Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

mignolet is suspect number 1 playing for his bloody future. i don't like that it takes a new manager coming in to wake a damn goalkeeper up.

Wasn't much of a test but he did his job well today.

he stopped shots and made good saves. goalkeeping basics. but he's a nervous nelly and i think is just too mentally unstable to be a real top class keeper. we need much better than him to compete and to give the defenders in front of him trust and confidence. pepe reina basically.

I grew up in Anfield (both ends of Wally Breck) and later lived and worked in and around Manchester for nearly 20 years.

Never experienced any personal animosity in Manchester and still have mates there who I see when they come out here.

But there definitely exists a big tribal gap between the two, and the thinking that "we're all the same really and we rightly hate southerners" is both unrealistic and immature.

Frustrating match, the legacy of Rodgers isn't just going to magically vanish in a couple of weeks and the players are going to take time to adapt to Klopp.

Proper lack of quality in the final third, we don't have midfield finishers and only have one 100% fit striker, who at the minute couldn't score in a brothel.

No matter Kazan's Russian league form, I thought they set up well and coped well with 10 men. It was a harsh sending off, and they might well have won with a full complement.

• Like 2

Balanced reporting BB. Benteke and Sturridge badly needed back on the pitch/on form.

I didn't think i'd be saying this at the start of the season, but I would prefer have preferred Ings back. I think he was ripe for settling in nicely to Klopp's style, such a shame.

I'm not sure how Sturridge is going to be able to adapt with his frequency of injuries, actually can't see him being Liverpool player beyond this season.

I think Benteke will start today and maybe Firmino, someone who we are really hoping will be able to find his Bundesliga form.

Balanced reporting BB. Benteke and Sturridge badly needed back on the pitch/on form.

I didn't think i'd be saying this at the start of the season, but I would prefer have preferred Ings back. I think he was ripe for settling in nicely to Klopp's style, such a shame.

I'm not sure how Sturridge is going to be able to adapt with his frequency of injuries, actually can't see him being Liverpool player beyond this season.

I think Benteke will start today and maybe Firmino, someone who we are really hoping will be able to find his Bundesliga form.

Coutinho needs to get his form back too. He's also going to have to up his all round work rate if he wants to get on with Klopp.

• Like 1

Coutinho needs to get his form back too. He's also going to have to up his all round work rate if he wants to get on with Klopp.

i wouldn't be at all surprised to see klopp sell coutinho, not sure he's his kind of player at all. if barcelona offer £40m or whatever next summer i could see us taking it and letting klopp use the money.

Looks like Anfield was given the all clear late last night after some dude went missing on the tour. Bizzies, sniffer dogs the lot. Crazy times.

Shame the bizzies don't react the same when players go missing...Is Coutinho fit for tonight?whistling.gif

I guess the best we can hope for on the weekend is a nil all draw or on a positive note, percentages would suggest some players are due a goal or two and we are due a win.

Just hope for no injuries tonight.

yeah christ i'd half-forgotten about tonight. think we might have to really play the kids against bournemouth to leave us a squad for that plastic sh*thole at the weekend.

and we also need a few of the more senior players to step up now. can't just go blaming the lack of goals on young kid origi, likes of lallana, milner, coutinho have to provide a threat as well.

• Like 1

in his defence his lille team were sh*te and he also really wanted them to let him leave for liverpool so his head was a bit wrecked. he's not crap, he's just young and raw. belgium world cup squad at 19 is pretty good going. annoying that we're relying on another unproven kid though.

Milner suspended tonight .Do ye think that was a tactical yellow v Southampton?ermm.gif

yep, absolutely. that and the cross to benteke were about his main contributions versus saints to be honest. expect a good deal more from him.

• Like 1