Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

A good craic tonight...despite the weather. Despite the conditions (and Howard Webb's Thai brother), we played some reasonable stuff and should have won by a few more. Keeper and woodwork played blinders! Still...as the chavs only managed 1 in their game against the 'All Stars', 4-0 will do for starters. No-one really stood out but they didn't have to tbh.

Great afternoon/evening with the Thai lads...one of whom gave me his plazzy mac as he had a seat in West Stand. He ended up in East with the rest of us and no....I didn't give the mac backbiggrin.png #lastmanstanding

Comparing their result with the chavs after playing a Thai Team cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

ah come on alfie leave them alone

they just think it's

Great, Sterling has gone.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Brisbane game will be shown on Astro SS3 tomorrow....kick off 15:45smile.png

Is that time correct Wilai?

Ignore that, my apologies.

<deleted> of a time for me. Probably catch it on LFCTV later on.

Edited by longstebe

Brisbane game will be shown on Astro SS3 tomorrow....kick off 15:45smile.png

Have to miss a chunk of it for the Champions League draw.

biggrin.png

Why? Arse aren't drawn until late August....closet Celt?biggrin.png
Oh no it's just that seeing who Dnipro or some Maltese team are playing is more interesting :) Edited by Chicog

the scousers struggle ^^^^ , with an I.Q , of 40 cheesy.gif

Irony is seemingly lost on you....must be the water going down the plughole the wrong way.

go suck your thumb, fluffwit

Toys back in your pram now kiddo....you wouldn't want to start the season with a suspension now....:D

the scousers struggle ^^^^ , with an I.Q , of 40 cheesy.gif

Irony is seemingly lost on you....must be the water going down the plughole the wrong way.

go suck your thumb, fluffwit

Toys back in your pram now kiddo....you wouldn't want to start the season with a suspension now....biggrin.png

He must be close to it already...I do notice he isn't as blatantly obtuse on the forums where moderating is taken more seriously ,<cough-cough>whistling.gif

tony barrett says we've met villa's release clause for benteke. good.

Not messing about this window - good stuff.

seems like it doesn't it? makes a pleasant change.

would've thought it made sense to get benteke in for the asia tour to be honest but perhaps we had to wait until we'd got the sterling money in first.

would've thought it made sense to get benteke in for the asia tour to be honest but perhaps we had to wait until we'd got the sterling money in first.

What do you lads think to this signing?

i really like him and think he's absolutely the best forward signing we could have made this summer. he scores loads of goals of all types, isn't just a big lump or target man, has lots more to his game than that. our biggest problem last season was no strikers and just a massive lack of goals. hopefully between firmino and benteke we've addressed that this summer - plus reasonable bench options in ings and origi, both of whom already look like upgrades on lambert, borini and balotelli.

we've had to pay top whack for him but we need a top quality striker and regular goalscorer 'cos sadly we can't count on sturridge's fitness. benteke - assuming we've got it done and he is coming to us - will do for me. think he'll flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the division.

i really like him and think he's absolutely the best forward signing we could have made this summer. he scores loads of goals of all types, isn't just a big lump or target man, has lots more to his game than that. our biggest problem last season was no strikers and just a massive lack of goals. hopefully between firmino and benteke we've addressed that this summer - plus reasonable bench options in ings and origi, both of whom already look like upgrades on lambert, borini and balotelli.

we've had to pay top whack for him but we need a top quality striker and regular goalscorer 'cos sadly we can't count on sturridge's fitness. benteke - assuming we've got it done and he is coming to us - will do for me. think he'll flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the division.

Yeah I'm relieved that we have a proven EPL goal scorer more than anything. Sturridge, Benteke, Orgi and Ings will do for me.

I would have been more concerned if we didn't pay the money and then bring in someone like Llorente or Rondon.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheeky deal on a decent left back just to round it off now.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm relieved that we have a proven EPL goal scorer more than anything. Sturridge, Benteke, Orgi and Ings will do for me.

I would have been more concerned if we didn't pay the money and then bring in someone like Llorente or Rondon.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheeky deal on a decent left back just to round it off now.

agree, seen loads of lads saying we should go for lacazette from lyon and while he's good there's no guarantee he'd settle in english football at all - there's so many have come from france and not adjusted. same goes for rondon or llorente or anyone else from abroad. benteke's already premier league proven so that makes him worth another 6 or 7 million quid for me. hopefully he'll just hit the ground running.

i quite like the look of that young swedish left-back, ludwig whatshisname. and since we seem to be finally bombing enrique out we do need another one there.

• Like 2

Going back in time

StevieH

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

You reckon he's a good fit?