Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We have Jordan Ibe, more gifted than Sterling and will now step out of his shadow and the club get 50M to boot, laters Raheem!

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Careful there coq, looks like you are developing an emoji habit. Please use the old fashion written word, and tell me on what grounds you find this hilarious?

^ He can't Bob as he is literacy challengedl! (and that is putting it nicely!). Only time I open his posts is when I'm teaching the 8 year old how NOT to write in English . (I show him a comment and the little fella picks out all the mistakes). He's getting good at it as wellbiggrin.png

• Like 2

The Sterling soap opera seems to be coming to a conclusion.

Maybe I've missed it but the reason he wants out of Liverpool is it :

(a) He want CL football before he get too old ?

(cool.png Its simply about a pay check increase ?

© He has no confidence in the current Manager ?

The track record of young English players going to City is hardly impressive, all seems rather surreal aka stupid

think he's just been really badly advised by a greedy gobsh*te agent to be honest. he's just turned 20, no need to move yet, take a new deal from liverpool for a couple more years and continue your development, then move to a champions league club when you're a more finished article of a player if you want. and yeah, the young british players to city route hasn't paid off much has it?

Christ, here we go again.

Won't he continue his development at City then ? or does his development stop when he leaves Clodagh and co ?

christ almighty, any chance you could take your simpleton sh*te out of the liverpool thread and stop spamming it? a post or two before it was pointed out that young players moving to man city early in their careers haven't exactly kicked on. johnson, rodwell, sinclair, despite the mitigating reasons cited by jackndanny, were never going to play regularly in a team full of expensive global names and high-priced imports. sterling, when he goes there, probably won't start every match like he would have done at liverpool. this is how a player develops. then when he is more developed, around the age of 23 or 24 or so, he could move to a champions league club and be sure of starting every game and not stagnating on the bench.

that simple enough for you soft lad? honestly don't know why i'm bothering to reply really, you're beyond help, incapable of sensible, rational discussion and just a pain in the arse in the liverpool thread to be honest.

• Like 2

The track record of young English players going to City is hardly impressive, all seems rather surreal aka stupid

think he's just been really badly advised by a greedy gobsh*te agent to be honest. he's just turned 20, no need to move yet, take a new deal from liverpool for a couple more years and continue your development, then move to a champions league club when you're a more finished article of a player if you want. and yeah, the young british players to city route hasn't paid off much has it?

Won't he continue his development at City then ? or does his development stop when he leaves Clodagh and co ?

christ almighty, any chance you could take your simpleton sh*te out of the liverpool thread and stop spamming it? a post or two before it was pointed out that young players moving to man city early in their careers haven't exactly kicked on. johnson, rodwell, sinclair, despite the mitigating reasons cited by jackndanny, were never going to play regularly in a team full of expensive global names and high-priced imports. sterling, when he goes there, probably won't start every match like he would have done at liverpool. this is how a player develops. then when he is more developed, around the age of 23 or 24 or so, he could move to a champions league club and be sure of starting every game and not stagnating on the bench.

that simple enough for you soft lad? honestly don't know why i'm bothering to reply really, you're beyond help, incapable of sensible, rational discussion and just a pain in the arse in the liverpool thread to be honest.

So what makes you think he would develop more at Liverpool than at City ?

Whats a soft lad by the way ? biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Sterling has said he won't be going on Liverpool's tour to Thailand. The dummy is out of the pram.

A proper example of modern churlish youth. He has a contract and is being paid wages, so earn your keep like everyone else you little <deleted>.

Sterling has said he won't be going on Liverpool's tour to Thailand. The dummy is out of the pram.

A proper example of modern churlish youth. He has a contract and is being paid wages, so earn your keep like everyone else you little <deleted>.

previous season he was a pretty model young pro, getting on with his game with a smile on his face. since then it's pretty clear he's had his head turned by his gobsh*te agent whispering in his ear. and this going on strike stuff and refusing to travel on a pre-season tour is pathetic - you want out, have the balls to put a transfer request in a forfeit various payments you don't bloody deserve.

