all confirmed.

It would be interesting if they were serious about investing in our club, or if they wanted to buy out NESV.

I don't think it will happen though and I don't want to be negative, but these things are kept under wraps until all confirmed.

Well apparently they are going to redevelop Anfield now. It took them 2 years to come to that conclusion, but we don't know when it will happen, when it will start, when it will finish. There are properties to buy, designs to be made, restrictions to be clarified, permits and etc etc. It just looks like a stalling announcement with no substance by FSG.

By the time they get round to doing this, a Qatari group could of bought us, built a new stadium and sold us again.

Some posts and replies have been removed. We ain't going to go down that route.

But you've left the previous post in (12522) where mad mary has deleted my comments without adding any comment. If somebody wants to report my comment that's fine, if they want to reply to it, good or bad, that's fine. Or if they want to reply to just one part deleting the rest is OK, But surely to just delete my comment without adding an explanation/comment is wrong.

• Like 1

Some posts and replies have been removed. We ain't going to go down that route.

But you've left the previous post in (12522) where mad mary has deleted my comments without adding any comment. If somebody wants to report my comment that's fine, if they want to reply to it, good or bad, that's fine. Or if they want to reply to just one part deleting the rest is OK, But surely to just delete my comment without adding an explanation/comment is wrong.

I haven't touched that post as I didn't notice what had been done. It was the following ones that I removed but I will remove it now.

Oooooooooh, what did I miss? :-)

Wow I'm amazed something has been removed. After the crap I said before I guess insults must be Ok, so what was this????? Curiouser and curiouser.

And there's me thinking that Ex Liverpool players are bias :

Former Liverpool player John Aldridge says Luis Suarez deserved to win the PFA Player of the Year award because Gareth Bale is one of the Premier League’s ‘biggest cheats’.

Can't stop laughing !

• Like 1

Former Liverpool player John Aldridge says Luis Suarez deserved to win the PFA Player of the Year award because Gareth Bale is one of the Premier League’s ‘biggest cheats’.

Can't stop laughing !

I'm imagining he said it tongue in cheek. If so, quite funny. If not he deserves his own tv show so he can make a knob of himself every week.

On a serious, un Aldridge like point, regardless of whether posters feel someone else would have been a better choice, i think its fair to say Bale was a very worthy winner. He's also a model professional and nor behaved like an idiot as has Suarez... the last points relevence is that its nice to have a player of the year that isn't a complete <deleted>.

Can't stop laughing !

I'm imagining he said it tongue in cheek. If so, quite funny. If not he deserves his own tv show so he can make a knob of himself every week.

On a serious, un Aldridge like point, regardless of whether posters feel someone else would have been a better choice, i think its fair to say Bale was a very worthy winner. He's also a model professional and nor behaved like an idiot as has Suarez... the last points relevence is that its nice to have a player of the year that isn't a complete <deleted>.

It seems the quote is slighty wrong and there should have been an "and" instead of the "because".

I think it's time to get the yanks out banners dusted off. These idiots haven't got a clue how to get us back in the top4. They had their chance to spend loads before FFp kicked in and sat around with their thumbs up their arse.

But the good things is 3 years down the line when all our talented players have gone and we are bottom half at best we should be cheap so hopefully some rich Arab can come and put John Henry and his cronies out of their misery.

Just read Liverpool have rejected any fair play route into the Europa league by booking a pre season tour. Good move. Don't want to play in that <deleted>.

I think you'll find the pre season tour was organized well before the fair play route became the only route into Europe. It'll be interesting to see what Liverpool actually do about the pre season tour and what players are actually sent on that tour IF the fair play route is offered to them.

They will do whatever their manager tells them and to be honest it's not in their interests to be playing in that joke of a competition.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard and co were very happy to win the Uefa Cup back in 2001. It isn't a joke of a competition. It's a European trophy. You won't see Chelsea players complaining if they win it. I know fans like to dismiss it and players would rather be in the Champions League, but if they're in it, they're happy to be able to compete for another trophy as that's what football's about. I honestly don't understand calling it a joke. It's more a joke that we're not high enough on the table to be qualifying for it outright.

As for Fair Play, at the moment, as I understand it, it's not even an issue as England are fourth in the Fair Play table and only one club from the top 3 countries in the Fair Play table get in, so Liverpool wouldn't even get it if they were the eligible team from England. If England don't come in third or higher at the end of the season, it won't matter anyway. I think they are betting on that, regardless. And yeah, I think they are planning on declining if Liverpool did get it, as the pre-season tour is probably more lucrative and it's pretty set in stone.

Edited by Jimjim

Uefa cup was different. It had a better feel to it as it was pure knockout. This new format is rubbish and really there isn't any financial or other incentive. Platini has already spoken about folding this into the CL so I'm not alone in thinking its a waste of time.

Uefa cup was different. It had a better feel to it as it was pure knockout. This new format is rubbish and really there isn't any financial or other incentive. Platini has already spoken about folding this into the CL so I'm not alone in thinking its a waste of time.

I know you're not alone as I've heard it before. I simply disagree with it, that's all. When it comes down to it, it's a great competition in the latter stages. All teams in the semis now are quality teams. Basel dumped Man U out of Europe last season. If I could attend a Europa Final match with Liverpool there, I'm sure it'd be a fantastic occasion.

Wouldn't you rather come in 5th then 7th in the table? I sure as hell would.

Europe League is probably too bloated, but if we're not even in that it's telling, to me. Top 4 would be better, obviously. Coming 1st would be better, obviously. But we're simply not there right now. I'm encouraged by the amount of goals we've scored this season compared to last, though.

Next season we just have to be better. Not challenging for Champions League the last few seasons has just been depressing, especially as all these mediocre seasons followed on from a season where we were a whisker from winning the league. If we'd kicked on and added to the squad instead of selling Alonso, we could have been champions I feel. But we were essentially bankrupt. Anyway, I'm going way off topic here...

Bottom line is if we only have to concentrate on domestic competitions then surely that's better. Our squad is thin as it is and even thinner in the quality dept so unless numnuts redsox decides to spend some money we need to not be worrying about a completion which is going to do nothing to enhance our chances are finishing higher in the league.

• Like 1

Oooooooooh, what did I miss? :-)

Wow I'm amazed something has been removed. After the crap I said before I guess insults must be Ok, so what was this????? Curiouser and curiouser.

The vultures were still picking at the bones of a long finished rotten carcass .!!

Bottom line is if we only have to concentrate on domestic competitions then surely that's better. Our squad is thin as it is and even thinner in the quality dept so unless numnuts redsox decides to spend some money we need to not be worrying about a completion which is going to do nothing to enhance our chances are finishing higher in the league.

Well we don't need to be worrying about it because we won't be in it! :)

We concentrated on domestic comps with King Kenny and he always played a strong team in the cups and we had two cup finals plus one victory. I think we were all thankful for that. But the league form was horrible. So all we have to do is do the same thing like that season but make sure the league is much better. Easier said than done.

You looked as bad as us last night - without Suarez you're just journeymen. I was disappointed with getting the usual biased ref at Anfield treatment, re the goal, but we didn't look like we had a match winner apart from that incident.

I enjoyed Gerard's downplaying of Liverpool finishing below Everton again this season (if you do, that is) suggesting it's not important. Try telling that to my Reds-supporting mates...