Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

also bad rumours that today is pepe reina's last match for the club. he'll be so, so hard to replace this summer if so. but when barcelona come knocking you don't really have to think that hard do you?

Pepe is 95% sure to leave for Barca according to "Macca" maybe we'll get someone coming the other direction. Regarding keepers, there is no shortage of decent in EPL at the moment, some fighting for starting 11, should be able to get someone decent.

On a side note, young Ibe looked prmoising yesterday.

Pepe is 95% sure to leave for Barca according to "Macca" maybe we'll get someone coming the other direction. Regarding keepers, there is no shortage of decent in EPL at the moment, some fighting for starting 11, should be able to get someone decent.

What about Alex McCarthy of Reading.....Roy Hodgson has just picked him for England, so he must be good. whistling.gif

Edited by uptheos

mignolet is good, begovic is good but would be expensive. julio cesar from QPR would be a reasonable replacement. jack butland might be the one to go after though to get a lad in place for a long while. gutted if reina is going though but can't really blame him if barca have come knocking.

yeah, ibe looked good didn't he? wasn't overawed at all.

What's this you guys are saying about Barca coming in for Reina? For a couple of years he was my favourite keeper but over the last year or so, definitely seemed like his career was on the down-hill slope. Seems like a strange signing for them. What sort of money are we talking?

What's this you guys are saying about Barca coming in for Reina? For a couple of years he was my favourite keeper but over the last year or so, definitely seemed like his career was on the down-hill slope. Seems like a strange signing for them. What sort of money are we talking?

journo from the times reckons it's 90% done or something. valdes wants to leave barca, reina is their preferred replacement. he had a couple of shaky seasons last and the one before where he wasn't as good as previously - i think he's had a fine season this term though. almost back to his best.

What about Alex McCarthy of Reading.....Roy Hodgson has just picked him for England, so he must be good. whistling.gif

Haha Roy's got an eye for talent, as we Reds do know blink.png McCarthy had the game of his life against us, but I'm not sure just yet.

mignolet is good, begovic is good but would be expensive. julio cesar from QPR would be a reasonable replacement. jack butland might be the one to go after though to get a lad in place for a long while. gutted if reina is going though but can't really blame him if barca have come knocking.

yeah, ibe looked good didn't he? wasn't overawed at all.

I like Mignolet.....A lot of rumours last summer and January about Jack Butland so maybe this time.

Fair dos if Reina leaves for Barca, he didn't jump ship when times were tough and has been great on his.

I thought Ibe was really good. I don't want to compare with Sterling after 1 match, but he looked to have a greater dimension to his game and a bit more composure. That said it was QPR at home with nowt to play for, not as much pressure as Sterling had early on in the season.

Haha Roy's got an eye for talent, as we Reds do know blink.png McCarthy had the game of his life against us, but I'm not sure just yet.

How can you not be sure, he's going to be an England International, hand picked by one of the most experienced managers around. Surely if he's good enough to play for England he could fit the bill at Liverpool. rolleyes.gif

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

How can you not be sure, he's going to be an England International, hand picked by one of the most experienced managers around. Surely if he's good enough to play for England he could fit the bill at Liverpool. rolleyes.gif

two words: paul konchesky.

• Like 1

Fair dos if Reina leaves for Barca, he didn't jump ship when times were tough and has been great on his.

Have I missed a few seasons or something? I thought times were STILL tough for you lot? No silverware, not in Europe, not anywhere near the Premier League's Top Table (ike what we are) and finishing second best out of the chasing pack doesn't seem like a not-tough season to me, especially for a club with all that History.

Have I missed a few seasons or something? I thought times were STILL tough for you lot? No silverware, not in Europe, not anywhere near the Premier League's Top Table (ike what we are) and finishing second best out of the chasing pack doesn't seem like a not-tough season to me, especially for a club with all that History.

"like what we are" so 2 points away from you this year and it looks a whole lot better does it?clap2.gif Oh and "second best" I thought we were third best, but obviously our measurement of success differs.

Anyways, "times were tough" comment refers to the almost bankrupt end of Gillet & Hicks days. . Reina would have known and could have left but he didn't.

Edited by BangrakBob

apparently last night's bbc panorama told the wider world what liverpool fans knew already - albeit with the evidence that's been hidden all these years finally revealed.

if anyone wants a direct download link to the show, PM me.

I saw the programme last night.

It was accurate and damning of the police both at the ground and in the months and years afterwards.

Perhaps we should have an investigation as to why this programme never aired 20 years ago. ;)

• Like 1

There should be prosecutions for those still alive and sisgrace heaped on those who are not frankly for the responsible for this appalling cover up.

The tragedy is this was down to human errors...which while terrible in this case can be understood and absorbed.

What happened after was pure evil.

• Like 1

yes, the subsequent cover-up was institutional and just so underhand it defies belief. but there it is, absolutely proven and out in the open now.

bernard ingham wants to issue a public apology for starters. and i don't know how norman bettison, amongst others, sleeps at night.

summer transfer shenanigans have kicked off already then. echo has us making schalke's big unit of a centreback kyriakos papadopoulos our number one target and we're interested in signing kolo toure on a free from city to replace carragher. no further interest in ashley williams. also keen to bring in sporting lisbon's tiago ilori.

• Like 1

the tragedy at Hillsborough is fundementaly down to those who choose to put the most fans in the smallest endbeatdeadhorse.gif , it took all of 10 mins to work that one out and that prompted the poor decision making that followed, and over a quarter of a century later the cops and authorities are still dragging their damb <deleted> <deleted> sorry but in my experience cops still to this day still make appallingly stiupid decisions around crowd control and then refuse to take any responsibility.

Anyway good signing for liverpool? http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/liverpool-kolo-toure-defence

Ide say so,if he can keep a handle on his weight/fitness.

The rumour mill is saying that you are taking out-of-contract Kolo Toure to Liverpool

he's always looked a bit past it to me the past couple of seasons boj. though as experienced 3rd or 4th choice centreback i suppose we could do worse. how's he been when he's played for city recently?

andy carroll, 15m to west ham. ok, i'll take that. dreadful transfer but ho hum, we move on.

Yeah, that's not a great return on investment, but 15 million for him is a good deals for you at this point. I think he fits in the 10 million bracket to be fair. One good season in the premiership and bang his price went through the roof. Anyway , we've had Veron at 27 million, so all clubs buy some.

andy carroll, 15m to west ham. ok, i'll take that. dreadful transfer but ho hum, we move on.

Yeah, that's not a great return on investment, but 15 million for him is a good deals for you at this point. I think he fits in the 10 million bracket to be fair. One good season in the premiership and bang his price went through the roof. Anyway , we've had Veron at 27 million, so all clubs buy some.

I agree about the £15m.....grab the money and run.

Wet Spam have gone all giddy with their new rented stadium.