Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Rumours from cyberspace is that Jordan Henderson is set to be named Liverpool captain tomorrow.

Best of a bad bunch or true captain material?

confirmed apparently. got no problem with it, think he's done a decent enough job as vice and will hopefully thrive now that he's out of gerrard's shadow.

be surprised if the vice job wasn't given to milner now tbh. guess other candidates would be skrtel, sakho and, if he's still there, lucas.

I don't know who else you could give it to, and Milner should be vice.

I'd like think Can will shine in midfield this year and command the job from there on in, looks like captain material.

yeah fingers crossed on both can and markovic this season - both 20, both hugely rated youngsters, hopefully both can really kick on.

to be honest skrtel's never come across as captain material. far too rick-prone. henderson seemed to grow into the role in gerrard's absence last season.

'course', rijit.

and yes, it is.

Yep as per' blame the agent.

rijit

have to say i'm mystified by the way you stick up for this agent. I just don't get it. Surely you have heard what he's said. He hasn't been misquoted at all.

Its disgraceful and at best thoroughly unprofessional.

Now, i'm presuming you have heard what he's had to say so explain to me why you think he's being hard done by. Genuinely interested Rij.

Please explain why we are being hard on him.

• Like 1

Rumours from cyberspace is that Jordan Henderson is set to be named Liverpool captain tomorrow.

Best of a bad bunch or true captain material?

confirmed apparently. got no problem with it, think he's done a decent enough job as vice and will hopefully thrive now that he's out of gerrard's shadow.

be surprised if the vice job wasn't given to milner now tbh. guess other candidates would be skrtel, sakho and, if he's still there, lucas.

I'd like think Can will shine in midfield this year and command the job from there on in, looks like captain material.

yeah fingers crossed on both can and markovic this season - both 20, both hugely rated youngsters, hopefully both can really kick on.

to be honest skrtel's never come across as captain material. far too rick-prone. henderson seemed to grow into the role in gerrard's absence last season.

Judging by the way Ballotelli let him know who was taking that penalty last season calls to question whether Henderson is a strong enough character.

I also think Can will shine if Rodgers stops playing him out of position.

Judging by the way Ballotelli let him know who was taking that penalty last season calls to question whether Henderson is a strong enough character.

I also think Can will shine if Rodgers stops playing him out of position.

yeah i reckon part of rodgers' summer b*llocking, sorry, performance review, will have been about playing players out of position. he got away with that 3-5-2 for a little while but then good teams worked it out. now you have to start playing young players in their proper positions and develop them properly. so no more markovic and ibe at wingback, no more can at rightback. no more lovren at centreback while we're at it.

i think henderson will be fine FWIW. he wasn't yet captain last season and that was just balotelli being a c*ck really. otherwise when i've seen henderson with the armband he's been pretty good - organizes, gets in the ref's face, shows some promise at becoming a decent leader.

#‎LFC‬ can confirm that Gary McAllister has been appointed as the club's new first-team coach.

The Scot, who made 87 appearances for the Reds between 2000 and 2002, returns to take up a role in Brendan Rodgers' new-look backroom team.

"I'm delighted. I'm really excited about the prospect of coming back. It's fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it," he said.

Now we're moving in the right directionthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

#‎LFC‬ can confirm that Gary McAllister has been appointed as the club's new first-team coach.

The Scot, who made 87 appearances for the Reds between 2000 and 2002, returns to take up a role in Brendan Rodgers' new-look backroom team.

"I'm delighted. I'm really excited about the prospect of coming back. It's fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it," he said.

Probably be manager by Christmas

Probably be manager by Christmas

A Scottish manager.

Be afraid...be very afraid. :o

• Like 2

Shame about Mario's Dad. Family first over footy. On another topic: Bolton have just signed ex Red Jordan Lussey on a one year contract. Anyone know if he's any good? Championship standard, as opposed to Premiership?

And why is Sterling there, I thought he called in sick?

As in "I'm sick of playing for Brenda".

He has just been pulled, apparently LFC in advance talks with City

Its all about the money!

Rumoured agreed salary of 200K a week!!

What! No Mario!

And why is Sterling there, I thought he called in sick?

As in "I'm sick of playing for Brenda".

He has just been pulled, apparently LFC in advance talks with City

Its all about the money!

Really, nothing to do with regular champions lge footie?

rijit