Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

poor, poor lad. <deleted> gutted for him. this isn't funny right now, gomez and ings would be ideal klopp players and they're not even short-term injuries. <deleted> this.

The only lad that looked like a Liverpool player was Ings, can't believe it.

Looking on the bright side, the kids are going to get their chance. I really like that idea, and fortunately it's a part of Klopp's philosophy.

I'm not going to crap on more about Klopp, but his attitude towards experience vs youth is actually backed up with success.

Not expecting much against a Spurs team that has found their rhythm and style, but looking forward to it all the same.

Edited by BangrakBob

6 Cruciate Ligament injuries in last six weeks! All affected players wore Nike boots! Coincidence???? (Bojan and Walcott also wearing Nike when they did their's)bah.gif

*source 442 mag.

Edited by wilai

^ACL's so far in 2015....72% Nike boots.

CRbGkFfXAAApz0t.png

Some players think it is the pitches that are to blame. Possibly a bit of both I think? Lightweight 'gripping' boots, together with turf that doesn't give way is not good for knee joints. I did my MCL (Medial) once and that was caused by studs getting stuck whilst I turned quickly.

Can't believe how common ACLs are becoming, new style pitches have to be to blame. If the turf doesn't give our body's do! Killing us! #ACL

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

nah mate, i like manchester. did lots of my growing up there, had some great times. still got irish side of the family there. manchester and liverpool are brothers really. so much in common and such base rivalry. i've said this before on here though. two cities divided by a <deleted> cotton trade.

Not looking to stir or goad, but "manchester and liverpool are brothers really". Are you sure? Not sure if many Mancunians, Red, Blue or no-football interest would agree. Interesting.

]

nah mate, i like manchester. did lots of my growing up there, had some great times. still got irish side of the family there. manchester and liverpool are brothers really. so much in common and such base rivalry. i've said this before on here though. two cities divided by a <deleted> cotton trade.

Not looking to stir or goad, but "manchester and liverpool are brothers really". Are you sure? Not sure if many Mancunians, Red, Blue or no-football interest would agree. Interesting.

]

Sisters.

i know loads of lads from manchester. and i know loads of lads from liverpool. and they all say the same thing, we have far, far more in common with each other than we do with the rest of england or britain. we're neighbours and rivals but we've got so much more in common than we have with some prick from kent for example. or some whopper from london. or some cornish sort. the commonness is where the rivalry and yes, hate, comes from. we're very alike, socially, culturally, economically, politically. you've never really thought this?

poor, poor lad. <deleted> gutted for him. this isn't funny right now, gomez and ings would be ideal klopp players and they're not even short-term injuries. <deleted> this.

Looking on the bright side, the kids are going to get their chance. I really like that idea, and fortunately it's a part of Klopp's philosophy.

I'm not going to crap on more about Klopp, but his attitude towards experience vs youth is actually backed up with success.

Not expecting much against a Spurs team that has found their rhythm and style, but looking forward to it all the same.

Actually you have a great opportunity to expose our midfield. Dier is suspended and as you know he's been outstanding in the holding role. The problems mount with Bentaleb and Mason also still out. This leaves Dembele almost certainly having to play the holding role as theres really no one else, Dele Alli being box to box.

I expect Klopp to put Coutinho in the hole behind Sturridge and reckon you'll cause us all sorts of problems. I can't see Pochettino wanting to change the center back pairing of Alderweirald/Vertonghen, especially facing Sturridge, so it seemingly has to be Dembele playing in an unfamiliar role and lacking in game time and form.

i know loads of lads from manchester. and i know loads of lads from liverpool. and they all say the same thing, we have far, far more in common with each other than we do with the rest of england or britain. we're neighbours and rivals but we've got so much more in common than we have with some prick from kent for example. or some whopper from london. or some cornish sort. the commonness is where the rivalry and yes, hate, comes from. we're very alike, socially, culturally, economically, politically. you've never really thought this?

For me there is no difference between a Manc and a Scouser, except accents. Both welcoming like one of their own, a friend of yours is a friend of mine. Both would spend their last 50 quid taking you out. Both have style and jib to match. Both great blaggers and pro thieves. Both would have your back in a minute. Musical Fraternities. For me great cities, great people.

