Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think in fairness to Ballotelli, he's got in some good positions and if it hadn't been for De Gea being in top form he'd have scored 2 or 3.

Says a lot when the team who is winning 3-0 has their own goalkeeper named MoM

I think it says that the defence is doing it's job and the forwards can score goals....... that's what 3 - 0 looks like to me biggrin.png

Exactly it's all about putting the ball in the net, we did Liverpool did not, bad finishing and good keeping by De Gea and defending cost Liverpool.

If that's your summary of today, then I'm afraid you are in denial fellas.

Nowhere near top form and Man Utd have won 6 on the bounce. Could be interesting when they get some more of the injured back and when they have all the free weeks during the second half of the season - no European games to worry about. Bit like Liverpool last year? As for Liverpool: good luck in the Europa League. It is worth winning - ask Chelsea. Tomorrow is European trophies draw day.

We created chances, lots of shots and played well in parts - so thats one positive...

Sadly we lack any quality in the box (Striker) and we clearly need a natural DM played in front of the back four (mistake by Rodgers) to play Stevie there today.

• Like 2

three-nil flattered a very, very average united side. but when you defend like we do against decent attackers you're going to get punished.

i'd really like a journo or two to ask brendan what his defensive training involves every day at melwood. because whatever our defensive training is or tactics are, they are not working.

The tactics when defending are to stay close to your man and for the likes of Courtino to track back and help out. I'm sure if you watch a replay you will see there was acres of space for United attackers.The Rooney goal was a classic example, not a soul near him, and Courtino ambling back.The defence is shambolic,professional players should not need reminding what is required its a matter of doing it.

It would appear at training Toure and Balotelli have put some work in on shirt pulling,very smart when you are losing to donate free kicks.

Liverpool are in dark place right now and playing Europa Thursday nights is not going to help the cause.

three-nil flattered a very, very average united side. but when you defend like we do against decent attackers you're going to get punished.

i'd really like a journo or two to ask brendan what his defensive training involves every day at melwood. because whatever our defensive training is or tactics are, they are not working.

The tactics when defending are to stay close to your man and for the likes of Courtino to track back and help out. I'm sure if you watch a replay you will see there was acres of space for United attackers.The Rooney goal was a classic example, not a soul near him, and Courtino ambling back.The defence is shambolic,professional players should not need reminding what is required its a matter of doing it.

It would appear at training Toure and Balotelli have put some work in on shirt pulling,very smart when you are losing to donate free kicks.

Liverpool are in dark place right now and playing Europa Thursday nights is not going to help the cause.

It will if we win it

"stay close to your man"? you're seeing something i'm not in the supposed tactics then. first one, valencia given a free pass by three of them then coutinho watches rooney walk away from him. second goal skrtel backs off van persie and gives him a free headed flick-on, granted to an offside scorer. third one just keystone cops farce stuff, everyone including the clown of a goalkeeper all over the place. i don't know what defensive work we do in training every day - because it doesn't look like we really do any at all.

• Like 1

Absolutely right about the defense and in truth Brendon needs to change the record in his post match interviews because someone other than that illiterate clown Geoff Shreeves might remind him one day that Liverpools defense has been shambolic since he first took the reigns.

Suarez and Sturridge up top banging in goals was papering over the defensive cracks and selling a rock solid keeper for an average one didn't help either.

As someone else mentioned, you need a defensive coach and in true Bielsa style, the entire defense should be training separate from the rest of the squad and go through a complete overhaul. Rodgers doesn't seem to have a clue about defending so why doesn't he use a defensive coach?

3-0 did flatter them , the score could have been 5-3 to us . But that does not disguise the fact that terrible marking was responsible for all 3 goals , the first due to Allen`s complete ineptitude , The arrogance of Rodgers to keep playing this schoolboy to try & prove he was worth 15 mill is unbelievable . Then to play him for the full 90 mins was insane . Why was Markovic not on from the start , when he came on instead of replacing Allen , Rodgers takes off Moreno more or less Marko is then in the L/B position. Surely after this latest shambles Rodgers has to go . Get a quality coach & we can still make the top 4 but with Rodgers no chance , bottom 3 is far more likely .
  • Like 1

"stay close to your man"? you're seeing something i'm not in the supposed tactics then. first one, valencia given a free pass by three of them then coutinho watches rooney walk away from him. second goal skrtel backs off van persie and gives him a free headed flick-on, granted to an offside scorer. third one just keystone cops farce stuff, everyone including the clown of a goalkeeper all over the place. i don't know what defensive work we do in training every day - because it doesn't look like we really do any at all.

To be fair, defensive errors by individuals won't get sorted by doing defensive work in training, 3 players getting beaten by one should never happen, tracking back is something that is taught from a schoolboy,staying tight to your player in the box is taught as a schoolboy, these are professional players who should know the basics and if they need to cover these in training then there is something wrong.

Well according to Rodgers.........I can’t fault the commitment of the players because they gave everything.’

Sorry, I didnt see that. I think the 2 main culprits being Coutinho and Sterling. As an outsider looking in, I see the pair of those being a shadow of what they were last season. I see both lacking in passion and only giving 50%.

In my opinion, United were not a better team by 3 goals, they are just an average team with a lot of luck on their side, currently.

For me, Liverpool are the big disappointment of the year. Nothing like the team they were last year. Maybe emotionally and mentally, coming so close last year has screwed them up.

Well according to Rodgers.........I can’t fault the commitment of the players because they gave everything.’

Sorry, I didnt see that. I think the 2 main culprits being Coutinho and Sterling. As an outsider looking in, I see the pair of those being a shadow of what they were last season. I see both lacking in passion and only giving 50%.

In my opinion, United were not a better team by 3 goals, they are just an average team with a lot of luck on their side, currently.

For me, Liverpool are the big disappointment of the year. Nothing like the team they were last year.

Maybe emotionally and mentally, coming so close last year has screwed them up.

Again....

I said last year if they didn't win it, they would drop away, again.

I wasn't ridiculed, but you know what I mean. I was told no chance, this was it, they've done the work, top 4 forever now.

Kick the Karma button.

redrus

• Like 1

Grobbelaaar ,who I personally can't cop but that's beside the point ,is having his 2 bobs worth on Liverpool's situation.

According to him, and he has been rabbiting on about this for a while, its all Mignolet's fault,he let in 52 goals last year and can't

control his area. Not one singe mention of the shambolic defending over last year and this year.

I wish ex footballers with minimal credibility would just button up.

Jones could do no more last night,his defenders left him a sitting duck and I was surprised BR took the gamble but as back up Jones is no where near what they need as a no 1.Last represented Australia in 2007 and is no where near the first choice for his country ,maybe 5th. A promising career was interrupted by the tragic death of his young son and his game time has been minimal ever since.

Grobbelaaar ,who I personally can't cop but that's beside the point ,is having his 2 bobs worth on Liverpool's situation.

According to him, and he has been rabbiting on about this for a while, its all Mignolet's fault,he let in 52 goals last year and can't

control his area. Not one singe mention of the shambolic defending over last year and this year.

Jones could do no more last night,his defenders left him a sitting duck and I was surprised BR took the gamble but as back up Jones is no where near what they need as a no 1.Last represented Australia in 2007 and is no where near the first choice for his country ,maybe 5th. A promising career was interrupted by the tragic death of his young son and his game time has been minimal ever since.

I took particular notice of De Gia yesterday , trying to compare him with Mingo. His shot-stopping was brilliant , but Mingo`s is also very good . De Gia stays rooted to his goal-line as do all the g/k`s I have watched , so what makes De Gia so much better than Mingo , the answer for me is the lack of a quality g/k coach , same applies to our defending , we have not got a quality defending coach but as the saying goes the buck stops with the man in charge ie Rodgers , can we really afford to let him stay thro` the January window . Fsg have told him he has to sell to buy . With his transfer dealings to date I fear not .

