Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I wasnt expecting THAT lineup!!

No recognised centre forward, with 4 forwards on the bench ohmy.png .

One defender and a young kid who hasnt played a single game in the premiership, also on your bench!!

I know Anfield has not been a happy hunting ground for us over the years, but if we dont win this game I will be very disappointed.

Well well well another 3 points, who would have that after our disappointing results on Thursday night and the lads getting to beddy boes on Friday morning.

What a great win today, the lads were brilliant.

C'mon the blues!!!

• Like 1

That was hugely enjoyable. What a balls out performance. Allen had his best game in a red shirt and after the Istanbul palaver that was a great reaction. Deserved win too. Spurs, Saints, City, 9 points. Go ed redmen.

• Like 2

That was hugely enjoyable. What a balls out performance. Allen had his best game in a red shirt and after the Istanbul palaver that was a great reaction. Deserved win too. Spurs, Saints, City, 9 points. Go ed redmen.

Yeah thought Allen was quality today, bloody awesome team performance by all today.

• Like 1

What is Rodgers doing ? we are playing at home & he has Sterling alone up front . Also cracking goal by Hendo but he does not look 100% fit . Sturridge must come on soon .

At the moment I would go all day with Sterling up top on his own, our midfield players are the ones that have pulled this season back at the top end, without strikers. It is their pace that is doing the damage for us.

• Like 1

Comfortable 2:0 win against Chelski <21s. Wilson (pen) and Sinclair with the goals. In the absence of Rossiter, Williams etc, Kevin Stewart played DM and looked good. Possible rick by the spuds letting him go? Getting on a bit (21 already) but could be a late developer?thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

wai2.gif

Comfortable 2:0 win against Chelski <21s. Wilson (pen) and Sinclair with the goals. In the absence of Rossiter, Williams etc, Kevin Stewart played DM and looked good. Possible rick by the spuds letting him go? Getting on a bit (21 already) but could be a late developer?thumbsup.gif

Missed this one will try to watch it later . With Ibe injured maybe a chance for one of the kids eh Will smile.png . Busy little Bee today have to go Immigration for 90 day check wai2.gif .

Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Winks, Ward, Veljkovic, just a few youngsters that were in front of Stewart at the time we let him go !

• Like 1

^Mason? nearly as old as our v-captainbiggrin.png (but not as good and can't shoot straight!) Hardly in the same group as Stewart surely? Bentaleb I would agree with as he looks an outstanding talent.

Inglethorpe or Sherwood on bringinging kids thru? Sherwood takes all the credit but I reckon Inglethorpe was the main man myself. He obviously saw something in Stewartwink.png

Edited by wilai

^Mason? nearly as old as our v-captainbiggrin.png (but not as good and can't shoot straight!) Hardly in the same group as Stewart surely? Bentaleb I would agree with as he looks an outstanding talent.

Inglethorpe or Sherwood on bringinging kids thru? Sherwood takes all the credit but I reckon Inglethorpe was the main man myself. He obviously saw something in Stewartwink.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So do you know what imput Inglethorpe had on all these players ? obviously you must do to be able to make that statement !

Anyway, I'm sorry but I don't go with this any one coach bringing kids through ! for a start they are coached by various coaches through their academy years, it's a kids ability that gets him to the top not who he's coached by !

Footnote : don't listen to Sherwood biggrin.png

Ok take Mason out, so that's only 5 that were in front of Stewart when we outed him laugh.png

Agreed about various coaches but Inglethorpe was there from 2006 and was overseeing overall development of the kids (until Sherwood gained greater power under 'arry and began to take the kudos for everything below....1st team coach wasn't he? Yet still wangled himself the <21 manager job as well!). Something that possibly led to AI's departure in 2012?

I think Inglethorpe has been overlooked by Spurs for his part in bringing thru' the kids. As you keep saying, you have the (secondthumbsup.gif ) youngest team in the Premiership. On Sunday, we had half a team of under 22's playing and turning over the Champions. Yes, some kids have been bought but even they have to learn the team ethic employed by the respective1st XI's...There is a common denominator with both LFC and Spurs in terms of youngster development. Step forward Mr Inglethorpeclap2.gif

as for the footnote....you only have to read his comments in today's Mirror....the self-serving arrogant p%ick!biggrin.png

Agreed about various coaches but Inglethorpe was there from 2006 and was overseeing overall development of the kids (until Sherwood gained greater power under 'arry and began to take the kudos for everything below....1st team coach wasn't he? Yet still wangled himself the <21 manager job as well!). Something that possibly led to AI's departure in 2012?

