Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

^Agreed .So with Milner out who do ye reckon should get the armband,or who do ye think will get the armband , do ye think it'll be one and the same?

if sakho starts it'll be sakho. if sakho doesn't start and we play a scratch XI, probably kolo toure.

and to be honest i'm not that bothered who wears the armband, they should all be playing with intensity and drive and desire regardless of who's got the cloth on their shoulder.

Balanced reporting BB. Benteke and Sturridge badly needed back on the pitch/on form.

I didn't think i'd be saying this at the start of the season, but I would prefer have preferred Ings back. I think he was ripe for settling in nicely to Klopp's style, such a shame.

I'm not sure how Sturridge is going to be able to adapt with his frequency of injuries, actually can't see him being Liverpool player beyond this season.

I think Benteke will start today and maybe Firmino, someone who we are really hoping will be able to find his Bundesliga form.

Coutinho needs to get his form back too. He's also going to have to up his all round work rate if he wants to get on with Klopp.

i wouldn't be at all surprised to see klopp sell coutinho, not sure he's his kind of player at all. if barcelona offer £40m or whatever next summer i could see us taking it and letting klopp use the money.

Coutinho has the potential. No doubt. However i can't see him as a Klopp type player either. Klopp will demand he ups his workmate and tracks back I also read that since he scored the winner against City last march he's had 53 shots at goal, only half on target with a 4% shot/conversion rate which is Andros Townsend territory. Strange because i had a feeling he was going to be your most important player this season. Still might be but theres a lot of improvements needed.

So Sturridge not in contention again tonight & Benteke out , 4fs these two are like tampons ,in for a week -out for a month!!

Randall , Brannagan ,Texiera & Firmino all set to start.

nice to see you back mary, I still laugh at your email to alfie

• Like 1

So how's jimmy milner doing for your lot? You likey?

Considering our team effort under Rodgers, then a new manager arriving and with mounting attacking player injuries, it is probably a bit unfair to judge him.

In saying that, other than putting the effort in, Milner hasn't had a great impact. His preferred central role is not his best position, he looks more effect on the right.

From what I saw at City his best performances seemed be as an impact sub, coming on with energy and drive down the right-hand side. I'd like to think this would be his role under Klopp, but that might not happen until next season.

Edited by BangrakBob

Just coming back from the game, young lads did pretty well tonight. Not sure about Origi, seen Klopp a few times howling at him.

Roll on the rent boys, lets put Maureen out of his misery.

Edit:

Apparently Klopp has said Benteke should be ok for Saturday.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 2

So how's jimmy milner doing for your lot? You likey?

Considering our team effort under Rodgers, then a new manager arriving and with mounting attacking player injuries, it is probably a bit unfair to judge him.

In saying that, other than putting the effort in, Milner hasn't had a great impact. His preferred central role is not his best position, he looks more effect on the right.

From what I saw at City his best performances seemed be as an impact sub, coming on with energy and drive down the right-hand side. I'd like to think this would be his role under Klopp, but that might not happen until next season.

"His preferred central role is not his best position, he looks more effect on the right." You know that, we know that, so when will Jimmy realise that.

In total fairness to Jimmy, at City he'd gone beyond impact player in his last season - hence why we were all desperate to keep him - but he just couldn't keep the other wide midfield plays out.

He's a good un, treat him well.

"

• Like 1

sounds like benteke might be alright for chelsea on saturday. seriously hope so any road.

Origi clearly isn't ready. I'd like to see Jerome Sinclair given a shot if Benteke isn't fit. Klopp appears to be without reservation when giving youth a chance, you never know.

• Like 2

yeah origi is a bit of a puzzlement at the moment. has his big opportunity to stake a claim but doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it.

thought firmino showed a lot of reasons why we paid out for him last night. played well, looks a smart lad.

• Like 1

yeah origi is a bit of a puzzlement at the moment. has his big opportunity to stake a claim but doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it.

thought firmino showed a lot of reasons why we paid out for him last night. played well, looks a smart lad.

Yeah my dad's been here for the last 2 months, he's not convinced about him or Can. Every match he keeps highlighting that they're shit biggrin.png i keep telling him Can and Firmino are going to thrive under Klopp and finally last night he admitted Firmino looks like he might be alright. Only Can to go wink.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Man of the match for me was Bogdan, although creditable performances from a few others.

Hard to see where the goals are going to come from unless we get an extended run from Sturridge AND Benteke together, which is hard to see with their recent injury history.

Only scored more than one goal in a game once this season, Aston Villa at home, (bottom of the league), despite playing some mediocre teams. Only 2 teams in the league have scored less than us, West Brom and Watford !

Edited by thaiduncankk
  • Like 1

You switching Prem team allegiances Newpix to follow "your main man"?

I'll still buy the breakfasts! Not into cutting-off-the-nose-to-spite-the-face!

Edited by SantiSuk

I never had a Premier League Team allegiance...just follow a bit here and there. I've been following a bit more of Liverpool as of late though :).

HOWEVER, once Dortmund meet Liverpool in the final of the Europa League at the end of this season there will be zero sympathy.

You can already see and feel a difference in the Liverpool side.

It'll be interesting to see if Coutinho will kick on from here. Maybe he's decided he wants to play under the new management and realizes that Klopp will make a much better player of him.

Emre Can is going to be a star i reckon. Especially under Klopp.

Big question mark must lie over the fitness of Sturridge and when to call time and move on without him.

^ I don't think he'll do much in January, unless ravaged with injuries. Like you mentioned, he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of individuals, I get the feeling from this statement, "we did ok, but we can get much, much better" he wants to see what he can get out of what we have, including youth.

Haven't enjoyed a game like that since 2013/14.

• Like 2

^ I don't think he'll do much in January, unless ravaged with injuries. Like you mentioned, he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of individuals, I get the feeling from this statement, "we did ok, but we can get much, much better" he wants to see what he can get out of what we have, including youth.

Yeah great opportunity for some of the younger guys to make a claim under Klopp then.

Bit worried about Milners recent form, he's looked really odd, kind of looks weak in the challenge and starting to look leggy already, maybe too many games in sucession given the ground he covers ? Or is it the weight of being made captain - not sure what it is but he's surely better than this ?

I have to say starting see signs this Firmino could be some player !!

Yeah great opportunity for some of the younger guys to make a claim under Klopp then.

Bit worried about Milners recent form, he's looked really odd, kind of looks weak in the challenge and starting to look leggy already, maybe too many games in sucession given the ground he covers ? Or is it the weight of being made captain - not sure what it is but he's surely better than this ?

I have to say starting see signs this Firmino could be some player !!

As much as Moreno was caught napping again I think Milner cost us that goal on Saturday. It certainly was his crap tackle that got Southampton their goal the week before.

It does look like he is getting worse, maybe he does need a rest as he did look a bit knackered on Saturday. Or maybe he is struggling to adapt, but I didn't think he did much before Klopp arrived.

Well City fans loved him, so there is hope yet.

• Like 1