The hatred is a shame to be honest. I lived in and around Crumpsall, Kersal, Prestwich, Whitefield around 2000-2005, and although my mates (Mancs) knew I was a Liverpool fan, they wouldn't mention it when we were out and about, quickest way to hospital. Aside that, those years were an awesome cocaine/MDMA fuelled extravaganza. Nothing better than being in a sweaty sea of like minded <deleted> up people living for the moment at the Manchester Apollo, while the Doves play a home coming gig, or QOTSA, Charlatans or Basement Jaxx ant the like.

that's great stuff that mate, and totally agree. we only 'hate' each other locally. if it came to an english civil war liverpool and manchester would be brothers in arms against the south in a heartbeat. we've got everything in common, it's only the football where the divide comes in. it's neighbours arguing over a borrowed lawnmower.

many of my best nights out ever were in manchester. mondays at the hacienda, 808 state at the boardwalk, star and garter.

I think we're getting to the bottom of it now. I don't think scousers and mancunians like each other and we're not brothers, there is a rivalry, but we do have similarities with each other more than with say others around the country, and we do feel closer to each other than we do with others outside the northwest.

Thought it was important to clarify.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Actually you have a great opportunity to expose our midfield. Dier is suspended and as you know he's been outstanding in the holding role. The problems mount with Bentaleb and Mason also still out. This leaves Dembele almost certainly having to play the holding role as theres really no one else, Dele Alli being box to box.

I expect Klopp to put Coutinho in the hole behind Sturridge and reckon you'll cause us all sorts of problems. I can't see Pochettino wanting to change the center back pairing of Alderweirald/Vertonghen, especially facing Sturridge, so it seemingly has to be Dembele playing in an unfamiliar role and lacking in game time and form.

You've not lost a game for a bit, and we are losing players on a daily basis. I know Klopp is a supposed genius, but this is still the same squad (what's left of it) that has been pretty awful this season, I doubt he has had enough time to give us a chance of winning. I'd be happy with a draw.

For me there is no difference between a Manc and a Scouser, except accents. Both welcoming like one of their own, a friend of yours is a friend of mine. Both would spend their last 50 quid taking you out. Both have style and jib to match. Both great blaggers and pro thieves. Both would have your back in a minute. Musical Fraternities. For me great cities, great people.

The hatred is a shame to be honest. I lived in and around Crumpsall, Kersal, Prestwich, Whitefield around 2000-2005, and although my mates (Mancs) knew I was a Liverpool fan, they wouldn't mention it when we were out and about, quickest way to hospital. Aside that, those years were an awesome cocaine/MDMA fuelled extravaganza. Nothing better than being in a sweaty sea of like minded <deleted> up people living for the moment at the Manchester Apollo, while the Doves play a home coming gig, or QOTSA, Charlatans or Basement Jaxx ant the like.

that's great stuff that mate, and totally agree. we only 'hate' each other locally. if it came to an english civil war liverpool and manchester would be brothers in arms against the south in a heartbeat. we've got everything in common, it's only the football where the divide comes in. it's neighbours arguing over a borrowed lawnmower.

many of my best nights out ever were in manchester. mondays at the hacienda, 808 state at the boardwalk, star and garter.

Be interesting to see if Leeds would fight with us. They'd probably say, yeah we're right behind you and then start stabbing us in the back biggrin.png

I agree with yours and BB view stevie. I mentioned before that I lived on Walton Breck Rd and then moved to Aigburth in the early 80's. Fantastic times and the fact I was a Manc didn't matter one iota. Probably cos I'm a blue tongue.png I used to take some of my mates over to Manchester to go to the Hacienda and stay at my ma's house. As a laugh, one of them bought her a plant as a present and put it in a Hub cap. Great days they were.

• Like 2

yeah origi likely to start apparently, sturridge unlikely to make it. jesus. and yeah, i'd take a draw now to be honest.

And the next five Liverpool fixtures are very tough too, let alone with half the first team injured.

^I know ,I can't stand mancs...Going to work for/with one next week & he's a die hard united fan & a proper <deleted>.Should be fun,that's if I last a week without cracking him!w00t.gif

Don't bother to turn up on Monday your sacked biggrin.png

• Like 1

Be interesting to see if Leeds would fight with us. They'd probably say, yeah we're right behind you and then start stabbing us in the back biggrin.png

I agree with yours and BB view stevie. I mentioned before that I lived on Walton Breck Rd and then moved to Aigburth in the early 80's. Fantastic times and the fact I was a Manc didn't matter one iota. Probably cos I'm a blue tongue.png I used to take some of my mates over to Manchester to go to the Hacienda and stay at my ma's house. As a laugh, one of them bought her a plant as a present and put it in a Hub cap. Great days they were.

i suspect we'd have to team up and obliterate dirty leeds from existence before we started.

• Like 1

With that kind of defensive pressure and commitment good things will eventually happen. Get a few of your attacking horses healthy and you'll be off to the races.

yeah was more organised, more effort and less stupid errors than recent times. decent point given our depleted squad.