For me, Liverpool are the big disappointment of the year. Nothing like the team they were last year. Maybe emotionally and mentally, coming so close last year has screwed them up.

cobblers that jack. sterling and coutinho are putting the effort in but they're being badly coached and badly managed - they've both played far, far too much football for their ages and they are both frankly kids who shouldn't be shouldering the burden and responsibility they are.

Mate Brucy baby helped us win 2 European Cups, Rome and Istanbul, legend credit for "spaghetti legs".

cobblers that jack. sterling and coutinho are putting the effort in but they're being badly coached and badly managed - they've both played far, far too much football for their ages and they are both frankly kids who shouldn't be shouldering the burden and responsibility they are.

So to give you one example........ the first goal where Couthino let Rooney run free........... you are saying that is down to being badly managed or badly coached????

I disagree, thats down to Coutinho not giving a toss. Or are you saying that a player with at least 2 years premiership experience, needs to be schooled on how to pick up and track another player?

As for Sterling last year he was phenomenal. This year average. I dont see him taking on his man as he used to. Is that down to being badly coached??

Cost me a fortune on my fantasy team!! Enough is enough, he is getting dropped by me!!

So to give you one example........ the first goal where Couthino let Rooney run free........... you are saying that is down to being badly managed or badly coached????

I disagree, thats down to Coutinho not giving a toss. Or are you saying that a player with at least 2 years premiership experience, needs to be schooled on how to pick up and track another player?

As for Sterling last year he was phenomenal. This year average. I dont see him taking on his man as he used to. Is that down to being badly coached??

Cost me a fortune on my fantasy team!! Enough is enough, he is getting dropped by me!!

i promise you i watch them more than you do jack, and in the case of those two young players it is not lack of effort. yes, it's down to being badly managed. you cite one specific example of coutinho there, i can give you a dozen others this season where his effort has been great but his options of having someone to pass to have been sh*te, so he's given the ball away through poor decision-making. that's tactics and coaching and what they do on the training pitch.

as for sterling, he's been pretty phenomenal this season too, just that he's having to do it all on his own. so again, not lack of effort. against sunderland last week he beat six men on his own, twice, and had nobody to help him out. effort is fine, in fact it's too much - sterling's been overplayed because our other so-called senior players haven't stepped up.

and bugger your fantasy team. ;)

I'm with you its nonsense to suggest its down to coaching ,its down to desire and commitment obvious to anyone who has played the game and can recognise the body language.Back tracking is a natural instinct you don't have to be told to do it.

Throw in Henderson who last year was looking like the "general" that could replace Gerrard,now just a shadow of what he showed last season.

There is something fundementally wrong at Liverpool and BR is copping it,maybe he deserves it, its in the end, all pure speculation. Maybe the expectations were too high but if fit,healthy young athletes can't give 100% for 90 mins some thing is up.If they are stuffed now what are they going to be like come the end of the season ?

i promise you i watch them more than you do jack, and in the case of those two young players it is not lack of effort. yes, it's down to being badly managed. you cite one specific example of coutinho there, i can give you a dozen others this season where his effort has been great but his options of having someone to pass to have been sh*te, so he's given the ball away through poor decision-making. that's tactics and coaching and what they do on the training pitch.

as for sterling, he's been pretty phenomenal this season too, just that he's having to do it all on his own. so again, not lack of effort. against sunderland last week he beat six men on his own, twice, and had nobody to help him out. effort is fine, in fact it's too much - sterling's been overplayed because our other so-called senior players haven't stepped up.

and bugger your fantasy team. wink.png

Wasn't Rodgers moaning to Hodgson that he was being played to much for England or was it just Sterling that said he was tired?

and bugger your fantasy team. wink.png

Wasn't Rodgers moaning to Hodgson that he was being played to much for England or was it just Sterling that said he was tired?

sterling said he was tired. rodgers complained about england's misuse and mistraining of sturridge. and hodgson is an irredeemable c*nt.

I hope you don't start to have the same feelings for Brendan Stevie .....because it could very well go that way.

Let's face it he has probably squandered more money than Hodgson ever did at Liverpool.