Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

It's that old Top 4 thing again biggrin.png

Last year we were hearing a bout a top 1 thing.

.... but that slipped up.

The upcoming away games at Arsenal and Chelsea (+ Southampton and Spurs' easier run in) will determine whether 'top four' is realistic.

Will he get sacked if you finish fifth?

Or sixth or seventh? biggrin.png

I thought jip99 was a United fan ?.

Jip99 is a Forest supporter - the clue is the the avatar.

Given that it is likely to be a long time before Forest are back in the top flight - and I cannot watch EPL games as a neutral - I have attached my Premiership support to United.

Come on you Reds!

• Like 1

So, international break this week, sad part is, I don't even know who England are playing.

Funny that, neither do i!!!!

Friday 19:45 GMT

England v Lithuania

There's a few friendlies over the next few days aswell.

Scotland v N Ireland

France Brazil.

Tuesday 31st looks like there's a full program of friendlies

Italy v England.

Will he get sacked if you finish fifth?

Or sixth or seventh? biggrin.png

I thought jip99 was a United fan ?.

Jip99 is a Forest supporter - the clue is the the avatar.

Given that it is likely to be a long time before Forest are back in the top flight - and I cannot watch EPL games as a neutral - I have attached my Premiership support to United.

Come on you Reds!

A typical plastic then

• Like 1

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been issued with a three match ban.

It comes after he stood on goalkeeper David De Gea in the last seconds of Liverpool's 2-1 home defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.

The referee missed the foul and Martin Skrtel has said he didn't intend to do it.

The ban means Skrtel will miss big games against Arsenal and Newcastle, plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn.

Total joke that Skrtel only gets the same ban as Gerard.

Gerard's was a split second of madness which he admitted and apologised for.

In Skrtels case he knew 10 metres away, when he was bearing down on De Gea, that he was not going to get to the ball before the keeper.

So instead of hurdling him or swerving he decided to leave his mark and then had the nerve to say it was accidental and appeal.

The FA really bottled it, should have been 10 weeks

• Like 2

In Skrtels case he knew 10 metres away, when he was bearing down on De Gea, that he was not going to get to the ball before the keeper.

So instead of hurdling him or swerving he decided to leave his mark and then had the nerve to say it was accidental and appeal.

your argument has no substantiation based on fact, pure bias emotion there twinkles

• Like 1

your argument has no substantiation based on fact, pure bias emotion there twinkles

I thought if the appeal failed then the ban was increased by one game !

was skrtel sent off by the referee?

was skrtel sent off by the referee?

No, so are you saying that the rules are that you can appeal against a red card given by the panel and not get penalized but if you appeal against a red card given the ref then you do get penalized ?

No, so are you saying that the rules are that you can appeal against a red card given by the panel and not get penalized but if you appeal against a red card given the ref then you do get penalized ?

There is no appeal if the ref has seen it.

If you appeal and it's considered frivolous, then they have the power to extend it.

Quite why the FA didn't see that pathetic bleat of an appeal as frivolous is beyond me.

Gotta love the way people want the death penalty here.

He's got a ban, get over it.

I do agree with you but then again isn't it Skrtel who is the one who has inflamed this?!! If he's kept his trap shut, then everyone else would have moved on as you suggest. Posting pictures of clowns!! Theres only one person behaving like a clown here.

I think the media and football fans are simply irritated by his attitude to the situation. Look how quickly the Gerrard sending off been forgotten since he simply held his hands up..

Could it be Skrtel's actually as stupid as he looks?

Sturridge out for a month, that will be 6 months without this season. Considering no real strikers up front and our form up until December, it's amazing we are actually in 5th spot right now.

Gerrard, Lallana, The Hills Have Eyes all out too. Sterling being relieved from England duty possibly also out.

Arsenal may just put us out of our misery next week.

Sturridge out for a month, that will be 6 months without this season. Considering no real strikers up front and our form up until December, it's amazing we are actually in 5th spot right now.

Gerrard, Lallana, The Hills Have Eyes all out too. Sterling being relieved from England duty possibly also out.

Come on Bob don't be so pessimistic, this thread wouldn't be the same without you lot talking about Top 4 laugh.png

I do agree with you but then again isn't it Skrtel who is the one who has inflamed this?!! If he's kept his trap shut, then everyone else would have moved on as you suggest. Posting pictures of clowns!! Theres only one person behaving like a clown here.

I think the media and football fans are simply irritated by his attitude to the situation. Look how quickly the Gerrard sending off been forgotten since he simply held his hands up..

I think super slow motion replays (which can totally distort an incident a real time incident) and media commentators shouting opinions to gain "clicks" has inflamed the situation.

There is no absolute proof he meant to do it, Gerrard yes but I don't know where else Skrtel was supposed to put his foot. And if he didn't mean to do it, as he as said in a club statement he has every right to feel aggrieved by the ban and about the lynch mob mentality of the likes on here. Calling the guy a "thug" base on this incident...self righteous bell ends.

Come on Bob don't be so pessimistic, this thread wouldn't be the same without you lot talking about Top 4 laugh.png

Mountainous climb alfie, but might be a bit too far if we lose this one. At least then we can move on to discussing winning the league next season wink.png

• Like 1

I think super slow motion replays (which can totally distort an incident a real time incident) and media commentators shouting opinions to gain "clicks" has inflamed the situation.

There is no absolute proof he meant to do it, Gerrard yes but I don't know where else Skrtel was supposed to put his foot. And if he didn't mean to do it, as he as said in a club statement he has every right to feel aggrieved by the ban and about the lynch mob mentality of the likes on here. Calling the guy a "thug" base on this incident...self righteous bell ends.

But then again Bob you'd have to be a Liverpool supporter to give him the benefit of the doubt for that "challenge".

Shall we move on now?!

• Like 1

I think anyone who has ever played football knows he did him and got caught.

Grow up.

• Like 1

I think anyone who has ever played football knows he did him and got caught.

Grow up.

A bag of lighthouses for you to suck on Chicog

post-102811-0-18290700-1427442365_thumb.

Sorry Bob, you get some of these for such a ridiculous remark cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Just found some interesting stuff about your youth set-up or should I say lack of it ! the guy has written a piece about Youth football and goes on to say

All those listed are youth internationals and as a by-point it's worth noting the worst scavenger is Liverpool who are desperately trying to make up for being ten years behind clubs like WBA in development of boys from 8-16 through signing the best domestic and international youth players available at the ages of 14-16.

sad.pngcoffee1.gif

Why haven't you given the source Alfie or the writers credentials?

Are you implying that I'm making it up or what he is saying isn't true ?

It's actually on a Spurs Forum written by a Chav I believe, it's about the new proposals and he seems to be very informed.

Sturridge out for a month, that will be 6 months without this season.

whats new???? sturridge has been injury proned for yonks, thats the very reason c/sea sold him (around 12 mil),as they have the best medical personel in world football to make that decision

unfortunately sturridge is another R.V.P.

Sturridge out for a month, that will be 6 months without this season.

whats new???? sturridge has been injury proned for yonks, thats the very reason c/sea sold him (around 12 mil),as they have the best medical personel in world football to make that decision

unfortunately sturridge is another R.V.P.

I think the 12 M was worth it considering the goals he returned so far, but it may be the case going forward, as you say. Without doubt some serious summer striker/s search is on.