I think Inglethorpe has been overlooked by Spurs for his part in bringing thru' the kids. As you keep saying, you have the (secondthumbsup.gif ) youngest team in the Premiership. On Sunday, we had half a team of under 22's playing and turning over the Champions. Yes, some kids have been bought but even they have to learn the team ethic employed by the respective1st XI's...There is a common denominator with both LFC and Spurs in terms of youngster development. Step forward Mr Inglethorpeclap2.gif

as for the footnote....you only have to read his comments in today's Mirror....the self-serving arrogant p%ick!biggrin.png

Slight difference ! yours were all bought to the tune of about 50m biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

What kudos and from whom ?

Like iv'e already said, if you think any one man was responsible for the development of the young players then your living in dream world !

What kudos and from whom ?

Like iv'e already said, if you think any one man was responsible for the development of the young players then your living in dream world !

I'm more convinced by Wilai's argument, "living in a dream world" is not much of a rejoinder

^ All about building a team and achieving consistent success. If that costs 50m, then cheap at the price. What you doing with your Bale windfall?...Oh sorrycheesy.gif

As for kudos, yeah, mainly from the man himself! Still claiming Kane and Bentaleb were his creations isn't he? And, like I said, LFC and your lot have now probably overtaken the Arse and ManU in producing youngsters capable of more than holding their own in the Premiership. Inglethorpe can take the credit for that not the plethora of coaches under his instruction.

You might call it a dream world, I would call it a having a plan that fits in with the future aims of the club and ensuring all relevant parties play their part in moving towards and achieving those aims. Leadership maybe? And so far, in his role of Academy Director, Inglethorpe is doing the business! BTW McParland wasn't that bad and neither was Borrell. However, the progression of our youngsters under the Inglethorpe regime is extremely impressive and long may it continue.

All the junior coaches work to a plan formulated by the Academy Director, overseen of course by the Manager himself so if you think that a plethora of different coaches are responsible for players' development as they move through the age groups then it is you, Alfie, that lives in a dream worldcoffee1.gif

So now we can agree to disagree (apart from about Sherwood being a prat) and you can go back to your own thread...Cheerswai2.gif

Edited by wilai

^ All about building a team and achieving consistent success. If that costs 50m, then cheap at the price. What you doing with your Bale windfall?...Oh sorrycheesy.gif

As for kudos, yeah, mainly from the man himself! Still claiming Kane and Bentaleb were his creations isn't he? And, like I said, LFC and your lot have now probably overtaken the Arse and ManU in producing youngsters capable of more than holding their own in the Premiership. Inglethorpe can take the credit for that not the plethora of coaches under his instruction.

You might call it a dream world, I would call it a having a plan that fits in with the future aims of the club and ensuring all relevant parties play their part in moving towards and achieving those aims. Leadership maybe? And so far, in his role of Academy Director, Inglethorpe is doing the business! BTW McParland wasn't that bad and neither was Borrell. However, the progression of our youngsters under the Inglethorpe regime is extremely impressive and long may it continue.

All the junior coaches work to a plan formulated by the Academy Director, overseen of course by the Manager himself so if you think that a plethora of different coaches are responsible for players' development as they move through the age groups then it is you, Alfie, that lives in a dream worldcoffee1.gif

So now we can agree to disagree (apart from about Sherwood being a prat) and you can go back to your own thread...Cheerswai2.gif

Delusional springs to mind, who have you produced recently ? yeah churning em out biggrin.png

To be fair, iv'e heard this all before with West Ham regarding Tony Carr, he produced Lampard, Cole etc etc, who he has produced since that lot ?

You speak like your some sort of expert on academies but you come out with At under 18 level, the clear it/hoof it up the field approach is generally the better bet which is just a load of rubbish !

Obviously not doing the business with the under 18s cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Your post : Posted 2015-02-22 10:50:45

snapback.png

Was a second string side as we have Benfica on Tuesday. No denying that the defence struggles to play the 1st team style (not Critchley's fault as he is under orders from above). At under 18 level, the clear it/hoof it up the field approach is generally the better bet. Not that worried anyway as it will be a long time, if ever, that any of the defenders are ready for promotion to the senior team.

From fonsboy

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win .

Funny how Fons blames the coach, shouldn't he be blaming Inglathorpe biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn