Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Feisty in here. In my opinion Alfie is not being racist, and shame on those who are implying such. He merely stated that players of African descent, in his opinion, have a tendency to have bad attitudes (when it comes to stardom, high wages and football). This is a cultural issue and what he is getting at would be abundantly clear if you have lived or worked in African countries. If the player in person is second generation (or greater) French, then the cultural influences being discussed would diminish accordingly.

it's a patently ridiculous generalisation. should we talk about marcel desailly's bad attitude and his foundation in ghana? how about lilian thuram's bad attitude and his place at the forefront of equal rights work in france now as a budding politician? that patrick vieira's a right bastard as well isn't he?

meanwhile white british players are all about the good, positive and professional attitude aren't they? all of france just loves joey barton for example.

don't think alfie was particularly being overtly racist, just being a bloody idiot.

Because you don't agree with me thats makes me an idiot does it, get off your left wing perch and see life how it really is !

Because life is all about sterotypes, and not being able to break out of them. And of course life is all about people using generalisation to spread biogotted thoughts to the masses. You have made a remark that may not be overtly racist, but it is definately borderline. You made a comment that would generally (opps excuse me) be considered as indefensible, just stop trying to defend, at lets move on.

OK ignore this, it was petering out until I wrote this ...so. Back to football. I wish this game was at OT as I think it's a bridge too far at the moment. Then later we can beat them at home. As it is i am hoping to see lots of movement to make em panic, and I don't want to here "Van Persie" to often. Big day for our defence. my heart is screaming 2-0, but my head is saying 1-2. I won't be happy with a draw...but I'll take it

Edited by nellyp

I popped out for ice for my beer, come back and.......HALLELUHIA 1-0. I missed the goal. Oh wait I cant <deleted> see it anyway, I reading the game through my phone on the net. My life stinks

I popped out for ice for my beer, come back and.......HALLELUHIA 1-0. I missed the goal. Oh wait I cant <deleted> see it anyway, I reading the game through my phone on the net. My life stinks

Hah! You think your life stinks? Fox Sports just disappeared from Rawai cable and a French crap match on Astro 2 is on instead!

<deleted>?

Saw the first 12 minutes of Man U vs. L'pool and then some prat at Rawai cable changed the freakin' channel!

Hah! You think your life stinks? Fox Sports just disappeared from Rawai cable and a French crap match on Astro 2 is on instead!

<deleted>?

Saw the first 12 minutes of Man U vs. L'pool and then some prat at Rawai cable changed the freakin' channel!

That used to happen to me in Sisaket. Football was a bargain at 299 for a month with all Prem games. But they did used to turn it over now and again. Get their phone number and offer them money.biggrin.png

we just beat united and moyes had a face like a brutally slapped arse. your life is wonderful.

• Like 2

we just beat united and moyes had a face like a brutally slapped arse. your life is wonderful.

Yes, life is good. 3 out of 3 aint bad

• Like 1

What a difference 12 months makes eh boys. This time last year you were almost rock bottom.

• Like 1

9 points going into an international break and just beat united at home. we're far from the finished article but this is hugely enjoyable.

What racist got to do with it numpty, read what i said

new profile pic for you mate

He might well have been born in France but when someone is as black as the ace of spades i tend to think of them as African and therefore have an African mentality rather than a French one !

I never said you were a racist nor insinuated it, just ignorant wink.png

Whys that then ?

45.gif45.gif

Alfie mate I apologise for the Garnett pic it was a bit harsh, you seem like a nice bloke and i know there was nothing intended in your post.

9 points going into an international break and just beat united at home. we're far from the finished article but this is hugely enjoyable.

Delighted, first half thought we were fantastic, moved the ball well and pressed superbly. Tactically Brendan done well with pressing them high up the field, and marking Carrick and Cleverly, forcing them to play a lot of long hopeful balls.

Second half we tired and didn't keep the ball very well. They had a lot of possession but couldn't create and clear cut chances. Overall very pleased!!

Liverpool look to have made some excellent buys with the likes of Mignolet,Coutinho,Aspas and Sturridge and still have Suarez waiting to come back.

Manchester United havent signed anyone apart from the young Uruguayan right back.They desperately need two top class midfielders and today is there last chance to bring someone in.

lest we forget....

bloody hell bob, can you issue a warning next time you post a photo like that? not good for my blood pressure. christ i cannot stand that man.

I don't think anyone else in the admin at Anfield can either. Apparently there was a administration "mix up" with his ticket for yesterdays match and he ended up in the cheaper seats instead of the directors area. laugh.png

• Like 1

I can remember when Liverpool were just an ordinary team, then along came Shankly, now there was a manager and some other good ones followed afterwards but for over 20 years Liverpool have been in the doldrums, now after 3 matches and 3 wins, top the league, confidence is high and it looks better than hoped for, it will interesting to see how things look at Christmas. This season before the kick off, I would have said top 4 same again, even though Spurs and Liverpool have spent a lot, it takes a lot get there, with the good start maybe Luis will feel heartened but where do you play him and who do you leave out from a winning side?

As ever every season is different, but never dull and its good that there are 6 or 7 aiming for the top 4.

Edited by nong38
  • Like 1

I can remember when Liverpool were just an ordinary team, then along came Shankly, now there was a manager and some other good ones followed afterwards but for over 20 years Liverpool have been in the doldrums, now after 3 matches and 3 wins, top the league, confidence is high and it looks better than hoped for, it will interesting to see how things look at Christmas. This season before the kick off, I would have said top 4 same again, even though Spurs and Liverpool have spent a lot, it takes a lot get there, with the good start maybe Luis will feel heartened but where do you play him and who do you leave out from a winning side?

As ever every season is different, but never dull and its good that there are 6 or 7 aiming for the top 4.

Suarez will come in for Aspas ,I'm 99.9% sure of that .The front three/four will be very fluid,with them pulling defenders left ,right & deep at will.

Bloody hell how old are you if you remember before shankly arrived??whistling.gif

• Like 1