Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Chicog thinks that Klopp is a busted flush (cheesy.gif ), Martinez too inexperienced, Simeone (can't remember why he was inappropriate for Wenger's job) and Garcia (... 'who is Garcia?'cheesy.gif ).

I disagree, but who would you boys want if it's curtains for BR? Not that what we fans think ever has any bearing on manager selection.

Personally I think Klopp is ripe for the picking - Dortmund's league form is all about having not enough money to avoid having your best player ripped away from you every other year (and Reus' injury) the frustration about which shows on Klopp's face and in his reported press 'come and get me' comments to the Prem. Hope he hangs on another 12 to 18 months for the Arsenal job, but I would hate to see him lost to a PSG/Russian/Arab/nouveau riche outfit.

marcelo bielsa. let's at least have some fun again.

i don't think that rodgers is necessarily a dead duck because he is still very young and still learning - but christ he's making it hard to defend him at the moment.

You may find this interesting Stevie...http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2190637/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-must-stick-to-his-roots-in-order-to-rescue-the-reds

yeah read that last night - i'm not always the biggest fan of marcotti but he makes a decent defence of rodgers there.

that's the most puzzling thing about rogders and liverpool this season - he seems to have abandoned his entire philosophy, just got nervous and stopped doing everything that we did well last season. we might not have suarez and have been without sturridge but that isn't a reason to stop playing the way you played last season - the high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game - because it worked. sitting back and lamping crosses at rickie lambert or mario balotelli doesn't work, it's piss easy to defend against and we're then really easy to counter-attack against. and we still can't defend and noboody trusts the goalkeeper. rodgers definitely does need to go back to square one and start from his first principles again.

The high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game only works if you have the right type of players to use it, perhaps he feels it was ok with Suarez and Sturridge but that neither Balotelli or Lambert are capable of playing that system !

yeah read that last night - i'm not always the biggest fan of marcotti but he makes a decent defence of rodgers there.

that's the most puzzling thing about rogders and liverpool this season - he seems to have abandoned his entire philosophy, just got nervous and stopped doing everything that we did well last season. we might not have suarez and have been without sturridge but that isn't a reason to stop playing the way you played last season - the high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game - because it worked. sitting back and lamping crosses at rickie lambert or mario balotelli doesn't work, it's piss easy to defend against and we're then really easy to counter-attack against. and we still can't defend and noboody trusts the goalkeeper. rodgers definitely does need to go back to square one and start from his first principles again.

The high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game only works if you have the right type of players to use it, perhaps he feels it was ok with Suarez and Sturridge but that neither Balotelli or Lambert are capable of playing that system !

so why did he sign them then?

This is it really, why did he sign these players. Lickie is slow and has very little movement, Balo and borini have a bit more pace but are no way near as intelligent as Sturridge and Suarez.

balotelli doesn't play as the kind of forward we need though - he's all back to goal and doesn't make runs in behind defences like sturridge does. and that's what we're missing most, both from a goal threat perspective and also as an out ball when we're defending. lambert and balotelli both play back to goal, we don't get players in behind, so when we lose possession in the attacking third we're immediately on the back foot and open to a counter-attack from somewhere in midfield. it's a total and utter mess mate.

Perhaps he didn't realize how slow they are sad.png

Options think they were gonna be the plan b which arguably u lacked last season,aka v the chavs. And injuries turned them into plan a.

Options think they were gonna be the plan b which arguably u lacked last season,aka v the chavs. And injuries turned them into plan a.

We didn't need a Plan B last season, and it looks like our club thought we wouldn't need one this season. Considering our style of play in 2013/14 has no correlation to the style of play of either Ricky of Mario you'd have to think that Rodgers didn't plan for this, or someone stole his brain in the summer and he decided to completely swap that winning formula of play for the <deleted> we are watching this season.

Edited by BangrakBob

You be the dog and duck and we can be the red lion ok biggrin.png

You should know better Stevie these games ignite the passion in both clubs which is what you are missing at the moment you most probably will put in a performance and then go back to mediocrity for your next match therein lies your problems.

I bet he doesn't rest Gerrard for this game.

It is an interesting game a lot hinges on it for Rodgers future and a win for us will really put us back in the mix.

Come on United!! wink.png

have an awful feeling we're going to get turned over very easily on sunday. united might be crap in defence but they can at least score goals. we're crap in defence and couldn't score in amsterdam right now.

so to lighten the mood here's ron atkinson at anfield in the 80s being pelted with snow balls.

B4pll8lIUAAMrNA.jpg

You can put your house it Stevie, and if United are firing up top it could be a big one

You should know better Stevie these games ignite the passion in both clubs which is what you are missing at the moment you most probably will put in a performance and then go back to mediocrity for your next match therein lies your problems.

It is an interesting game a lot hinges on it for Rodgers future and a win for us will really put us back in the mix.

This lot haven't shown an ounce of passion this season, limp wrist-ed bad hair day for the most. I'll have a tenner on us showing nowt in the get stuck in stakes and United put 4 past us.

• Like 1

This lot haven't shown an ounce of passion this season, limp wrist-ed bad hair day for the most. I'll have a tenner on us showing nowt in the get stuck in stakes and United put 4 past us.

yep. got nothing in terms of attitude or grit in our side at the moment, give or take an ageing gerrard. went there and cruised to a 3-0 win back in march and you absolutely knew that we would. now fully expecting to get a whupping this time. bloody annoying.

yep. got nothing in terms of attitude or grit in our side at the moment, give or take an ageing gerrard. went there and cruised to a 3-0 win back in march and you absolutely knew that we would. now fully expecting to get a whupping this time. bloody annoying.

To think that was only March....it's hard to be optimistic when you can't see where that spark or fire may come from (aside Gerrard of course which is not enough).

We didn't need a Plan B last season, and it looks like our club thought we wouldn't need one this season. Considering our style of play in 2013/14 has no correlation to the style of play of either Ricky of Mario you'd have to think that Rodgers didn't plan for this, or someone stole his brain in the summer and he decided to completely swap that winning formula of play for the <deleted> we are watching this season.

you did against the chavs, you threw the kitchen and the sink at them and it was desperately calling for a plan b which you just didnt have, really bang dont think Rodgers wanted to swop styles he's been pushed into it by circumstance and injury and loss's , i know it aint much consolation given all the expectation around this season, just bloody unfortunate.

Has Rodgers completely lost the plot or is it worth the gamble . According to the Star Rodgers is on the verge of re-signing Fernando Torres for free . I have not seen Nando play since he left us , according to reports he is now a shadow of the old Torres , but for me even if he plays on one leg he has got to be better than Lambert , sign him on loan until May , him , Raheem & Surridge (if he ever plays again) could be our saviors .

Rumour-mongering rags are now claiming Stan Collymore says John Henry wanted to sack Rodgers , but Ian Ayre & not named former Liverpool legends talked him out of it . If this is true , unless there is a huge turn around in our abysmal form the writing must be on the wall for Rodgers . Lets be honest he has been given almost 250 mill. & we are out of the C/L in the early stages , we have lost has many games already as we did for the whole of last season , tomorrows result could have a huge bearing on Rodgers future at the club .

Getting worried now with all this throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked by Liverpool fans you might just lift for the one game and snatch something.

As for Rodgers I posted on here start of the season he will get found out like he did at Reading and Watford and he is, even at Swansea he did not build the team he inherited it from Martinez.

Getting worried now with all this throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked by Liverpool fans you might just lift for the one game and snatch something.

As for Rodgers I posted on here start of the season he will get found out like he did at Reading and Watford and he is, even at Swansea he did not build the team he inherited it from Martinez.

Very salient point about inheriting the side from Martinez.

Funnily enough, Martinez would be an interesting choice as replacement.

With Liverpool out of the CL, he needs a good run now to keep his job because if Liverpool lose touch with the top four it's curtains in jan i'd have thought.

Nev , I think you will also find out , Martinez also inherited the team from a certain Paulo de Sousa , does that name ring a bell .

Yes it does mate, I suppose every manager inherite's a side but some leave a good side others a shambles, but all we can go on is the side Brendan inherited was a very good side playing excellent football.

With Liverpool out of the CL, he needs a good run now to keep his job because if Liverpool lose touch with the top four it's curtains in jan i'd have thought.

Carmine , FSG in their wisdom turned down Martinez in favour of Rodgers , Martinez for me is a man of principle , I very much doubt he would stoop so low as to leave Woodison to join us , his life would not be worth living on Merseyside if he did .

A combination possibly. Maybe he didn't do his homework. Lambert was bought on the cheap and Balotelli last minute desperation to get someone in, but ultimately both players unsuited to last seasons Liverpool style of play.

Saying that, Lambert is only a shadow of the player he was at Southampton........a team that relied on the pressing game to get results. Lambert didn't come across as lazy to me when he was at the Saints, hence his call up to the England squad on the back of his performances. It's strange that he's tailed off so badly as this was supposed to be his 'dream move'.

• Like 1

Carmine , FSG in their wisdom turned down Martinez in favour of Rodgers , Martinez for me is a man of principle , I very much doubt he would stoop so low as to leave Woodison to join us , his life would not be worth living on Merseyside if he did .

I know, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

See the knives are out again.

What, by us or the papers?

Regards the forum, i remember posters coming on and being very complimentary about Liverpools play and Rodgers management last season. This season he's been lousy. What do you expect to be said , its a forum for discussion.

Likewise with papers, only difference is some articles well written and others giving the impression the journalist is only semi literate

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

See the knives are out again.

What, by us or the papers?

Who is "us"?

Us meaning all the other posters on the forum, not just Liverpool fans.

Please tell me you are not going down the "everyones picking on us" route?!!

Edited by carmine