• Like 1

Shades of Bale. coffee1.gif

It seems Sterling is letting it be known that he doesn't want to play for Brenda any more.

playing into the hands of the rodgers must go crowd who have been very vocal this summer and subsequently playing the "poor me poor me it isn't my fault" card. it's a sh*thouse trick and almost certainly his agent's.

get him gone now. pay up the £50m city and he's all yours.

It seems Sterling is letting it be known that he doesn't want to play for Brenda any more.

playing into the hands of the rodgers must go crowd who have been very vocal this summer and subsequently playing the "poor me poor me it isn't my fault" card. it's a sh*thouse trick and almost certainly his agent's.

get him gone now. pay up the £50m city and he's all yours.

StevieH, on 17 Jun 2015 - 15:42, said:

you misunderstand me alfie. they can have him but only when they come back with £60m.

Give it another week and it'll be 40m biggrin.png

So what makes you think he would develop more at Liverpool than at City ?

Whats a soft lad by the way ? biggrin.png

no idea what a ' soft lad ' is alfie u know these scoucers say one thing one week, then the complete opposite the next week,

apparently they aint bothered about losing sterling cos they've got ibe in waiting cheesy.gif

and besides that it's all the agents fault sterling doesn't want to play for Liverpool clap2.gif

nothing to do with them not getting him to sign an extension, coarse not

i think he should stay and let them watch 45 mil dribble down to nothing rolleyes.gif

and i'm so looking forward to them signing 'young' giggle.gif benteke

hapi days smile.png

Its become so clear now that the mere thought of Sterling playing again for Liverpool is inconceivable. This City deal needs to get closed up this week.

The whole things messy and unprofessional.

Have i missed something or does it appear that City are the only club interested in signing him? Perhaps clubs don't want to have to deal with that moronic agent of his? Doesn't seem to have done much for Berahino either has he. I suggest Liverpool take the 40m+whatever add-ons and prepare for what is a very tough first two months of next season. This situation isn't helping anyone. Except City perhaps.

• Like 1

the sterling affair/saga at liverpool,shows how far this club has slipped in the everyday running of a E.P.L. club

the club has reportably turned down a firm offer of 40 mil from man/city,holding out for 50 mil,,which has turned man/city heads away for the time being ,or perhaps permanently

outside this footy forum the 40 mil was a very fair price and perhaps over the odds in some quarters

MY call now is ,why did. nt l/pool take the 40 mil and move on????? then the fiasco would be over red rover,WIN WIN for all partys concerned

presently sterling has up the ante,( or antics,) man/city have backed off,and l/pool are digging a bigger hole for themselves as each day passes

carmines post has just appeared as i was posting this one, he has the simarlar thoughts as the abovesmile.png

this current l/pool management ,could ,nt run a brothel, simple as that

a sensational good morning to all my adoring admirers on the footy forumbiggrin.png

It does look stupid given he has only one year on his contract....£40m at that point looks good business.

The stupidity was 18 months ago when he should have been tied to a long deal.

Not sure where you got that one from Smokes as current contract ends in June 2017....you don't negotiate 3.5 years before the scheduled end. Two years before is the norm.

PLAYER DATA
Name in home country: Raheem Shaquille Sterling Date of birth: Dec 8, 1994 Place of birth: Kingston 76.png Age: 20 Height: 1,70 m Nationality: 189.png England

76.png Jamaica Position: Striker - Right Wing Foot: right Player's agent: Adrian Ward Current club: 31.png Liverpool FC In the team since: Jul 1, 2012 Contract until: 30.06.2017

Edited by wilai

It does look stupid given he has only one year on his contract....£40m at that point looks good business.

Not sure where you got that one from Smokes as current contract ends in June 2017....you don't negotiate 3.5 years before the scheduled end. Two years before is the norm.

RAHEEM STERLING

189.png

gb1.png

3299.png

31.png

s_134425_31_2012_2.jpg

Getty Images

Date of birth: Dec 8, 1994 in Kingston 76.png Age: 20 Nationality: 189.png England Height: 1,70 m Contract until: 30.06.2017

In the team since: Jul 1, 2012 Current club: Liverpool FC Position: Right Wing Player's agent: Adrian Ward Current National player: 189.pngEngland

My apologies...thought he had only a year left.

In that case its just the spoilt brat and his azzhole agent story.

Send him to City to rot in their reserves and enjoy coke filled weekends before being sold to Burnley for 50 grand.

• Like 2

PLAYER DATA
Name in home country: Raheem Shaquille Sterling Date of birth: Dec 8, 1994 Place of birth: Kingston 76.png Age: 20 Height: 1,70 m Nationality: 189.png England

76.png Jamaica Position: Striker - Right Wing Foot: right Player's agent: Adrian Ward Current club: 31.png Liverpool FC In the team since: Jul 1, 2012 Contract until: 30.06.2017

You can negotiate at any time rolleyes.gif 3 years in Bentalebs case biggrin.png

Ok, so you base your argument on Sterling not developing at Man City on Rodwell, Johnson and Sinclair, plus of course he is going to be a regular (if fit) in the team smile.png

Edited by alfieconn

^ or....training at Kirkby in the afternoons? Just him and a medicine ball for companysmile.png

Its a crappy situation and one UEFA haven't addressed.

On one hand you have the club tying a young player into a decent deal for his age...on the other a couple of years later the player's head gets turned by the superstar wages and lifestyle.

He sees the £300 000 a week wages and wants it now....sad really.

Just a matter of character and it seems at his young age Sterling is lacking in that area....which to me would be a red flag to buying him.

Berahinho has apparently kicked the Bromley wide boy into touch....Trouble in Aidy's Paradise?biggrin.png

Having read the comments he made regards Liverpool and the manner in which he conducts himself you would have to be a halfwit to want him representing you.

Defies belief how this guy has any clients. i would have thought getting rid of Ward will greatly increase Berahino's chances of a decent transfer. He'd be very suitable for both our clubs!!

• Like 1

PLAYER DATA

You can negotiate at any time rolleyes.gif 3 years in Bentalebs case biggrin.png

hurricane kane done two upgrades of his contracts in a matter of weeks last season, to ward off future buyers and reward him for his outstanding efforts, nice work by tottssmile.png

at any well run club ,that has a player on their books who has untapped potential etc etc ,would be reviewed periodically on performances etc etc,and rewarded accordingly

u can stick this 2 yr thingo up your jumper,but you are as deluded as the present management at liverpool, who are totally out of control in all areas, particular the sterling affair

they could . nt organise a piss up in a brewery, full stop

• Like 1

Interesting Piece :
Throughout 2014, Liverpool were repeatedly linked with MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli, who ultimately ended up at Tottenham after rejecting a move to Anfield. At one point, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers made a personal scouting trip to watch Alli, and a deal seemed nailed-on, but once again, Spurs beat Liverpool to the punch. So what went wrong?

Prior to his £5m Spurs move, Alli even claimed to be a Liverpool fan. He told the Daily Mail:

"I am actually a Liverpool fan and Gerrard is someone I look up to massively. Gerrard was a big influence on why I support Liverpool"

Clearly, Alli's fan-status made no difference to his decision, and in an interview this week, the 19-year old explained why he snubbed Liverpool. He told theLiverpool Echo:

“At the time I didn’t feel Liverpool was the right move personally, and I wanted to stay at MK a bit longer to get some more first-team experience. I knew if I got more experience by the end of the season that I’d be ready to move.”

Did Liverpool miss out here? The Academy is bursting at the seams with young talent, but the club lacks - even in the youth ranks - big, tall, combative midfield players, and Alli possibly offers something different.

Unfortunately, Gerrard aside, no central midfielder has ever graduated from the academy to become a regular in the first team. Jay Spearing came closest, but he averaged only 10 appearances a season over a 5-year period.

As such, rejecting Liverpool is arguably the right decision. Anfield is a graveyard for young players, and history proves that very few ever make it.

• Like 1